onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Leyton Orient

Fosse69

1 hour ago, Vale fan in Alsager said:

Prejudice there is no prejudice towards any player at Vale from me .

Smiths done very well this season I never said he had not .

Im a bit daft yeah admittedly but there’s no malice in me .

I hardly go as have a life but like to hear we doing well ,being the odd game about 6 and they have performed well in them (probably down to my encouragement mainly ).

UTV 

Sorry if my remark was offensive - it was intended as a joke but failed miserably.  I was just surprised that your missus was able to reach conclusions about Smith on such flimsy evidence.

Advert

Mrs TW thought Gibbo was MOTM, because he's small. Ms TW gave it to Monty, because he has his own style. Jnr gave it to Smithy, but changed his mind to Pope, because he's got Pope on the back of his shirt, I've got Smithy.

All opinions innit?

But Smithy for me is a very very tidy player. Consistent, no fuss. Did you mention to the good lady VFIA that he was up against Aguero?

VFIA's heart is in the right place. But yeah, he has a Ernie-esque  blind spot with Smithy. 

39 minutes ago, Vale fan in Alsager said:

It’s ok I’m not easily offended I usually laugh along anyway .

My gf daughter went school with Nathan so it was not meant that he was crap as he obviously is not and I’m hoping Vale will get a offer for him in the window cause that will prove he is having a fine season which he is .

I have said things about him before and I do regret those comments somewhat just at the time it’s hard for me get me  head around if you support your biggest rivals and play for the team majority of there support can not stand .

Anyway we have to trust him to wanna be great for Vale and he is being so that’s forgotten about .

Anyway it’s a massive game sat and I hope the fans back the fiver off cause if you want lower prices then if you do not attend when it’s a reasonable price you ain’t ever going attend .

Five tickets I got for the etihad the other week for 40 quid that’s the way go .

A family ticket the way go .

You are a very loveable nutter VFiA.

No idea what side we should go with tomorrow. Is everyone sufficiently rested from Tuesday? Were there any injury niggles? I’m not convinced we can play Joyce and Conlon together. But maybe the fact Taylor is out means our hands are tied and with Conlon being left footed it does add some balance. But personally I think I’d go with Atkinson and Burgess in the midfield with Joyce. 

10 minutes ago, philmpv said:

Bizarre 'us poor players' whinge in the Sentinel from Tom this evening, stating that it's 'not fair' to criticise the players for losing at Morecambe, whilst in the same article admitting 'we weren't brilliant' and 'should have been better'! 

Probably feels the needs to explain some of the reasons about why it’s not as simple as turning up, playing whilst the opposition rollover and have their bellies ticked as we win every week. Which is exactly what some of our fans seem to think should happen at every game. The abuse some of them were getting even before they scored was way over the top. 

17 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Probably feels the needs to explain some of the reasons about why it’s not as simple as turning up, playing whilst the opposition rollover and have their bellies ticked as we win every week. Which is exactly what some of our fans seem to think should happen at every game. The abuse some of them were getting even before they scored was way over the top. 

I was unable to go due to work but went to Stevenage.

The last line of your post interests me, i have no reason to doubt any of what you say as like i say i wasn't there. But are you saying in the 6 minutes prior to Morecambe opening the scoring our own fans were giving the players grief? 

24 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Yes but some of his comments were laughable. I think 'we weren't brilliant' is putting it mildly!

"We had the wind against us", "one goal was an own goal and the other 'looked' offside". He then puts the all important caveat in 'no excuses'. You've just made three.

Some fans at games are bad for stick though, I agree; a group at Mansfield gave Amoo vile abuse for an hour before he set up Smith's goal.

I think fans just expected more battle and we looked profoundly off the pace for an hour against a team with 4 wins, and led to disappointment. I don't think anyone has properly 'slated' the players, simply pointed out Tuesday wasn't very good.

2 hours ago, darren1810 said:

I was unable to go due to work but went to Stevenage.

The last line of your post interests me, i have no reason to doubt any of what you say as like i say i wasn't there. But are you saying in the 6 minutes prior to Morecambe opening the scoring our own fans were giving the players grief? 

100% they were giving them stick as soon as we started trying to play from the back (because that’s what we were restricted to), Joyce and Legge especially were getting it. Talk about impatient. 

59 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

100% they were giving them stick as soon as we started trying to play from the back (because that’s what we were restricted to), Joyce and Legge especially were getting it. Talk about impatient. 

That's true.  We couldn't just launch it because we were playing against a very strong wind but that appeared to be what some fans wanted.  Some were screaming at Amoo throughout the game and were shouting for Browne - that's Browne who had his worst game in a Vale shirt at Salford when he played instead of Amoo.   And the ironic shouts of olé when we kept possession in the second half were pathetic.

Conlon has not been great this season and what confuses me is that he's capable of much better,  but for some reason is not playing anywhere near his potential. Conlon can drive forward with the ball and has the capability of producing a decent shot,  but we've not had a sniff of that from him this season. 

Is it the role that he's been asked to play, or has his confidence suffered in some way, because he's certainly not endearing himself to a lot of folks with current performances?  He's not a disaster, but should be upping his levels and having a much greater influence on that midfield in the way that we've seen from him in the past, but sadly, not enough this season. 

On 16/01/2020 at 15:15, philmpv said:

JA is doing a grand job on a lower budget than last season, with largely the same tools at his disposal. To put it in some context, if NA had remained in charge, I've next to no doubt that we would be fighting at the bottom again, lumping it up to Pope week in week out, not scoring, and conceding left right and centre despite being set up not to concede. The issues caused by the previous regime and managers cannot be sorted overnight, as some on here expect, and all realistic fans are pleasantly surprised with our league position and performances generally. There will always be games during the course of a season where, for whatever reasons, the players don't perform, either collectively or individually, but to lay the blame for that solely at the door of the manager is indicative of today's blame game culture. Sir Alex once presided over a United team who were beaten 6.1 by City. Do individual results make a man or a season? No, of course they don't. JA is in a no win situation really. If he changes it, and we lose, it's his fault (particularly so if we get battered). If he changes it and we win, accusations that he should have done it sooner will be made. Then we lose the next game playing the change of system, And lose. It's JA's fault. And repeat umpteen times. Who'd be a football manager in this day and age!

Who’d be the manager of a football team?Absolutely loads of ppl that’s why when there is a vacation they’re over subscribed with applications. If you are a failure in the role then you get the sack and your contract gets paid. There are only a few elite jobs where this happens, none that I’ve ever had or ppl I know have ever had. There’s always plenty of normal jobs out there, so being a football manager IMO is life on cushy street.

I’d like to think that the £15 ticket might work but can’t see it myself, please prove me wrong. I believe this is a stunt by Mr Garlick trying to cover his back for not issuing vouchers at our home games against Walsall and Cheltenham to prioritise the MCFC games. This must have cost the club quite a few thousand pounds.There could have been a promotional ticket for the home game against Swindon if purchased before Christmas.

Should the club do away with the ten game ticket.? Instead a 13 game priced at £18 a game £234 or 15 game ticket priced at £16 a game £240. Adult tickets only, just a thought. I have to accept that PVFC have a business model and the above might not be conducive to the plan.

Archived