onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Pope tweets under investigation by FA

Vital Spark

Askey's take on it as quoted from the Sentinel:

"He has only himself to blame really. I have no sympathy because we have been telling him not to go on social media but hopefully he will learn from it.

"I think now he realises what he has done but he has to move on now because with Tom he doesn't mean any harm by anything he does. But it does affect the football club.

I am just disappointed that he doesn't take heed but I am sure now, I think he realises and he will just get back to playing football once this is over with."

Article also refers to 2 other incidents being investigated, though 1 relates to an incident with a fan at an away game.

From the comments, I suspect TP is in last chance saloon. Be interesting to see how long he manages to stay off Twitter.....

Advert

33 minutes ago, geosname said:

Happy Chinese New year.....

Oh wait..... is that appropriation of a national identity?..... some see that as offensive..... what about wishing an atheist a merry Christmas?..... or wishing someone who has to work a happy holiday?.... how about happy birthday to someone who doesn't want to be reminded it's their birthday?.... if my wife asks me if something she has purchased suits her do I have to say yes so I don't offend her?

I was told by a police officer that he could arrest me for telling him hollocks because it was offensive, did Vince cable get arrested for saying hollocks to brexit?..... the officer did change his mind when I told him he couldn't be the complainant..... and a few other things that may have affected his qualified immunity.

Freedom of speech allows you to say what you want, it doesn't become an escape clause for the consequences of saying it. .... the law should not care about anyone's  feelings. 

So can we soon be expecting a change in the terms on here then so we can all <ovf censored> swear, abuse eachother and indulge in racism, sexism, laughing at disabled people, and so? And the removal of those pesky mods interfering with our freedom of speech.

Fa banning Pope for referencing the recent stuff at Crewe. Seems like they are more interested in stopping people talking about the issue than actually punishing those who allowed it to take place...

Hope Tom deletes his Twitter account now, it's really not wise for him to be doing this. 

The Crewe tweet was out of order and it is indefensible... he had answered the fans taunt perfectly but added the last line which was too far... had he stuck to the first couple of lines about coming off the bench and scoring the winner that would of been enough and fair play. 

50 minutes ago, toyahw said:

So can we soon be expecting a change in the terms on here then so we can all <ovf censored> swear, abuse eachother and indulge in racism, sexism, laughing at disabled people, and so? And the removal of those pesky mods interfering with our freedom of speech.

I don't think so, all freedoms have limits.

1 hour ago, geosname said:

Happy Chinese New year.....

Oh wait..... is that appropriation of a national identity?..... some see that as offensive..... what about wishing an atheist a merry Christmas?..... or wishing someone who has to work a happy holiday?.... how about happy birthday to someone who doesn't want to be reminded it's their birthday?.... if my wife asks me if something she has purchased suits her do I have to say yes so I don't offend her?

I was told by a police officer that he could arrest me for telling him hollocks because it was offensive, did Vince cable get arrested for saying hollocks to brexit?..... the officer did change his mind when I told him he couldn't be the complainant..... and a few other things that may have affected his qualified immunity.

Freedom of speech allows you to say what you want, it doesn't become an escape clause for the consequences of saying it. .... the law should not care about anyone's  feelings. 

Apparently,certain woke folk are now offended by facial expressions such as rolling of the eyes.

Thornberry should be worried?

1 hour ago, toyahw said:

You are always free to do that if you so choose...... there will be obvious consequences if you do given the rules/terms and conditions you agreed to when you joined.

Admin don't stop you doing it, they react after you have done it.

11 minutes ago, geosname said:

You are always free to do that if you so choose...... there will be obvious consequences if you do given the rules/terms and conditions you agreed to when you joined.

Admin don't stop you doing it, they react after you have done it.

It was tongue in cheek Geo

8 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Tom Pope has made the Times. 

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/tom-pope-set-to-face-antisemitism-charge-9nwbqpgtz

It is probably behind a paywall but the first paragraph is interesting:

“A lower-league striker apparently hellbent on becoming the most objectionable man in English football has been banned for one match for insulting a fan — and is likely to be charged within days for a separate incident in which he posted an allegedly antisemitic tweet.“

Can't disagree with that.

Pope on social media is by far the most objectionable footballer I've seen. Genuinely had enough of him. He's not even very funny.

If there's more bans coming (5 games the rumour) then I would question his future at the club beyond this summer. He isn't good enough anymore to warrant this level of unprofessionalism. He's been warned but has (again) let himself, the club, and the fans down.

Archived