onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Pope tweets under investigation by FA

Vital Spark

Certain names like "Rothschild" and "Soros" have a certain subtext and are often used in conspiracy theories as shorthand for 'the Jews'. Shady global elites, financiers etc. that sort of thing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zionist_Occupation_Government_conspiracy_theory

Tom likes a good crackpot conspiracy theory. I've seen some of the boIIocks on Twitter he's posted down the years. Does he fully understand the subtext behind the word he's used? I suspect probably not.

I said it the last time, he wants sending on a course.

Advert

4 minutes ago, Santa said:

Certain names like "Rothschild" and "Soros" have a certain subtext and are often used in conspiracy theories as shorthand for 'the Jews'. Shady global elites, financiers etc. that sort of thing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zionist_Occupation_Government_conspiracy_theory

Tom likes a good crackpot conspiracy theory. I've seen some of the boIIocks on Twitter he's posted down the years. Does he fully understand the subtext behind the word he's used? I suspect probably not.

I said it the last time, he wants sending on a course.

All the same Santa, I still believe the F.A. Trolls need to worry about 'League issues e.g. players not being paid.

For me, this is more akin to 'Big Brother is watching You'.

I don't see anything antisemitic in what he reportedly said.

The banking dynasty he mentions have been involved in banking for 300 Years? They have, reportedly, banking interests in every country across the world except about half a dozen. They have survived stock market crashes, disasters and world wars...... if there were survivors in the banking industry of a 3rd world war I would assume, given their vast and varying interests, they would survive and be a prominant/dominant  force.

Not because of their religion but because of their spread of assets. 

I think free speech is moving away from you have the right to say what you want (within the confines of the law) towards you can say what you want providing it doesn't offend anyone.

Within the confines of the law doesn't mean you can't say it, it just means there are consequences laid down in law if you do.

3 minutes ago, sandyford_valiant said:

Im very surprised the club let him have a twitter account to be honest. Im not saying thats what they should do, but if he ends up getting another game ban and another fine then something needs to be done. We dont want to lose him for anymore games.

Unless his contract includes specific use of social media he is free to open personal accounts.

However, and as pointed out above by Santa, he would benefit from a course in 'subtext language'.

9 minutes ago, Aussie Rules said:

Unless his contract includes specific use of social media he is free to open personal accounts.

However, and as pointed out above by Santa, he would benefit from a course in 'subtext language'.

im not sure the club (carol) would be too happy if he kept being in the headlines for tweeting stuff and getting suspensions and fines, whether in contract or not.

The problem with social media & Twitter in particular is there are a lot of people on there just waiting to be offended.

I’m a similar age to Popey and have recognised that. That combined with not wanting to share every detail of my and everyone else’s life means I avoid social media like the plague it is. Popey would be wise to do the same. 

Its not anti Semitic and almost certainly not said with any intent but the issue is at the moment Pope is famous through the world for his tweeting after this weekend so all eyes are on him and what he is tweeting... adding in Man City fans seem really touchy about the Stones banter he is open to being pulled up on everything.

1 hour ago, Bald Eagle said:

Wasn’t Burge sacked due to breaching Social Media policy?  I am not saying Popey should be sacked, but surely we have a policy?  Club fine as a minimum if he is banned again.  

Burge was critical of the manager, Pope has joked about a rich powerful family, who the FA are fearful of given their organisation is all about money.

Why is it now considered antisemitic to even mention anybody of Jewish extraction? This shows how pathetic some of the accusations against Corbyn are.

If Popey is thinking about a move into politics then how about a duet with Robbie of "I`m loving Engels instead". 

I hope I haven`t upset any Marxists by mentioning Fred.

11 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

Why bring the Rothschild family into tweets? Just unnecessary. Unfortunately it is obviously anti-Semitic and takes the focus away from an incredible performance and a world class goal. 

He will be looking at a ban. I mean given the furore over Corbyn and anti semitism generally, this is utter stupidity. 

The abuse and accusations that the Rothschild family have received over the years should have been researched by Pope before he made his comments.Stay off Twitter,Popey.You are looking like a fool now.

7 hours ago, sandyford_valiant said:

im not sure the club (carol) would be too happy if he kept being in the headlines for tweeting stuff and getting suspensions and fines, whether in contract or not.

Couldn't agree more Steve, but it seems to me the F.A. are playing Big Brother cyber police which, in my opinion, is well outside their remit.  

Archived