Pope tweets under investigation by FA

14 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

If you go to this page you can click on the links that provide Essential information for players.  When you open the document you can go to pages 18 and 19 which show the rules about the use of social media.  Either Tom hasn't read them or he has chosen to ignore them.  He has no one to blame but himself for his punishments.

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/discipline/player-essentials

Quite clear ignorance is no excuse. So the judgement will hinge on whether  he should know what he was talking about, not a problem in a pub (you may get a thump) but as a known representative of a business it can be a serious matter. It will be interesting to see what he is charged with.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The disappointing thing about it all is that in a weekend of such good publicity for how we played, the goal, the fans behaviour, the amount of people that went to the game.... It has quickly became o

When Pope was getting some stick, I started "Pope is a Legend Poll" here, 98%, agreed. I tweeted this to Pope. You know all supportive. His reply was "Who gives a f*** what you think". Charming. He is

Cullen should have kept his place anyway whether Popey was banned or not. 

Posted Images

2 hours ago, falmouthssoberist said:

Anyone seen the episode of black mirror where you rate everyone you meet and if your rating drops low you become an outcast???? That's the way we are heading

How long have you lived in Falmouth?

Happy Chinese New year.....

Oh wait..... is that appropriation of a national identity?..... some see that as offensive..... what about wishing an atheist a merry Christmas?..... or wishing someone who has to work a happy holiday?.... how about happy birthday to someone who doesn't want to be reminded it's their birthday?.... if my wife asks me if something she has purchased suits her do I have to say yes so I don't offend her?

I was told by a police officer that he could arrest me for telling him hollocks because it was offensive, did Vince cable get arrested for saying hollocks to brexit?..... the officer did change his mind when I told him he couldn't be the complainant..... and a few other things that may have affected his qualified immunity.

Freedom of speech allows you to say what you want, it doesn't become an escape clause for the consequences of saying it. .... the law should not care about anyone's  feelings. 

• Like 2

Askey's take on it as quoted from the Sentinel:

"He has only himself to blame really. I have no sympathy because we have been telling him not to go on social media but hopefully he will learn from it.

"I think now he realises what he has done but he has to move on now because with Tom he doesn't mean any harm by anything he does. But it does affect the football club.

I am just disappointed that he doesn't take heed but I am sure now, I think he realises and he will just get back to playing football once this is over with."

Article also refers to 2 other incidents being investigated, though 1 relates to an incident with a fan at an away game.

From the comments, I suspect TP is in last chance saloon. Be interesting to see how long he manages to stay off Twitter.....

33 minutes ago, geosname said:

Oh wait..... is that appropriation of a national identity?..... some see that as offensive..... what about wishing an atheist a merry Christmas?..... or wishing someone who has to work a happy holiday?.... how about happy birthday to someone who doesn't want to be reminded it's their birthday?.... if my wife asks me if something she has purchased suits her do I have to say yes so I don't offend her?

I was told by a police officer that he could arrest me for telling him hollocks because it was offensive, did Vince cable get arrested for saying hollocks to brexit?..... the officer did change his mind when I told him he couldn't be the complainant..... and a few other things that may have affected his qualified immunity.

Freedom of speech allows you to say what you want, it doesn't become an escape clause for the consequences of saying it. .... the law should not care about anyone's  feelings. 

So can we soon be expecting a change in the terms on here then so we can all <ovf censored> swear, abuse eachother and indulge in racism, sexism, laughing at disabled people, and so? And the removal of those pesky mods interfering with our freedom of speech.

Fa banning Pope for referencing the recent stuff at Crewe. Seems like they are more interested in stopping people talking about the issue than actually punishing those who allowed it to take place...

Hope Tom deletes his Twitter account now, it's really not wise for him to be doing this. 

The Crewe tweet was out of order and it is indefensible... he had answered the fans taunt perfectly but added the last line which was too far... had he stuck to the first couple of lines about coming off the bench and scoring the winner that would of been enough and fair play. 

50 minutes ago, toyahw said:

So can we soon be expecting a change in the terms on here then so we can all <ovf censored> swear, abuse eachother and indulge in racism, sexism, laughing at disabled people, and so? And the removal of those pesky mods interfering with our freedom of speech.

I don't think so, all freedoms have limits.

1 hour ago, geosname said:

Apparently,certain woke folk are now offended by facial expressions such as rolling of the eyes.

Thornberry should be worried?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, toyahw said:

You are always free to do that if you so choose...... there will be obvious consequences if you do given the rules/terms and conditions you agreed to when you joined.

Admin don't stop you doing it, they react after you have done it.

1 hour ago, For Us All said:

Apparently,certain woke folk are now offended by facial expressions such as rolling of the eyes.

Thornberry should be worried?

Is that a micro aggression or a macro aggression? 

11 minutes ago, geosname said:

You are always free to do that if you so choose...... there will be obvious consequences if you do given the rules/terms and conditions you agreed to when you joined.

Admin don't stop you doing it, they react after you have done it.

It was tongue in cheek Geo