onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

bang average side

RayWalkers40yarder

i dont post as much anymore but i feel the need to offlad some stuff that is really getting to me now.

1) i dont rate askey. poor manager whose had some lucky results.

2) we are garbage away and we keep the same tactics and shape every game

3) we have no plan b see number 2.

4) what is happening to the man city money is it being invested next season or swallowed up by the repayments to sexman.

5) the squad aside from the first 11 is awful - plain to see with the changes made for the leasing.com trophy game against salford.

6) why does amoo go missing in away games?

7) why do we insist on 1 up front at home.....aspin did that and ended up going...things havent changed (answer to this one is askey knws we arent gonna score many goals so wants to keep it tight every game)

if i think of anymore ill post again but promotion? youre having a laugh.

sproson was right on radio. if this lot went up we would have to replace 9 and start again.

but in the words of the great rob page....we go again. /sigh

Advert

i dont post as much anymore but i feel the need to offlad some stuff that is really getting to me now.

4) what is happening to the man city money is it being invested next season or swallowed up by the repayments to sexman.
5) the squad aside from the first 11 is awful - plain to see with the changes made for the leasing.com trophy game against salford.
7) why do we insist on 1 up front at home.....aspin did that and ended up going...things havent changed (answer to this one is askey knws we arent gonna score many goals so wants to keep it tight every game)
sproson was right on radio. if this lot went up we would have to replace 9 and start again.
Oh dear. Lost a match have we?!

The one thing I agree with is the title of the thread. We are a 'bang average' side which is considerable progress from he last 2 seasons of being a very poor side. Therefore keep up he good work JA - the vast majority of fans appreciate the steady progress and are fully behind you.

Hope your knees not too sore after its jerk

3 minutes ago, Valist said:

Oh dear. Lost a match have we?!

The one thing I agree with is the title of the thread. We are a 'bang average' side which is considerable progress from he last 2 seasons of being a very poor side. Therefore keep up he good work JA - the vast majority of fans appreciate the steady progress and are fully behind you.

no ive been thinking this for a few weeks. its got nothing to do with one match pal.

The Scumthwaite money is already collated and ringfenced. Effectively already paid for. No, the income from this season is not contributing towards it. 

Average is not the word I'd use to describe the incompetence I watched today, one particular phase just before the 3rd was truly horrifically bad, but over the course of the season it's there or there abouts because it's a crap league. Write this season off, spend some of the money on resigning our better players now and then in the summer replacing the deadwood.

OOC - 

Maddison - 1 year 
Gibbons - Sign
Smith - Sign
Evans - 1 year
Montano - 1 year 

Legge - he'll be 35 soon. At least one dangerous mistake in him every game. Consider releasing if the market is right tbh.
Brisley - release
Kennedy - release

Joyce - sign
Burgess - sign
Conlon - 1 year
Worrall - sign 
Amoo - sign
Browne - 1 year 

Lloyd - release
Atkinson - release

Cullen - release
Archer - release

Wouldn't be too disappointed to see Crookes and Bennett get offered mutual termination.

Think you need to chill and take a couple of hours to calm down before posting. Proper knee jerk reaction post this is.

Anyone who thought we would progress from poor to good in a season was deluded. This season we are much better than last on a marginally lower budget. The challenge will be to make progress to being a good side on what will probably be a top 10 budget.

Fans /Football supporters are notorious for having short memory syndrome,this time last season we were looking into the abyss,this season we are tenth and we've had a couple of cup games to enjoy.

I'm beginning to think we would be better off say in 16th place and then the unreasonable expectations wouldn't surface.

1 hour ago, RayWalkers40yarder said:

You answer some of you’re own questions. 5 is the reason for 2, 3 and 7, perhaps even 6.

Given 2 to 7, surely that contradicts 1?

5 was caused by the previous owners well documented breaking up of a steady League 1 side and his actions thereafter.

The cup half full view would see a club that has massively improved, both on and off the field, under better ownership.  A team currently tenth, still in sight of the play offs and a million miles off being relegation fodder. A team with an great home record, which is a complete reversal from last season.

What’s your problem? 😳

However when your in a position to build on more have we shown a lack of ambition yes we are happy with the progress but who's saying we be 10th next season sometimes you gotta to gamble within reason a missed opportunity maybe UTV

You answer some of you’re own questions. 5 is the reason for 2, 3 and 7, perhaps even 6.
Given 2 to 7, surely that contradicts 1?
5 was caused by the previous owners well documented breaking up of a steady League 1 side and his actions thereafter.
The cup half full view would see a club that has massively improved, both on and off the field, under better ownership.  A team currently tenth, still in sight of the play offs and a million miles off being relegation fodder. A team with an great home record, which is a complete reversal from last season.
What’s your problem?

It's called ambition

Fans /Football supporters are notorious for having short memory syndrome,this time last season we were looking into the abyss,this season we are tenth and we've had a couple of cup games to enjoy.
I'm beginning to think we would be better off say in 16th place and then the unreasonable expectations wouldn't surface.

Archived