Fosse69

Match Thread : FAC3 Manchester City v Port Vale

Excellent day out ..my only gripe was why they didnt let the vale coach pull up at the front of the ground.Fair enough its their home game but surely could have let our players go first then obviously a spielburg epic for thier coach after.At least we saw carol walking in the front of the ground which me and bro were singing "we love u carol we do oooo carol we love u"..which she seemed overwhelmed and blew us a kiss.Anyway wot a goal thomas scored best move of the game the passing and build up was brilliant then the cross and finish were top draw.I still get goosebumps everytime i watch it.Lets finish strong now in the league and who knows.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, The man in the pub said:

Super day out with a performance to match. When Popey scored we went mental. I was in our end but for a few seconds wished I had been in the Man City end just so as I could watch our end go ballistic. Having watched our goal on playback hadn't realised what a great move it was with a quality finish. If anyone was going to score for us we all knew who we wanted that to be. Throat still raw after singing so loud, particularly enjoyed the Feed the Pope after his goal.

Just thought it was worth praising all the staff I came into contact with, very friendly and had some great banter with them. In fairness to their quiet fans can remember when we played much lower opposition at home in the cup and experienced a similar non atmosphere whilst their fans were really up for it. 

Final word thought it was class of our fans the reception we gave our players when they came over at the end, that Vale till I die will stay with me forever. Hopefully shows Carol and Kevin what the club means to us and how glad we are they pushed the boat out and saved us. 

We were in block 107 mate and trust me its not fun sitting on your hands when the Pope netted,but the Vale hoards looked fantastic.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cityinpeace said:

It wasn't sour grapes it was constructive and factual.

Perhaps read the comments posted by Naz, one of your fellow supporters, to see what the word “constructive” means. 👍

2 hours ago, Cityinpeace said:

We averaged 34000 in Division 2 in the 90's, what's your average again!

Your neighbor's averaged over 61000 when in the same league, so your point is?

Never understood why anyone would want read some other teams forums especially if it’s your local rivals .

Never read a stoke forum never would as I know they do not like us ,which is fair enough as without wishing them bad luck or misery we ain’t that fond of them .

As for whatever comments made on Man City’s forums it’s all very irrelevant what they think ,they won the game and they will continue to go from strength to strength.

The money from this game will help Vale but I think the atmosphere will help more ,let’s hope the irregular fan gets the bug and wants go again and again etc .

Ive heard a lot of nasty comments about the Vale in my lifetime ,I just laugh them off and to be honest I take not a  inkling of notice of the banter or whatever the ones dishing it out call it .

The bottom line is in order make the Vale a viable club days like yesterday need to be forthcoming and become regular .

Vale are a club on the up thanks to the shanahans,the players are showing character most games and we score from all areas of the pitch .

UTV 

• Like 7

Fantastic day out. We did not disgrace ourselves and simply to have been there to witness Pope's goal was worth the entire trip.

Went on the coach from Tommys and everyone was well behaved, sunk many a bevvy in a great little bar near Warrington. Tremendous support from Super Vale Away fans and thanks to Carol/Kevin for allowing this to happen.

Obviously there were thousands of non-regular Vale fans there and it really would be superb to see a good deal of them attending again in future to help the Shanahans plan of bringing success back to the might Vale.

Yes we are a 2nd Division outfit, at present,  but what a truly grand effort by all on Saturday to show that we can and will rise above where we are currently. Proud of you Vale, very proud.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, valefan16 said:

Imagine in the 70s?

ManU were in Div 2 74/75, relegated by City with a Denis Law goal if I remember rightly.

Just now, Fosse69 said:

ManU were in Div 2 74/75, relegated by City with a Denis Law goal if I remember rightly.

Correct, may even have been a backheel? And he cried?

1 hour ago, valefan16 said:

Imagine in the 70s?

Bloody ell, we were all getting those attendances then due to standing. If were playing that game we got 84500 against Wolves in 1934 😉 Besides ,in 1974 Division 2 was today's Championship equivalent. Our 34500 was in what would be League 1 in today's money.

5 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Correct, may even have been a backheel? And he cried?

He didn't cry (unfortunately) but he refused to celebrate despite the rest of team mobbing him. 

56 minutes ago, Cityinpeace said:

Bloody ell, we were all getting those attendances then due to standing. If were playing that game we got 84500 against Wolves in 1934 😉 Besides ,in 1974 Division 2 was today's Championship equivalent. Our 34500 was in what would be League 1 in today's money.

No mate, your 34,500 was in your imagination. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

No mate, your 34,500 was in your imagination. 

No "mate" it wasn't, we increased the league 2 average attendance by 200% the year we were in it.

• Like 1

Not sure any of you will be interested in this, but just in case. The whole 90 minutes of the game is available to watch on "City TV" subscription costs £1.99 a month but you can cancel as soon as you join and just pay for 1 month (they did have a 30 day free trial that may or may not still be available) You can only watch on certain platforms, details can be found from the link below:-

https://www.mancity.com/campaigns/tv

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Cityinpeace said:

No "mate" it wasn't, we increased the league 2 average attendance by 200% the year we were in it.

Your average when you were in the third tier was 28,273.  Your stats don't make sense.

Jacko, City fans have a bit of a blind spot when it comes to attendances, hence the "we're not really here" song they sing. It is an excuse to make things up. Aside from that, most are sound in my experience and remember where they have come from, just not how many watched them when they were there!