Match Thread: Morecambe v Port Vale

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For those struggling: season - good tonight - really, really bad

Can anyone let me know if the players will still be tired on Saturday so I can plan ahead.

Worrall has the highest number of successful crosses in the league and is one of the top assisters, so he is, by definition, a prolific crosser of the ball. I'm sorry mate but Taylor has 7 goals

Posted Images

1 minute ago, inner sanctum said:

We've had our little moment. It's all faded away now. Another defeat against lowly opposition. It's something we are so good at.

I find it so difficult to understand how we can hold our own against Man City yet struggle against the two worst teams in the entire Football League (and yes I know we eventually won on Saturday).

• Like 1

Biddulph_PV.  Same here.  Some of the players don't seem interested or just can't motivate themselves to play teams below us by the looks of it.  

Or is it the formation JA and Co use.  The teams know we can only play that way now and put 2 people on Pope - take him out of the game and our other players don't know what else to do with the ball, so fall back in to our half..  

Edited by PVFC764

5 minutes ago, osprey said:

Go away

Askey is ideal manager for us

Another one added to the ignore list. Sounded poor but this is what we expected this season. Top 10 with some good and some very bad results. 

• Like 3

Watched it on ifollow and there were times they were just not allowing Vale to play and they went to sleep.

Biddulph_PV.  Same here.  Some of the players don't seem interested or just can't motivate themselves to play teams below us by the looks of it.  
Or is it the formation JA and Co use.  The teams know we can only play that way now and put 2 people on Pope - take him out of the game and our other players don't know what else to do with the ball, so fall back in to our half..  

Play off's next season may be 🤣

Will take 10th this season and build on it over the summer.  But would love us to click and get into the play offs.  Do I think it will happen - no as we don't have the players that can get us there - at the moment.

• Like 1

Got what we deserved, nothing. Gibbo tried to drag us back into it. Sproson just saying we should have been 3-0 down , we were dead and buried. Poor fair 67 mins before we had a strike on goal against 2nd from bottom Morecambe. He said play offs you are having a laugh. Only Brown, smith and Gibbo  come out of the game with any credit.

• Like 1

Never really recovered after the calamitous start, although we did improve second half.  We don’t seem to have the energy throughout the team in these last few league games and we’re still short on a bit of quality in attack.

We were bad on Saturday and were let out of jail.

We were worse tonight and were punished.

Squads needs investment and re-energising; elders like Legge and Joyce looked knackered. There's no guarantee they perform at the same level next season.

Credit to Morecambe; played some good stuff and looked the better side, enabled by us looking lethargic, error prone, and frankly very bad.

Our stats are on the nose dive, and we have 2 wins in 9. I can't see us cracking top 7 at all, but we need to start thinking now about next season.

Must get down there early in the morning to get a ticket for the Leyton Orient game. They'll be queueing up Hamil road by opening time. Great result tonight, this will really entice the occasional fans - not!

1 minute ago, mikey said:

That is so disappointing. Please don't anyone mention the play offs

I think we can forget those.

We basically have 10 players we can rely plus Taylor. The rest can go for me, not taken their chances, simple as. 

We desperately need a striker, plus another energetic midfielder.