onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Leyton Orient

Fosse69

Advert

Enjoyed the game today, some good stuff played by us

Thought Monty was immense today. He seemed livid after the kung fu assault. Pity he had to go off but hopefully nothing too serious

Liked the way Cullen and Amoo linked up.

We do at times build up a little too slowly, Joyce got caught on the ball a few times

Smith had a great game and we need to tie him down to a new deal asap. Likewise Gibbons, that goaline clearance today was superb

If I would have an area to improve I would get a couple of additions in with some pace, easier said than done I realise. We do look a little one paced at times

At the end of the day, we're in league 2, decent players cost money which we haven't got as yet. Build it slowly but certainly things are progressing. Playoffs? Why not!

7 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

No end product?  What about the chance he laid on a plate for Atkinson in the first minute for starters?

Agreed, but he got in several good positions after that were he didn’t make the most of the opening. I’m not criticising him though, it was a cracking goal though and thought he had a decent afternoon overall. 

I was happy to see us keeping possession at the end, less happy when people started moaning so Amoo felt he had to get a cross in which then resulted in them breaking. Game management is still defo something we need to improve upon, hopefully in the next 7 days as I’d love to see us frustrate the hell out of Swindon with time wasting, shirt pulling, niggly fouls etc.

2 hours ago, PVFC764 said:

Birchall saying Pope should have been on and he would have put the ball in the net today.  The question he should have been asked was - if Pope was on, would we have seen this type of play - ie playing it on the ground and getting crosses into the box from the line?

Personally don't think we would have done - it would have been loft the ball into the penalty area from the half way line and then let Pope hold the ball up while the midfield trot up there to help him.  Meanwhile 2 defenders batter Pope and the ref just watches him.

And there we have in a couple of short paragraphs,  the whole logic and justification of why today's  and Cullens selection was spot on. Swathes of how today's build up play would not have happened with the way we play to Pope. As far as missing sitters, well we've done that all season with and without Pope on the field and he's been culpable for a few of them, so no one has any right to say with any certainty that Pope would have scored them. 

BTW Burgess' energy today was superb and was also a MOM contender 

3 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

I was happy to see us keeping possession at the end, less happy when people started moaning so Amoo felt he had to get a cross in which then resulted in them breaking. Game management is still defo something we need to improve upon, hopefully in the next 7 days as I’d love to see us frustrate the hell out of Swindon with time wasting, shirt pulling, niggly fouls etc.

Maybe David Artell has a point with his uneducated remark. I heard similar and cringed. 

Amoo is the 19/20 version of Jennison. For some reason he's the victim of boo boys and constantly criticised. 

Now has 5 goals is it ? 

Today he put two absolute sitters on a plate that were both missed. Instrumental in a few assists recently too. 

He's bound to have off days or he wouldn't be in League 2. 

Lay off him. 

Referee again truly abysmal, gave a decision by Lorne street corner flag from 100 yards away that the liner didn't flag for from 2 yards , and then the attempted decapitation as only a yellow. Completely inept 

1 minute ago, darren1810 said:

Amoo is the 19/20 version of Jennison. For some reason he's the victim of boo boys and constantly criticised. 

Now has 5 goals is it ? 

Today he put two absolute sitters on a plate that were both missed. Instrumental in a few assists recently too. 

He's bound to have off days or he wouldn't be in League 2. 

Lay off him. 

Referee again truly abysmal, gave a decision by Lorne street corner flag from 100 yards away that the liner didn't flag for from 2 yards , and then the attempted decapitation as only a yellow. Completely inept 

Spot on. On course for 7/8 league goals this season and won't be far off 10 assists.

Has flaws but everyone does in this tinpot league.

13 minutes ago, Old fort said:

And there we have in a couple of short paragraphs,  the whole logic and justification of why today's  and Cullens selection was spot on. Swathes of how today's build up play would not have happened with the way we play to Pope. As far as missing sitters, well we've done that all season with and without Pope on the field and he's been culpable for a few of them, so no one has any right to say with any certainty that Pope would have scored them. 

