onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Leyton Orient

Fosse69

19 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

Who’d be the manager of a football team?Absolutely loads of ppl that’s why when there is a vacation they’re over subscribed with applications. If you are a failure in the role then you get the sack and your contract gets paid. There are only a few elite jobs where this happens, none that I’ve ever had or ppl I know have ever had. There’s always plenty of normal jobs out there, so being a football manager IMO is life on cushy street.

Should say vacancy, sorry

Advert

8 hours ago, Playa Amodores said:

I’d like to think that the £15 ticket might work but can’t see it myself, please prove me wrong. I believe this is a stunt by Mr Garlick trying to cover his back for not issuing vouchers at our home games against Walsall and Cheltenham to prioritise the MCFC games. This must have cost the club quite a few thousand pounds.There could have been a promotional ticket for the home game against Swindon if purchased before Christmas.

Should the club do away with the ten game ticket.? Instead a 13 game priced at £18 a game £234 or 15 game ticket priced at £16 a game £240. Adult tickets only, just a thought. I have to accept that PVFC have a business model and the above might not be conducive to the plan.

No need to do away with the 10 game ticket,and the prices you suggest for a 15 game ticket  ar’nt far off the full season ticket prices so don’t think there would be many takers.

2 hours ago, Conrad said:

No need to do away with the 10 game ticket,and the prices you suggest for a 15 game ticket  ar’nt far off the full season ticket prices so don’t think there would be many takers.

Thank you for your reply, I just thought I’d get other ppls opinions. Most ten game tickets have now been used and unless you go in the week £20, ticket will be £22, this might deter ppl from going. Just thought I’d offer an idea to get ppl through the gate as we enter the second half of our home games. So instead of purchasing the 15 game ticket fans might think, I’ll take a season ticket.
It might not work as the club are looking at alternative payment methods for season tickets which everyone must agree is a positive move for the fans and should be applauded. 

11 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

Thank you for your reply, I just thought I’d get other ppls opinions. Most ten game tickets have now been used and unless you go in the week £20, ticket will be £22, this might deter ppl from going. Just thought I’d offer an idea to get ppl through the gate as we enter the second half of our home games. So instead of purchasing the 15 game ticket fans might think, I’ll take a season ticket.
It might not work as the club are looking at alternative payment methods for season tickets which everyone must agree is a positive move for the fans and should be applauded. 

Agree with the last paragraph, the new monthly payment scheme will be very helpful for those who can’t afford to shell out the cost of a st. In one go.

maybe a bigger uptake in season tickets and less 10 gamers is on the cards.

On 16/01/2020 at 16:20, Phil said:

That would give me nightmares!

The Smith ,Legge partnership is the strength of our team.

Askey will play Groundhog Day with Pope up front on his own.

Leyton Orient will have done their homework and put two big Centre halves on Pope and this allows them to overload the midfield stopping the crosses coming in.

Just think where we would have been with two up front pressurising  their defence and giving their defenders something to worry about.

I still can’t believe we have a proven goal scorer like Cullen sitting on the bench and not playing alongside Pope.

45 minutes ago, Erniemossrules said:

The Smith ,Legge partnership is the strength of our team.

Askey will play Groundhog Day with Pope up front on his own.

Leyton Orient will have done their homework and put two big Centre halves on Pope and this allows them to overload the midfield stopping the crosses coming in.

Just think where we would have been with two up front pressurising  their defence and giving their defenders something to worry about.

I still can’t believe we have a proven goal scorer like Cullen sitting on the bench and not playing alongside Pope.

or maybe not 

Looks like Cullen is the only striker up front, so hope he's prepared to get some battering off the 2 defenders marking him out of the game, which is what happens to Pope when he plays by himself.

Just hope some of the players turn up today and actually want to win.  Come on Vale, the fans have not given up on you and feel we could make the play offs.  The team has shown they can play and play with some style when all the players turn up and show some fight.

15 hours ago, Playa Amodores said:

I’d like to think that the £15 ticket might work but can’t see it myself, please prove me wrong. I believe this is a stunt by Mr Garlick trying to cover his back for not issuing vouchers at our home games against Walsall and Cheltenham to prioritise the MCFC games.

Not sure of your logic here? We were always going to sell out our allocation; and they were always going to go to season ticket holders - that priority Is one of the perks associated with buying a season ticket? It isn't as if we were at home and trying to get 15k+ supporters in - then, maybe, offering vouchers for cut-price tickets would have increased the gates for the games at which they were offered? But we couldn't sell any more than we were allocated for the City game!

Archived