Vital Spark

Pope tweets under investigation by FA

On 08/01/2020 at 08:25, STUNG said:

the endgame here is for tom to end up on i'm a celebrity , the timing is perfect .

Funny that mate, cos I said pretty much the same thing to my wife regarding the John Stones tweets, given the national exposure it got. Could be Tom carving out a nice little celebrity career out for himself after football😁

When Tom gets suspended for a spell I'm not sure we have anyone coming off the bench so perhaps a trip into the loan market is needed

The pope’s going to say mass tomorrow. Don’t press me on my source for this you’re just going to have to believe me and marvel at my amazing network of connections when it happens.

39 minutes ago, Valiant62 said:

The pope’s going to say mass tomorrow. Don’t press me on my source for this you’re just going to have to believe me and marvel at my amazing network of connections when it happens.

In the Sneyd Arms?

• Haha 1

On 07/01/2020 at 16:32, pvfc_loyal said:

the most disappointing thing for me isn't the fact he tweeted it, I believe Popey is genuinely thick enough not to know the historical connotations

but the fact there are those on this forum defending him, either through sheer blind faith, or through a lack of intelligence of their own

You mean the historical connotations regarding the Rothschlds being a successful family who are one of the richest familes in the world thanks to their own hard work?

If you see something else in his tweet then that's your problem. I don't, and I'm sure TP didn't.

And as for your remark about Vale fans having a lack of intelligence , then I am offended at this.

Now, how does it feel to be accused of offending when maybe, just maybe, you didn't intend to cause offense?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jimbo57 said:

You mean the historical connotations regarding the Rothschlds being a successful family who are one of the richest familes in the world thanks to their own hard work?

If you see something else in his tweet then that's your problem. I don't, and I'm sure TP didn't.

And as for your remark about Vale fans having a lack of intelligence , then I am offended at this.

Now, how does it feel to be accused of offending when maybe, just maybe, you didn't intend to cause offense?

Come on now; you know that there is an age-old anti-Semitic trope which espouses that Jewish-owned banks exert nefarious influence on the globe's dealings.

Pope said they will 'own all the banks', implying some sort of conspiracy/monopoly, which is very different to saying 'they are rich and work hard', and you know it.

The argument is that Pope probably isn't well-read enough to understand the anti-Semitism behind this; he's probably heard 'The Rothschilds control the banks' somewhere and, without understanding they're Jewish or the specific anti-Semitic nature of this message, has, bizarrely, decided to regurgitate it at 3am on a Sunday morning, most likely after a beer or two.

Unfortunately, if you're going to make comments on social media, you're going to be held accountable; Pope made a comment which is anti-Semitic, without him himself intending to be anti-Semitic. If you didn't know Pope has a history of making slightly misinformed comments on social media, you would assume he's being anti-Semitic, as implying that a Jewish family 'own all the banks' is anti-Semitic. Thankfully, he can plead ignorance.

I'd have more sympathy for the bloke if he hadn't been in hot water before regarding his ignorance, forthright/controversial opinions, and downright belligerence on social media.

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

If Pope gets a ban will he have his wages docked and what will his missus say if he does??

Probably as much as she does when he's suggested things he's done to people's mums when he replies on Twitter to them. 

Nothing

Edited by darren1810
Additional text
  • Haha 1

Leon Legge is today tweeting saying he doesn’t understand the point of the monarchy and we should bin them off. 

any potential ban looming?

afterall, that’s also making derogatory comments about a rich family that have had numerous conspiracy theories said about them. 

(I’m joking. Of course he doesn’t deserve a ban and neither should Pope IMO)

1 hour ago, Joe B said:

Come on now; you know that there is an age-old anti-Semitic trope which espouses that Jewish-owned banks exert nefarious influence on the globe's dealings.

Pope said they will 'own all the banks', implying some sort of conspiracy/monopoly, which is very different to saying 'they are rich and work hard', and you know it.

The argument is that Pope probably isn't well-read enough to understand the anti-Semitism behind this; he's probably heard 'The Rothschilds control the banks' somewhere and, without understanding they're Jewish or the specific anti-Semitic nature of this message, has, bizarrely, decided to regurgitate it at 3am on a Sunday morning, most likely after a beer or two.

Unfortunately, if you're going to make comments on social media, you're going to be held accountable; Pope made a comment which is anti-Semitic, without him himself intending to be anti-Semitic. If you didn't know Pope has a history of making slightly misinformed comments on social media, you would assume he's being anti-Semitic, as implying that a Jewish family 'own all the banks' is anti-Semitic. Thankfully, he can plead ignorance.

I'd have more sympathy for the bloke if he hadn't been in hot water before regarding his ignorance, forthright/controversial opinions, and downright belligerence on social media.

If there was a 3rd world war it's unlikely there will be many survivors, if there are it's almost certain the rich and powerful will be amongst the few.... whether they are Jewish or not will be immaterial, whether they own banks or not will be immaterial because money will be valueless..... there will be no buyers, sellers or borrowers so lenders and bankers will be obsolete..... things of little importance to a none existant financial market.  There will be survival, nothing more..... and a lot less for many.

There will be no work therefore no pay, no employment, no currency will be worth the paper it's printed on and no ability to print any more. What would be the advantage of owning a bank or all the banks.

There are enough nuclear weapons in the world to destroy it many times over.... and if it didn't the fallout would.

When the privileged finally emerged from their bunkers and inhabited a world of cockroaches and other surviving species what would they spend their trillions on?

1 hour ago, Andy Proctor said:

Hes barred from the sneyd arms try the green star in smallthorne or travellers rest in milton instead. 

Or Scrimmies in Smallthorne.

Personally I don’t think Pope should or will get a ban. He just needs to bin twitter off for his sake and the sake of the club.

Lets face it, its full of weirdos and gobshites anyway.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Playa Amodores said:

Well he was in Scrimmys last night wearing his PVFC tracksuit with Yates. Very busy on his phone, let’s hope not on Twitter 

Pathetic

On 11/01/2020 at 19:33, The One said:

At least a 2 match ban to be confirmed next week 😟🤦‍♂️

So when’s this 2 match ban being confirmed? 🤔