onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Leyton Orient

Fosse69

Advert

PHEEEWWW in by the skin of our teeth!  Good result for another 3 points, but far too tight again.  Despite all the chances we're creating, we're just not putting them away--seems not to matter whichever combination up front is tried.  However on the plus side another cleen sheet and now only 3 points off seventh position!

Great game to watch but could've gone either way but thankfully it was Amoo's superb strike that won it.

They were dangerous on the attack as they showed at their place, if we had gone to 4-4-2 we could have lost the midfield and got over run in midfield, the result showed JA got it right 

Vale miss Jake Taylor, he provides that little bit of quality.

Need to do the business off the field asap and sign the out of contract players who've been plying regularly, consistency in the playing staff is key, Vale don't want to be looking for 10+ players in the summer.

2 hours ago, LancyTony said:

Not sure of your logic here? We were always going to sell out our allocation; and they were always going to go to season ticket holders - that priority Is one of the perks associated with buying a season ticket? It isn't as if we were at home and trying to get 15k+ supporters in - then, maybe, offering vouchers for cut-price tickets would have increased the gates for the games at which they were offered? But we couldn't sell any more than we were allocated for the City game!

I’d have taken the season tickets holders allocation down to one ticket. I’m a season ticket holder but knew I couldn’t make it when the draw was made, so I didn’t buy a ticket. I have heard from a reliable source that no records were made on a season tickets being used to purchase tickets. This meant that some unscrupulous ST holders had more than their allocated two tickets.

11 minutes ago, Vale fan in Alsager said:

A deserved win by the stats  as the hour I missed we look like we were the better side .

UTV 

Just about.  Smithy MOTM 😉. It was an entertaining game.

Monty was pulled back/down by his shirt twice for the non-penalty. Why was Doha's screen grab removed?

The Cullen one on one was not offside by a yard.

Really pleased Amoo scored the winner, he gets undeserved stick for me. 

They don't make it easy for us do they? Another set of finger nails gone. But our season lives on. UTV.

Hopefully Cullen has proven any doubters wrong as to whether he can play up top on his own. I thought he was excellent in his movement and hold up play. Also put in a few lovely crosses.

Much better football as a team today. Amoo had the beating of their RB in the first half but seemed to lose confidence in the second.

Hopefully monty not injured too badly. For once he didn't seem to want to come off after a bad challenge!

We deserved it today on the balance of play. If that chance in the first couple of minutes had fallen to taylor I've no doubt it would have been put away.

UTV

A good performance and a good response to Tuesday.

The changes were spot on; Cullen was excellent in his link up play, dropping deep to play passes out wide. He ran the channels, worked hard, and should have scored. Atkinson's distribution was erratic but his energy and drive offered more than Conlon.

Amoo does it again; he was slightly fortunate to be playing against a winger at left back but he had the beating of him all first half and put in some excellent balls, especially one which Atkinson should have converted. His finish for the goal was excellent.

Assist against Cheltenham in the cup, assist against Cheltenham in the League, assist against Mansfield, goal against Macclesfield, assist against Man City, goal today. That's all since the end of November. The criticism of a League 2 winger who consistently scores or creates because he doesn't like 50/50s and can be lazy is utterly baffling. He's a winger most sides would happily have in this league. Criticise him all you want, but he's scoring and creating. Should have had 1/2 assists first half if finishing was better.

Smith at his consistent best and Brown made 2/3 good saves.

Keeps us in the hunt ahead of hopefully 3 additions in the coming fortnight.

I thought Cullen was very good and linked up play very well. I do think however that because he does come deep to link up play with the wide men (to great effect in the first half) then we’re short of numbers in the box for when the cross comes in. I’d be inclined to move Wozza into midfield while Taylor’s out and give Browne a run, especially if we are going to use Cullen as the lone man again. 

Archived