onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Pope tweets under investigation by FA

Vital Spark

6 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

For Howjy to suggest (stop quoting him!) that Tom isn't in the top 1000 players off the pitch is the blatherings of someone who knows nothing about what he does for the club in the Community.  He's an idiot on Twitter but he's exemplary in his off field role. 

Would you care to suggest when and where he does his tweeting?During a match?I know what he does in the community as do others from the club.Perhaps some of his comments towards members of the community keep him out of my my top 1000.Of course knowing everything about everything and everyone,such as yourself does,may have forced you to disagree with my comments.

Advert

7 hours ago, George said:

How is a ‘legend’ supposed to act mate?

Cantona is a Man Utd legend and he kung fu kicked a fan in the face and missed about 9 months!

should Tom stop being an idiot on twitter? 100% yes. 

does that in anyway diminish what he has achieved for our club and his legendary status? Not in the slightest. 

The most over used word in the English language, used currently -Legend.

11 hours ago, Howjy04 said:

The most over used word in the English language, used currently -Legend.

I am 100% agreement there Howjy but Tom is still a legend. I realise that you don't seem to like the bloke but if you open your eyes and see exactly what he has done for Port Vale over the years. I am sure that you will agree that he is without a doubt a true Legend

34 minutes ago, old sage said:

I am 100% agreement there Howjy but Tom is still a legend. I realise that you don't seem to like the bloke but if you open your eyes and see exactly what he has done for Port Vale over the years. I am sure that you will agree that he is without a doubt a true Legend

We will always disagree about this Owd.I am a Roy Sproson ‘legend’ person mate.One thing I’m sure we won’t disagree about.Popey just needs to behave.

On 28/01/2020 at 08:54, Howjy04 said:

We will always disagree about this Owd.I am a Roy Sproson ‘legend’ person mate.One thing I’m sure we won’t disagree about.Popey just needs to behave.

Nice for us to be 90% in agreement Howjy and I also idolised Sproey but we are now in a different era and unfortunately the internet etc though having great advantages does have massive down sides and Tom loves to engage in banter but he should realise that many will dish it out but squeal when he gives it back. Though I don't have an account my son tells me of some of Popey's tweets the one that made me chuckle was when a 'Lardie' was trying to belittle Tom's goalscoring he retorted 'Well you have Berahino on your books who cost £12,000,000 and has scored 5 goals. If I was playing for Sjoke I would have got far more than that and I would be trying to miss!' 

Yes he is acting very unwisely but there is no intended malice in him.

P.S. I bet if Sproey was here today he would be addicted to Twitter ha ha

4 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

Another suspension coming up then.  Thought this one had been sorted, but must have been others that he got suspended for.

From what I can understand...

Ban one - for insulting comments about Mansfield CEO Carolyn Radford

Ban two - for insulting comments to a Crewe fan (apparently likening him to Goonies character Sloth)

These charges relate to the Rothchilds [sic] tweet after the Man City game 

Archived