onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Morecambe v Port Vale

Fosse69

10 minutes ago, CambridgeDon said:

Yes, and if someone does not address this endemic inconsistency, we will be where we are now, in the fourth tier, for a long time. That is the biggest challenge facing the club. If we want to go up, we have to change.

We got promoted recently but poor ownership got us relegated again. Don't take it out on our new owners who are trying to undo the damage.

Advert

1 hour ago, PVFC764 said:

How did Joyce get himself off side - he was even looking across the line.

Come on Vale.  Would take a point after the start/most of the game we were just not in the game.

Joyce wasn’t offside. That liner hadn’t got a bloody clue all game. 

1 hour ago, PVFC764 said:

Amoo had a shot and hit the corner flag.  

Shocking night and feel so sorry for the Vale fans who have been let down by the players.

5 minutes to steal a point.

He also had the header which brought the best save of the night from their keeper. 

3 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Brown Gibbons Smith Worrall Taylor ( if signed ) Joyce .

Brown  Smith for sure

Worrall not a massive fan. I dont think he scores or creates enough to get us promotion. Certainly in for effort and performance so far.

Gibbons this season so far has impressed at times but always fear he has a bad spell around the corner.

Joyce certainly needs competition for his one place

Taylor yes but not for silly money and 100K to me would be silly money and too much of a gamble for us.

Pope has one more season but we have to have crosses going into the box and he will score goals

After that we need several first team players and not squad players

3 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Joyce wasn’t offside. That liner hadn’t got a bloody clue all game. 

I watched on I follow. He only put up his flag AFTER their defenders appealed. He looked well onside. Like their second goal their player appeared to be way off either that or he was Billy Whizz

10 minutes ago, MBE said:

Good question. For me only 3 maybe 4 however we do have 11 players, if motivated to play against top 10 teams have shown all season they are good enough to get us in the play offs. If only we could just play the top 6 until the end of the season!

That is down to mentality and wanting to do it on the day. This league is full of it. Want to put a performance in on the day and you can win any game. We do it, but not often enough.

Its not young players with little experience, its not skill or no skill, its palin and simple do we want it today and dont worry lads we will beat these easy today

He also had the header which brought the best save of the night from their keeper. 

Yes true
But he doesn’t seem to want to take the full back on, takes the option of knocking it back to Gibbons too often I think rather than backing himself. Maybe a confidence thing

Sometimes we have to just take a step back before posting .

Over the past few days I've read that Ironside is the natural successor to Pope.

Vassell and McCourt are worth signing and the latest offering is Leitch-Smith is better than Cullen and Bennett. 

If nothing else it gives me a good belly laugh when I come on here 

20 minutes ago, Joe B said:

This is the correct take.

A lot of people arguing 'remember where we were last year, we've had a good season, moaners out in force' etc etc

All that has nothing to do with the fact we've been awful against two sides with, prior to these 2 games, 6 wins in 50, and home attendances at or below 2,000, less than half of our guaranteed gate through STs.

Fans are rightly aggrieved. We could have been a win off the automatic promotion spots tonight.

That doesn't negate fans being pleased with a decent season. They aren't mutually exclusive.

I've been an advocate of patience and optimism but it is plain and obvious this squad needs refreshing; vast swathes are out of contract and several are ageing and will very soon decline.

To reiterate; still a good season. Just a whole lot of work to do.

Team at the bottom beats mid table side at home shocker,you would think it was the first time it's ever happened.

2 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

The second goal was a yard offside. Liner nowhere near up with play. Right in front of us. We will have the gale with us second half. Let’s hope we make some use of it. 

Couldn’t disagree more. Their player was in line with the ball when it was played. The fact that Legge was a million miles away may have made it look offside but it wasn’t.

Squad needs refreshing as it simply cant be good enough as JA doesn't make substitutions or change the team. He has his first 11 and they have played the vast majority of games. Joyce must be knackered.

He either needs to put some of the fringe players in or ship some out. We don't have anyone who come on and changes the game.....actually generally we dont have anyone coming on at all.

We definitely need a striker. Loan out Archer. The last time Bennett played at home he was awful and lazy and Cullen appears to work better if supported by someone else. Pope has scored one in the league since October.

1 or 2 quality players should make a big difference. If that's not happening lets try something a bit different during a game.

That first half performance was as bad as I’ve seen from Vale in many years.

Slow, ponderous with zero movement. It was like a session of walking football with less pace!

Second half was better but still not good enough after gifting Morecambe two goals.

Fair play to Morecambe. Their deliveries into the box caused us problems all night. 

Of our lads, Smith was my motm. Legge looked 84 rather than 34. Conlon took 10 touches when 2 should have done. Burgess looked lost and Amoo looked scared to play facing their goal.

Special mention to Morecambe fans who had some bizarre yet great songs.

Archived