onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Fans Greatest 10 Vale Games

Vital Spark

With all the euphoria of Man City game I was thinking how this game ranks in terms of fans memories of their greatest 10 Vale games?

We will all have favourite memories and reasons for having favourite games based on achievement, sentiment or atmosphere.

For the record here is my personal 10 greatest games -

1. Spurs (H) FA Cup

2. Stockport (N) Autoglass Final

3. Bristol Rovers (H) Playoff Promotion

4. Brighton (A) Promotion

5. Everton (H) FA Cup Replay

6. Everton (A) FA Cup

7. Arsenal (A) FA Cup

8. Huddersfield (A) League survival

9. Burton (H) Promotion season

10. Wolves (A) Playoff promotion season

Advert

37 minutes ago, Vital Spark said:

With all the euphoria of Man City game I was thinking how this game ranks in terms of fans memories of their greatest 10 Vale games?

We will all have favourite memories and reasons for having favourite games based on achievement, sentiment or atmosphere.

For the record here is my personal 10 greatest games -

1. Spurs (H) FA Cup

2. Stockport (N) Autoglass Final

3. Bristol Rovers (H) Playoff Promotion

4. Brighton (A) Promotion

5. Everton (H) FA Cup Replay

6. Everton (A) FA Cup

7. Arsenal (A) FA Cup

8. Huddersfield (A) League survival

9. Burton (H) Promotion season

10. Wolves (A) Playoff promotion season

Interesting that no Stoke games are in there.

10 minutes ago, ollyandpatch said:

I would add the 1-1 draw with Stoke (Robbie Earle scored at Victoria ground)  Wolves away 3-3, and Bolton at home won 2-1 with ten men and Walkers last minute winner then horses in the paddock. !! Going further back. FA cup replay win against Hull (Beamish hatrick)

Yes, the Stoke 1-1 certainly deserves inclusion! 

16 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

The 1-1 at Exeter which took us to the Autoglass Final was special.  I couldn't get my better half out of the ground - he just stood there with a glazed look on his face!

I can remember being stunned listening on the radio, so it must have been a remarkable feeling being there on the night.

Where did yesterday rank in your favourite games?

Just now, Vital Spark said:

I can remember being stunned listening on the radio, so it must have been a remarkable feeling being there on the night.

Where did yesterday rank in your favourite games?

I'm not sure it was a favourite game but it was definitely a favourite goal!

Just now, Guitar Ray said:

I’d go along with the OP but the FA Cup replay v our neighbours in ‘93 would be right up there, as would the 1-0 at their place same season.

Also the 4-0 win at Huddersfield to stay up in ‘98 was a stand out for me.

Can't disagree with any of those.

23 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

The 1-1 at Exeter which took us to the Autoglass Final was special.  I couldn't get my better half out of the ground - he just stood there with a glazed look on his face!

We stayed in Exmouth, then ended up in Torquay, for the Exeter and Plymouth games, which were in the same week.

My 10 favourite Vale games:

1. Sjoke 3:1 24 November 1992

2. Sjoke autoglass 1993 Van der laan 

3. Aldershot nil nil 1969 my first match

4.Burton Albion 7:1

5: Stockport County Autoglass Trophy final

6. Huddersfield away Sjoke relegated

7. Brighton away promotion 

8. Bury away one nil. Neville Southall super save

9. Everton home FA Cup Guppy masterclass 

10. Chesterfield 2018. The Whitfield goal which saved us

Two of my favorite games were in the same year round 3 fa cup away at birmingham city which we won 2-1 with goals from Roy Sproson and Jackie Mudie.Then in the next round drew Liverpool away with all there stars playing and getting a 0-0 draw after nearly winning it in the last minute when John Nicholson was within a inch of converting a cross.What made it even better liverpool were top dogs then and had beaten stoke 6-0 the week before in a league match absolute fantastic memories of great games i saw as a teenager.

Spurs FA Cup home 1988

Bristol Rovers Play Off Final home 1989

Preston 3 - 1 away start of the promotion season (I was mascot) 1988

Everton FA Cup home

Everton FA Cup away

Derby County FA Cup away 1990

Stoke FA Cup 3-1 1992

Stockport at Wembley 93

Brentford at the Millenium Stadium 2003 was it?

Watford home FA Cup 1988 (best two saves I ever seen by any Vale keeper)

Worthy mention. 4-2 v Aldershot in 87, my first ever game.

Archived