onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Morecambe v Port Vale

Fosse69

13 minutes ago, Mario said:

Team at the bottom beats mid table side at home shocker,you would think it was the first time it's ever happened.

Manner of the defeat mate. We were properly dog for a good hour before the subs. They had lads signed from Ashton United and West Didsbury + Chorlton taking the mickey, playing one touch football and zipping it across a horrendous pitch. That was their 5th win in 27.

Advert

11 minutes ago, Woakesy said:

Couldn’t disagree more. Their player was in line with the ball when it was played. The fact that Legge was a million miles away may have made it look offside but it wasn’t.

Well I’ve seen a freeze frame of the moment the ball was played and he is offside. It may have looked offside because it was!

43 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

We got promoted recently but poor ownership got us relegated again. Don't take it out on our new owners who are trying to undo the damage.

No, of course not - that was not my intention. I'm saying that changing the culture at the club is the biggest challenge they face and they will know it only too well after these last two games. Their business success shows that they know how to win, how to inculcate a winning culture, and how to instill the confidence that makes people feel and act like winners. In short, a winning mentality.

I am confident they will get it right!

55 minutes ago, Joe B said:

To reiterate; still a good season. Just a whole lot of work to do.

Totally agree, but tonight was the first time I've seen us looking "entitled" like we just had to turn up to win. It does not work that way in L2. You have to scrap for everything to get anything. Regardless of who you play.

I have been saying it all season that John Askey is too negative. He plays Pope isolated up front on his own with the midfield about 25 yards behind him. It is clear that the only way to play is with a second striker up front with Pope and as Bennett doesn't look capable it's either Cullen or the need to bring a new partner in to give us more bite. Expecting Pope with very little decent service to battle against two and three defenders plus refs that never give a free kick in Tom's favour gives him little chance of scoring like we know that he can.

I'm sorry to say it but the manager isn't helping us. All this talk about us playing 4 3 3 is rubbish because in reality he only plays 1 man up front and is the reason why we consistently struggle to beat teams who are solid at the back like the ones near to the bottom of the league who defend like their lives depend upon it!.

22 minutes ago, Santa said:

Why does it always feel like Scott Brown gets sent out to face the media whenever things go badly? 

Who knows Santa? Just watched Scott's post match interview. He spoke well and called it straight.

Still, after being one step away from relegation from the football league - no thanks to NS - our current position of 10th/38 points is consistent with expectations of rebuilding with an eye on promotion to L1 in 20/21.

4 minutes ago, Aussie Rules said:

Who knows Santa? Just watched Scott's post match interview. He spoke well and called it straight.

Still, after being one step away from relegation from the football league - no thanks to NS - our current position of 10th/38 points is consistent with expectations of rebuilding with an eye on promotion to L1 in 20/21.

That wont go down well with some on here, too many want heads on stakes at every setback.

1 hour ago, old sage said:

I have been saying it all season that John Askey is too negative. He plays Pope isolated up front on his own with the midfield about 25 yards behind him. It is clear that the only way to play is with a second striker up front with Pope and as Bennett doesn't look capable it's either Cullen or the need to bring a new partner in to give us more bite. Expecting Pope with very little decent service to battle against two and three defenders plus refs that never give a free kick in Tom's favour gives him little chance of scoring like we know that he can.

I'm sorry to say it but the manager isn't helping us. All this talk about us playing 4 3 3 is rubbish because in reality he only plays 1 man up front and is the reason why we consistently struggle to beat teams who are solid at the back like the ones near to the bottom of the league who defend like their lives depend upon it!.

Spot on my friend ....

Frustrating result but it's the bigger picture that is important, I'm much more comfortable where Vale are this season compared to the last two.

Sometimes gotta hand it to the opposition, Morecambe played some decent stuff especially 1st half and their new manager has recently signed a couple of good players in Phillips and Diagouraga, Mendes Gomes also looked useful to, typical Vale to play them when all 3 shine.

Archived