onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Pope tweets under investigation by FA

Vital Spark

Advert

Unfortunately for Popey ,if found guilty,he may get himself  branded as anti-semitic ,which will obviously do the club no favours whatsoever.Difficult situation for the owners and management.You’d expect,at least,anymore and he’s toast.It could be taken out of the clubs hands anyway.Silly bloke.

2 hours ago, Nofinikea said:

People getting a bit uppity about the clubs reputation being at risk seemed to have had no problem celebrating goals scored by someone who ran off from an accident leaving a man to die...

I think some of us were a bit wary of him when he joined but I read Hughes did make a complete apology and has been heavily involved in voluntary charity work - https://www.business-live.co.uk/economic-development/lee-hughes-makes-public-apology-3968884

Yes, it doesn't mean the incident didn't happen and doesn't mean he made a terrible, awful mistake. But he paid for his actions. Haven't all of us done things we regret (of varying degrees of seriousness) and wished we hadn't?

In a more minor way, Tom Pope's situation is similar. He probably deeply regrets his tweets but there's no taking them back so the important thing is he apologises (he has done that on the official site), he accepts the consequences (well, that will be next week) and learns from it (only time will tell).

People who are trying to make excuses for Pope's crass behaviour are like crap parents who indulge their misbehaving kids. If he wasn't Popey he'd be getting sh!t from everyone on here for being banned over TWEETS fgs. How the owners deal with him could become a real hornets nest that could cause undesired aggro through no fault but Pope's stupidity.

Give over

People who are trying to make excuses for Pope's crass behaviour are like crap parents who indulge their misbehaving kids. If he wasn't Popey he'd be getting sh!t from everyone on here for being banned over TWEETS fgs. How the owners deal with him could become a real hornets nest that could cause undesired aggro through no fault but Pope's stupidity.

1 hour ago, Aguar61 said:

I assume the owners have already laid out their conditions, it is up to Pope what he does, after the FA have made their decision whatever that may be.

1 hour ago, Guitar Ray said:

The biggest issue I have is that, having made one mistake, Tom didn't learn the lesson.  Madness.

Yes, three strikes and you're out I say. It's unfair to count these latest two as separate strikes though, once the latest punishment is handed down then it's last chance saloon time. I can't see him going back on twitter, picking up another suspension and still being in a job. I think he will have learned his lesson this time though.

4 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Interesting to hear a few ' he tweets what he wants ' chants yesterday.

Gallows humour or stupidity? 

Similar to the Clayton McDonald chant following his acquittal.

I can sort of see the humour but was a bit cringey.

Archived