onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Leyton Orient

Fosse69

1 minute ago, Guitar Ray said:

No, not sure where the off side occurred.  Either way, Brownie wasn’t to know.

The new media guy should  compile a montage of Browns saves for the first half of the season.  Would make great viewing.

The guy was miles offside. But as you say, Browny was not to know. Great save.

Advert

I’m going to disagree with some posters in that I thought Orient looked quite a poor outfit.  We played well and, if we’d have stuck our early chances away, could and should have finished with a more convincing win. Having said that the game itself was very entertaining, with some good football and quite open. 

6 points from the last 3 games is a good return and it’s nice to see the gap close on the teams above.

26 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

I was surprised that we made the substitutions when we did, as I thought that we’d got total control of the game, but JA is the manager and the players might have been fatigued. As I said in an earlier post when the subs were due to come on Cullen moved towards the railway paddock. As he was walking off Leon came to him and shook his hand, I don’t know if that was to console him. Glad both players had a standing ovation as they left the pitch.

I think it’s because Pope can hold the ball up and is more difficult to knock off the ball. He’s also useful in defence. Cullen played really well so it couldn’t have been for anything else

All this talk about Amoo - There's a reason why he plays in League Two. Consistency. He blows hot and cold - If he blew more hot than cold he would have been playing a league or two higher up in his career. It's that simple.

He'll have quiet spells and will frustrate a lot, but he's a threat. Other teams will worry about him and make plans to try and deal with him.

5 minutes ago, TylerB said:

All this talk about Amoo - There's a reason why he plays in League Two. Consistency. He blows hot and cold - If he blew more hot than cold he would have been playing a league or two higher up in his career. It's that simple.

He'll have quiet spells and will frustrate a lot, but he's a threat. Other teams will worry about him and make plans to try and deal with him.

Why all the talk about Amoo? That is the point. Where is the talk about Worrall, or Atkinson, or Conlon, or Bennett or Joyce. It is obsessive. That is the point. 

I think I know why, and that is because he is noticeable for some reason. Let me think why? And a stereotype, he is lazy, despite this not being true,

Let me think, hmmm. It is because he his black. That is why. He is easy to spot, Easy to pick on. 

It reminds me a bit of Marcus Harness. I thought he did okay for us. But he got ripped apart on here, Jacko made a good point that he was "noiiceable" with his hair. Fair point and this is why he got picked on.

He's doing alright for himself these days. 

Now I am not saying that this is racism per se. But these lads are under an unreasonable amount of scrutiny. And unfairly singled out, white blokes can be crap and no one mentions it. If you are a black bloke you will get murdered.

And this observation goes from way back. Just hope it will change. I'm sure many will say this is a bit Snowflake. And mention a load of our black heroes. But I still think our black players get singled out as hero or zero and lazy. Which is not fair,

Rant over.

10 hours ago, Playa Amodores said:

I’d have taken the season tickets holders allocation down to one ticket. I’m a season ticket holder but knew I couldn’t make it when the draw was made, so I didn’t buy a ticket. I have heard from a reliable source that no records were made on a season tickets being used to purchase tickets. This meant that some unscrupulous ST holders had more than their allocated two tickets.

A simple solution is to have numbers 1 to 5 in a circle on the season cards. Use a hole punch to punch a hole through each number inside using old fashioned paper vouchers in the old season tickets.

6 hours ago, toyahw said:

Why all the talk about Amoo? That is the point. Where is the talk about Worrall, or Atkinson, or Conlon, or Bennett or Joyce. It is obsessive. That is the point. 

I think I know why, and that is because he is noticeable for some reason. Let me think why? And a stereotype, he is lazy, despite this not being true,

Let me think, hmmm. It is because he his black. That is why. He is easy to spot, Easy to pick on. 

It reminds me a bit of Marcus Harness. I thought he did okay for us. But he got ripped apart on here, Jacko made a good point that he was "noiiceable" with his hair. Fair point and this is why he got picked on.

Now I am not saying that this is racism per se. But these lads are under an unreasonable amount of scrutiny. And unfairly singled out, white blokes can be crap and no one mentions it. If you are a black bloke you will get murdered.

And this observation goes from way back. Just hope it will change. I'm sure many will say this is a bit Snowflake. And mention a load of our black heroes. But I still think our black players get singled out as hero or zero and lazy. Which is not fair,

Rant over.

Brilliant. So pleased to see this. We all stereotype and categorize. It's how we work. We are trying to make sense of the world.

Once we've decided, we then notice any signs that confirm our view. Often ignoring other evidence.

Confirmation Bias.

Of course it's racist. 

My point is. We all judge, it's a natural human instinct.

Tolerance is acc

9 minutes ago, SFBT said:

Brilliant. So pleased to see this. We all stereotype and categorize. It's how we work. We are trying to make sense of the world.

Once we've decided, we then notice any signs that confirm our view. Often ignoring other evidence.

Confirmation Bias.

Of course it's racist. 

My point is. We all judge, it's a natural human instinct.

Tolerance is accepting that we judge and moderating our responses.

7 hours ago, JohnJames said:

I just can’t understand what the ref saw. He had a clear, unobstructed view about 5 yards away of their guy had both feet off the ground. It was certainly not a 50/50 ball as someone suggested. 

I know everyone feels they get hard done to by refs by I really don’t think we get the rub of the green with any of them, not that it mattered in the end, thankfully. 

On 15/01/2020 at 18:09, darren1810 said:

Still haunted by the last gasp goal away to these where it felt like we'd lost. 

These have had a poor season , unsurprising after the tragedy of Edinburgh passing away. Surely go for the throat from the off, be nice to get a really convincing win but a scrappy 1-0 will do just as well. Surely this is the time to ring the changes, nothing stupid but maybe up to three.

Is Burgess due a rest ? Conlon or even Pope dropped/rested . 

I'd like to see Atkinson and Cullen start just to freshen things up a bit.

With regard to the fiver off, you can't knock the club for trying something but i don't think it will have a huge impact on the crowd. 

Had it been a tenner then maybe so but then we have the age old, ' it's unfair on season ticket holders ' 

Can I have next weeks lottery numbers please??

8 hours ago, toyahw said:

Rant over.

I heard fans at Mansfield describe him as a 'typical black winger'.

However, I really like Amoo and have consistently defended him, but I do think at times he can be slightly laid back in his efforts. He got absolutely rollicked by Gibbons towards the end of the game for being on the half way line when they had an overload on our right. He spent the last 5 minutes walking in the centre halves position.

I think there is an element of truth to what you say, but he also warrants a lot of discussion because he is an exciting player who naturally grabs attention as he is rapid winger. His performances are either superb or anonymous; the rest of our players are fairly consistent, mostly average. Worrall, Burgess, Joyce, Gibbo, Smith, Montano, Legge; they largely give 6.5-7/10 every week. Amoo is often a 8 or a 5. I think he gets so much scrutiny partly due to his fluctuating form.

Fans are fed tropes by Radio Stoke and the imbeciles that sit around them, so a lot of them have fully bought into the 'Amoo is lazy' idea and enjoy kicking off when they see evidence of it. Its like a sport for some of them; who can be first to give a disgruntled moan when Amoo loses the ball.

Archived