onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Swindon Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

Both their wingers were on fire and are better when at their best than anything we have. Although Swindon score a lot they only played with one out and out striker. They get the players just behind into the box a lot quicker than we do and they move the ball forward quicker and with more accuracy. 

Advert

That's what's needed score more than you concede.We rely on our defence keeping a clean sheet because as an offensive unit we dont have the firepower to dig us out of a hole. Lets be honest this forward line isn't capable of scoring 3 goals in a game. If we are spending any money in the future I hope its on a goal scoring striker. We dont need any more players who play in the strikers role but dont score. 

It wasn’t the terrible effort 3-0 appears. It was very even until half time and felt pretty equal. 

Swindon were more clinical. They are top scorers in the division and today it showed. 

Yes we need better attacking players but to be honest promotion season aside, that has been the case ever since the 97/98 season, with the possible exception of the Brooker/McPhee season. 

Rubbish, it was awful and a fair result. It was an even game until Smith went off where they hadn’t had a shot, then the next 10 minutes saw Brown make 2 good saves and 2 goals. The last 2 games Joyce has been dreadful, Amoo did nothing today, why he doesn’t use his pace I don’t know, Atkinson is too slow on the ball and Cullen is not the answer. Shows how bad we were as Smith was our MOM and he was only on the pitch for about 25 minutes. I want my £23 back!

Don't know why everyone is moaning about the squad. There isn't a side in the league that has a good squad of players. Each club will have a fair few players that many won't consider good enough. Our strongest 11 is as good as any in the league - But it's not Askey's fault that Oyeleke misses so much football, that Pope can't stay off Twitter, or that Taylor will have missed a chunk of the season through injury.

It's clear we're short in a couple of positions, namely centre-back and up front. Bennett isn't and will never be good enough, Cullen would be better in a two but that's not how Askey likes to play, and Pope at the age now where he shouldn't be relied on so much. I've seen next to nothing of Archer but nothing suggests he's anywhere close to being good enough right now.

2 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

Obviously not happy that his team are top and have just won 3-0, Lee Power on Twitter,  “Hi #PVFC fans.  May I just ask where the other 7,000 away fans were?  Disappointed only 200 showed up as I had the Stratton bank ready. Thanks Lee” 

Where were the 7,000 away fans? Vale fans are not stupid. You charge the same amount of money (£10) just to park your car at Swindon whereas the 7,000 got to watch the Premier League/FA Cup Holders for the same money.

Mind you I heard there are another 250 fans who are still trying to navigate your roundabouts.

1 hour ago, TJHValiant said:

It wasn’t the terrible effort 3-0 appears. It was very even until half time and felt pretty equal. 

Swindon were more clinical. They are top scorers in the division and today it showed. 

Yes we need better attacking players but to be honest promotion season aside, that has been the case ever since the 97/98 season, with the possible exception of the Brooker/McPhee season. 

Can't agree. I attended and we were absolutely dreadful.

It was even for the first 10/15 until Grant decided he fancied running the show. He's had on us toast and made us look like amateurs today. Smith went off and we fell apart at the seams.

3-0 flattered us. Several good stops from Brown and bar Cullen's squandered effort we created absolutely zero, failing to test Benda once.

They are the top scorers in the division but have lost their two top scorers! There was 30 goals missing from their side today. Clinical doesn't cut it. We were outclassed.

The lack of resilience shown by a few of our players today was the biggest disappointment.

On to another tough game on Tuesday.

Only player to emerge with credit today was Burgess, who never lost the ball (apart from when the unusually poor Joyce decided to pass to him whilst he was on the ground) and was the architect of our only chance which Cullen should have buried.

Gibbons always looked to get involved but several threw in the towel/weren't up to scratch.

Archived