onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Supporters Club - Where are you?

Nottingham Valiant

I've joined the supporters club, donated to the fighting fund and want to get things changed as much as anyone. Problem is that there's no direction and no leadership on what action fans should be taking. Some will boycott the game on saturday and stay at home whilst others will go and then shout at a wall with 100 others resulting in a half-arsed attempt at a protest.

What is eneded is mass, co-ordinated protest which will make an undeniable statement and gain national attention. The only way to unify the fans is throught he supporter's club. They have done a fine job in bring the EGM and the potential legal action but they need to provide direction and leadership on general issues too.

Comments please.

Advert

NV

I definitely agree regarding Saturday. Many ppl have suggested various forms of protest so some clarity here would be good. However, cant knock the supporters club at all....im sure theyre busy working on other aspects!!

I've joined the supporters club, donated to the fighting fund and want to get things changed as much as anyone. Problem is that there's no direction and no leadership on what action fans should be taking. Some will boycott the game on saturday and stay at home whilst others will go and then shout at a wall with 100 others resulting in a half-arsed attempt at a protest.

What is eneded is mass, co-ordinated protest which will make an undeniable statement and gain national attention. The only way to unify the fans is throught he supporter's club. They have done a fine job in bring the EGM and the potential legal action but they need to provide direction and leadership on general issues too.

Comments please.

As a foot soldier in the SC I know it is a long war, battles have breaks in between. While the board are digesting the legal attack, a few prods will do no harm. The Red Card and Fan survey have proven the depth of support, the EGM shareholder consultation is under way. The main attacks are in progress, no doubt they are busy on many other fronts and other things will be revealed when the time is right. What else that can be done is best considered at the next meeting.

As a foot soldier in the SC I know it is a long war, battles have breaks in between. While the board are digesting the legal attack, a few prods will do no harm. The Red Card and Fan survey have proven the depth of support, the EGM shareholder consultation is under way. The main attacks are in progress, no doubt they are busy on many other fronts and other things will be revealed when the time is right. What else that can be done is best considered at the next meeting.

Fair enough at least thats something.

I don't doubt the hard work, commitment the SC are putting in on our behalf.

We're not talking rocket science here or a lot of work - I mean just a statement in all the local media from the supporter's club either urging people to boycott the game or urging people to turn up and protest either before/during/after the game.

And to be honest, I completely disagree that this battle should have breaks inbetween. This has been running on for a ridiculous amount of time - the end is in sight and everything should be done to keep increasing the pressure. As it stands, saturday will come and go, the team will lose, the protest will be half-hearted at best and that will be the end of another opportunity.

I would rather the tactics are perfected and we have success rather than rushing in to appease impatient fans. The SC and associates are working very hard and the last thing the fans want is for the board to have any life after an EGM which happened in June.

If you want a plan, don't go to VP until they have left, simple and that's not rocket science.

I would rather the tactics are perfected and we have success rather than rushing in to appease impatient fans. The SC and associates are working very hard and the last thing the fans want is for the board to have any life after an EGM which happened in June.

If you want a plan, don't go to VP until they have left, simple and that's not rocket science.

Sorry if i came across wrongly, i appreciate that the SC will be working exceptionally hard already. My point is that this shouldn't involve any work - just a simple statement to try and coordinate the actions of fans. Currently i plan to go on saturday, as will many others. If a direction is given or the consensus is to boycott it then i will do the same. Matchdays are the perfect time for action, i just fear saturday is another missed opportunity.

The last planned action was the red card protest, this was discussed and voted on at the last SC meeting. As we have not had another meeting since then I cant see how the SC can have an official view on what to do next protest wise ?

I think the next course of action is happening all behind the scenes [ and so it should be ]

I would add two things:

1. There's still some time before the weekend for the SC to release a statement.

2. In all my dealings the SC have been open, honest and readily accept feedback and comments. I am sure members of the SC committee will probably read this thread and respond and I'm also sure that if they feel the majority of fans want a statement that one will be forthcoming (see point one - it's only Wednesday!). But if you want to urge the SC to do something I would suggest the best thing is to email them direct and not rely on them reading it on OVF.

On a personal note, I feel that the only way to get the board out now is via the legal and EGM way and if the SC is concentrating on those methods rather than arranging protests then I agree with them.

I would add two things:

1. There's still some time before the weekend for the SC to release a statement.

2. In all my dealings the SC have been open, honest and readily accept feedback and comments. I am sure members of the SC committee will probably read this thread and respond and I'm also sure that if they feel the majority of fans want a statement that one will be forthcoming (see point one - it's only Wednesday!). But if you want to urge the SC to do something I would suggest the best thing is to email them direct and not rely on them reading it on OVF.

On a personal note, I feel that the only way to get the board out now is via the legal and EGM way and if the SC is concentrating on those methods rather than arranging protests then I agree with them.

Fair points. However, you say it's only wednesday. Folks need to remember that the vast majority of Vale Fans will not be on OVF before the weekend and therefore will not be getting any message.

Sorry if i came across wrongly, i appreciate that the SC will be working exceptionally hard already. My point is that this shouldn't involve any work - just a simple statement to try and coordinate the actions of fans. Currently i plan to go on saturday, as will many others. If a direction is given or the consensus is to boycott it then i will do the same. Matchdays are the perfect time for action, i just fear saturday is another missed opportunity.

Why do we need someone to tell us not to go though? I've made my decision not to go, I made that decision at the end of last season, I wont be anywhere near Vale Park until the current incumbents are removed, simple as that.

I'm sure the SC are working hard with the other pro-change groups in the background to enforce change, the statement released last Saturday shows that and I'd rather they concentrated on the EGM/Legal action than arranging protests that will in all fairness, be poorly attended regardless of whether they are "official" or not. We found that out last season.

Keep the pressure on for sure, and people are in going to the ground on week days, but we don't need the SC to hold our hands surely. We can continue to do our own little bit, in our own little way, whilst the generals (SC etc) are planning for the final battle (EGM/Legal Action) in the background.

Archived