Burgess continues his extraordinary run of two defeats in his twenty appearances; one away at Man City.

For a young lad, unheralded on arrival, most likely on a relative pittance, he's been a very good signing. Great energy, very decent technically, no mistakes and never loses the ball. If we bulk him out a bit he'd be a good player in League 2.

12 minutes ago, Old fort said:

Maybe David Artell has a point with his uneducated remark. I heard similar and cringed. 

I think you have a point about Artell. Obviously we were all seething but then you go to the Vale and you hear the crap that some people come up with.

My personal favourite are the ones who literally combust because Askey hasn’t made 3 substitutions every game.

As for Gibbo, he does his clearing but all the time. He did one vs Morecambe too. Brilliant defending. 

I know Cullen has got a few goals but I think with a decent run in the team, he’s got plenty of goals in him. Not that I’m advocating dropping Popey. Horses for courses through and good that we can mix it up depending on the opposition. Nice selection dilemma for JA.

13 minutes ago, Old fort said:

Birchall said,'Why it is every time Tom doesn't play there is always a lot more crosses going in that he would have buried' Mmmm do you see a pattern developing there Birchy lad???

You sum it up correctly, Cullen was the instigator behind the build up to those crosses which wouldn't have happened without him on the pitch. 

I've been a bit critical of Cullen but he was excellent today. Deserves a run in the side like Pope and Bennett have had.  

4 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Now has 5 goals is it ? 

Lay off him. 

Throw in Constantine as well. It really annoys me, RS go about on about him all the time as well.  Which infects the arm chair fans with the idea he is lazy and useless. He's doing a good job for us.

How much stick does Worrall get? And what did we create on his side? Nothing against Wozza,  but it is double standards.

`

All this 'boo boys' stuff, is really down to a few things (in my view). The players getting stick, are in 2 categories: a) those that have shown what they can do, and we therefor expect more from (ie. Amoo or Gibbons), or b) those that are simply not good enough (ie. Bennett or Lloyd).

Is it constructive? Not at all in either case. But that's how football works! The players doesn't sign or pick themselves to play. But all fans can judge them on, is how they perform in the games. Having said that, they have a very very privileged job, now even with a workspace that caters for their every need. I wish I would get paid to look after myself, having good healthy food served up for free, or even paid to relax/take a nap.

The players fans love regardless, and can look past when having a bad game, are those who grind out solid performances game after game. Those that may not have a good game on the ball, but at least gives us 110% effort every single time. Like Gibbo, Joyce (this season), Worrall to name a few.

1 hour ago, LancyTony said:

There would still have been only enough tickets for ST holders?

Lance, I’m struggling to understand, what you’re saying. If it was one ticket per season ticket and we don’t have 5,000 ST holders how would we have shifted 8,000 tickets, without them going on general sale.?

1 minute ago, Danish Valiant said:

All this 'boo boys' stuff, is really down to a few things (in my view). The players getting stick, are in 2 categories: a) those that have shown what they can do, and we therefor expect more from (ie. Amoo or Gibbons), or b) those that are simply not good enough (ie. Bennett or Lloyd).

Is it constructive? Not at all in either case. But that's how football works! The players doesn't sign or pick themselves to play. But all fans can judge them on, is how they perform in the games. Having said that, they have a very very privileged job, now even with a workspace that caters for their every need. I wish I would get paid to look after myself, having good healthy food served up for free, or even paid to relax/take a nap.

The players fans love regardless, and can look past when having a bad game, are those who grind out solid performances game after game. Those that may not have a good game on the ball, but at least gives us 110% effort every single time. Like Gibbo, Joyce (this season), Worrall to name a few.

I'd agree but Amoo is doing his job, exactly what he was brought in to do. I'd love for him to work hard but if he did he wouldn't be playing for us.

He can stay lazy all he wants if he keeps winning games and securing points for us.

Archived