onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Chants

Joe B

Advert

Trouble with Vale fans is the majority are too set in their ways to get new songs going, tried a few at away games this year and they've not stuck.

Some ideas:

Song about Amoo to the tune of Eiffel 65 - Blue

Song about Pope to this: 

Changing "the Kop" to "the Vale" and "Si Senor" to "Feed him more" and obviously "Bobby Firmino" to "Tommy Pope" to fit the tune.

8 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Who's that team they call the Vale

Who's that team we all adore

Oh they play in black and white

And they know that Stoke are sh**e

We'll support you ever more!

We used to sing a very similar one back in the 70s.

who’s that team we call the vale 

whos that team we all adore

oh we play in black and white 

and we look a f#####g sight

we’re the famous Bycars enders

( can’t remember last line)

21 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Some those in the middle tier did - it was a response to their 'you're just a s**t Stoke City'.  A bit unfair really as the Mighty Potters let in seven the last time they were there.

Yeah, we were bang in the middle of the 2nd tier and we sung that a few times. But it was to a specific corner that were trying to goad us with some ar$ehole chants. That kind of kicked off the whole "Where were you when you were sh!t" chants aswell.

Any new chants would be a good change from constant repeats of 'Stand up if you love the Vale'. Once is great but 4...5...6 times a game becomes a bit shyyte!

I remember when we sang it at home just before we went into administration or just after. It was brilliant. A real sense of togetherness.

Songs a pain in the arse now.

3 hours ago, Fingaz Mc said:

Yeah, we were bang in the middle of the 2nd tier and we sung that a few times. But it was to a specific corner that were trying to goad us with some ar$ehole chants. That kind of kicked off the whole "Where were you when you were sh!t" chants aswell.

We sat over to the left of second tier and like you say it was sung a few times. Sounded pretty loud from where we were sat.

David Worralls always running, Tommy Pope is always scoring , can you hear the paddock roaring , Tommy is our king .

Taken from my favourite ever Vale song, Stevie Fox and Bobby Newton. 

Mind you in this age of PC I don't think the Zulu bit at the end would go down well with snowflakes 

Only problem with these threads is that it’s all a bit contrived and the best chants are spontaneous, however, it’d be amazing if we could replicate the days when pretty much every player had their own song.  Belted out prior to KO. It shouldn’t be too hard as the songs were pretty short and sweet.

We could also do better when chanting “Johnny Askey’s Black n White army P V F C”,  which, when we sang it for Rudgie, just went on and on.

Sometimes it's also an age thing. I'm now the grand old age of 53 but can remember loads of original songs back in the day 

Would you bury me under the bycars 

In the town where I was born 

Now as others have said loads are just copied off other clubs . 

Can't abide the Allez Allez song that everyone is pinching or the Harry Maguire one ( a few lads started an Amoo version at Scunthorpe ) 

20 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Sometimes it's also an age thing. I'm now the grand old age of 53 but can remember loads of original songs back in the day 

Would you bury me under the bycars 

In the town where I was born 

Now as others have said loads are just copied off other clubs . 

Can't abide the Allez Allez song that everyone is pinching or the Harry Maguire one ( a few lads started an Amoo version at Scunthorpe ) 

They sing the” in a town where I was bor “ song now, but the kids nowadays don’t know the words.

They sing first we have 10 pints of ale, instead of a pint of ale, and we all p in a red and white hat, instead of pot.

Archived