onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Leyton Orient

Fosse69

£5 off deal, but will the gate improve, Etihad buzz still about? Can we expect a good performance playing at home after 4 away games? Finally shake off the cup hang-over? Rise to the challenge of playing a lowly side? Alternative to Pope as a starting striker to save his legs? Lots of questions after the last 3 games.  Steady progress to the end of the season looking upwards instead of down, lots to talk about in the stands since the last home game. Hopeful of a new face and a win.

Advert

Still haunted by the last gasp goal away to these where it felt like we'd lost. 

These have had a poor season , unsurprising after the tragedy of Edinburgh passing away. Surely go for the throat from the off, be nice to get a really convincing win but a scrappy 1-0 will do just as well. Surely this is the time to ring the changes, nothing stupid but maybe up to three.

Is Burgess due a rest ? Conlon or even Pope dropped/rested . 

I'd like to see Atkinson and Cullen start just to freshen things up a bit.

With regard to the fiver off, you can't knock the club for trying something but i don't think it will have a huge impact on the crowd. 

Had it been a tenner then maybe so but then we have the age old, ' it's unfair on season ticket holders ' 

14 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Had it been a tenner then maybe so but then we have the age old, ' it's unfair on season ticket holders ' 

As a long standing Season Ticket holder, I think the club should make 2 or 3 offers per season to try to attract more supporters who may return after an absence. I think it would also help, in a very small way, those regulars who pay on the gate and were unable to get a ticket to the Etihad. Anything to get more fans in the ground should be seen as a good thing and unless it penalises ST holders in any way should not be seen as unfair.

With the squad we've got there isn't a great deal we can do to rotate the pack. However, after the shambles at Morecambe I would make a couple of changes.  

Brown

Gibbons  Legge  Smith  Monty

Joyce

Worrall              Burgess

Amoo      Bennett    Browne

I think Conlon has been poor since he came back into the team, so I would try Worrall again in midfield. Gives us a bit of energy in there at least.  

I would try and inject more pace into the front 3, so for that reason I'd bring in Browne and Bennett. Neither probably deserve a start, but who else is there?  

Hopefully we can put in a much better performance at home and pick up 3 points, then bring in a new face or 2 before the Swindon game to give us a bit of momentum for the remainder of the season.  

18 minutes ago, Vale fan in Alsager said:

Be interesting see how many have took up the offer before the Morecambe game because they will struggle shift any after it .

Team well freshen it up try something different like 3 at the back I’m sure Brisley alongside Legge and Crookes would be fab .

Five in midfield with two players who can run stretching the back whatever of Leyton Orient so no Conlon ,from the centre with Amoo and Browne on the flanks switching over if unfed ,I’d have Worrall and Burgess bombing on all game with Joyce doing his usual job then Pope /Cullen up front .

A rest for Smith as I’d like see Vale without him .

I can see a crowd of about 4500 that’s all we have not progressed since the excellent display v Swindon and the Man City great defensive display .

We are conceding goals left right and centre it’s time for change but is mr I play the same way got any imagination we will see well I will not as I'm going away for the weekend down Somerset in a pod 

UTV 

" mr I play the same way " as you ignorantly put it, has got us into a higher league position than we have had for years,delivered us a cracking FA Cup game,delivered better results at Vale Park than we've seen for ages,given us an outside chance of the play offs (Who would have thought that this time last year ) and yet you still moan........Give it a rest.

30 minutes ago, Vale fan in Alsager said:

Be interesting see how many have took up the offer before the Morecambe game because they will struggle shift any after it .

Team well freshen it up try something different like 3 at the back I’m sure Brisley alongside Legge and Crookes would be fab .

Five in midfield with two players who can run stretching the back whatever of Leyton Orient so no Conlon ,from the centre with Amoo and Browne on the flanks switching over if unfed ,I’d have Worrall and Burgess bombing on all game with Joyce doing his usual job then Pope /Cullen up front .

I can see a crowd of about 4500 that’s all we have not progressed since the excellent display v Swindon and the Man City great defensive display .

We are conceding goals left right and centre it’s time for change but is mr I play the same way got any imagination we will see well I will not as I'm going away for the weekend down Somerset in a pod 

UTV 

JA is doing a grand job on a lower budget than last season, with largely the same tools at his disposal. To put it in some context, if NA had remained in charge, I've next to no doubt that we would be fighting at the bottom again, lumping it up to Pope week in week out, not scoring, and conceding left right and centre despite being set up not to concede. The issues caused by the previous regime and managers cannot be sorted overnight, as some on here expect, and all realistic fans are pleasantly surprised with our league position and performances generally. There will always be games during the course of a season where, for whatever reasons, the players don't perform, either collectively or individually, but to lay the blame for that solely at the door of the manager is indicative of today's blame game culture. Sir Alex once presided over a United team who were beaten 6.1 by City. Do individual results make a man or a season? No, of course they don't. JA is in a no win situation really. If he changes it, and we lose, it's his fault (particularly so if we get battered). If he changes it and we win, accusations that he should have done it sooner will be made. Then we lose the next game playing the change of system, And lose. It's JA's fault. And repeat umpteen times. Who'd be a football manager in this day and age!

43 minutes ago, philmpv said:

JA is doing a grand job on a lower budget than last season, with largely the same tools at his disposal. To put it in some context, if NA had remained in charge, I've next to no doubt that we would be fighting at the bottom again, lumping it up to Pope week in week out, not scoring, and conceding left right and centre despite being set up not to concede. The issues caused by the previous regime and managers cannot be sorted overnight, as some on here expect, and all realistic fans are pleasantly surprised with our league position and performances generally. There will always be games during the course of a season where, for whatever reasons, the players don't perform, either collectively or individually, but to lay the blame for that solely at the door of the manager is indicative of today's blame game culture. Sir Alex once presided over a United team who were beaten 6.1 by City. Do individual results make a man or a season? No, of course they don't. JA is in a no win situation really. If he changes it, and we lose, it's his fault (particularly so if we get battered). If he changes it and we win, accusations that he should have done it sooner will be made. Then we lose the next game playing the change of system, And lose. It's JA's fault. And repeat umpteen times. Who'd be a football manager in this day and age!

More importantly in my opinion who'd own a football club ?

1 hour ago, Vale fan in Alsager said:

UTV 

That would give me nightmares!

2 hours ago, Vale fan in Alsager said:

And leave out the bloke who has, in my opinion, been player of the season so far????

Archived