Match Thread: Morecambe v Port Vale

Thank god Scott Brown is actually the only Vale player playing at his best.  Without him we would have been 5-6 down.

Have we gone 4-4-2 now - or still trying to play 4-3-3 and hoof ball.

Feel sorry for the poor Vale fans who have travelled to this game.  Have a safe journey home.

Edited by PVFC764
  • Like 1

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For those struggling: season - good tonight - really, really bad

Can anyone let me know if the players will still be tired on Saturday so I can plan ahead.

I'm seeing a lot of people inventing other fans calling for Askey's head. People are criticising Askey for last night; probably rightly. I still think he's a good coach. I'm yet to see

Posted Images

It's hard to think we could have been weaker, but yes it seems that way.  Looks like its still 4-3-3. 

Bring Amoo off and bring on Cullen -  Amoo just does not seem like he is interested - is he carrying an injury or just not bothered?

• Like 1

Have we just had 2 shots at goal or have I fell a sleep and dreaming.

Cullen getting ready to come on by the sounds of it.

Pope coming off.  Well that is it - JA and Co have gone for the loss then.

Edited by PVFC764

4 minutes ago, Aguar61 said:

WE NEED A LEAGUE EXPERIENCED MANAGER,but we've got cheap and bland for another 2 seasons.

Calm down fella. I’m far from convinced but perspective is we are currently over achieving. This season was always going to be like this. 

Edited by dantheman
  • Like 1

Just now, soothsayer said:

It’s a theme that we put in a dreadful performance every 9-10 games. Grimsby, Macclesfield, Morecambe........

It that we are dreadful for 9-10 games and then have a good game?  😉

We have always been dreadful against teams on a bad run.  Don't know why, but it has been like that for the last couple of years.

For all the stick he gets I still think we played better football when Bennett was starting, much higher up the pitch, a lot more closing down. Pope coming on against tired defenders, seemed to work. Pope had to start after the hat-trick no question and granted Bennett hadn't scored for a few games but all strikers go through that in the season. I like all three of Pope, Bennett and Cullen and I wouldn't say based on this season that any one of them is any better than the other two.

If anybody can be arsed with the stats I would be interested to see how we got on before and after Bennett was dropped

• Like 1