onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Pope tweets under investigation by FA

Vital Spark

Advert

51 minutes ago, Howjy04 said:

The abuse and accusations that the Rothschild family have received over the years should have been researched by Pope before he made his comments.Stay off Twitter,Popey.You are looking like a fool now.

Should we start a collection for them?

His followers have gone up to over 25k. He is now a internationally know spokesman for the club. This is the second time he has posted racist stuff and deleted it. In any other business with a social media policy he would have been sacked. He’s making himself look a complete ignorant fool

The Jewish bankers trope was started by the Nazis. 

Carols business is with bankers and it’s highly likely some of these will be Jewish. It embarrasses her, her business and the club.

12 hours ago, toyahw said:

I doubt it was meant as anti-Semitic. But ill advised would be a good word. Maybe he should run them past Max to check naievety and "bants" don't cross the line. Had no problem with the Stones stuff.

Whilst I wouldn't doubt Max's commitment to his job, I suspect he had quite a busy day on Saturday and probably didn't want to be woken by Pope at 3 30am to run through a tweet! 

Other than that, I agree. I suspect it wasn't meant as anti-Semitic but it certainly can be construed as being so. 

I'm pretty sure Wayne Hennessey's H!ler salute was more anti-semitic than Pope mentioning some Jewish guy (just say you'd never heard of Rothschild Tom, that arguement got Hennessey off the hook)

I'd like to think I'm well up on my politics but had to read some articles on it to find out what was so offensive about Pope's tweet. Popey should quit while he's ahead though 

3 hours ago, JohnJames said:

His followers have gone up to over 25k. He is now a internationally know spokesman for the club. This is the second time he has posted racist stuff and deleted it. In any other business with a social media policy he would have been sacked. He’s making himself look a complete ignorant fool

Carols business is with bankers and it’s highly likely some of these will be Jewish. It embarrasses her, her business and the club.

That's not quite accurate..... didn't Jesus comment about the money lenders and traders in the temple?.... the Nazis used it as have many others over the centuries..... the Rothschild family have been in banking since 1700s?..... they happen to be Jewish..... I may hold the fact that they are bankers against them.... their religion is immaterial.

Surely if you think it's anti semitic then doesn't that mean you kind of buy into the whole conspiracy theory, therefore making you anti semitic..?

Not to be the bloke that pulls that card but I'm half Jewish (I don't believe in the religion meself but one side of my family are Jewish, either way I'm sure the SS would of still shot me back in the day) and I'm not offended by it.

Although (and I'm a massive fan of his) I do think Popey needs to get off twitter, it's a toxic place full of hate and arguments. Just for the simple fact that we don't need any more match bans!

18 hours ago, Class personified said:

Having read the comment in no way is it anti-semitic. I suspect it’s Man City fans who have started this ball rolling. This PC world has gone mad. 

Popey needs to cancel his Twitter account immediately.There will always be someone on there who will be offended.

It wasn’t racist

Archived