Fosse69

Match Thread : FAC3 Manchester City v Port Vale

34 minutes ago, Andy Proctor said:

Also dont appreciate man city fans reporting vale fans for being in the home ends when all they wanted to do is see there team in there big cup final but couldn't get a ticket for the away end. I bet them same city fans weren't reporting there own fans when they were being racists towards players the other week. 

We had no problem in block 107,had a good matter with a couple of Maine road supporters who would go back there in. a heart beat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Naz said:

It was a Cup Final for you.  For us it was a game against League 2 opposition with a reserve side which we knew we'd almost certainly win.  There was no edge to it.   I knew City end would be flat.

All I can say is that it isn't like that for all league games, but it is for some!  City are actually one of the best and noisiest crowds in the Premier League so if you think we're bad try Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea, Liverpool or Man Utd.  

Vale were loud at times.  Did your club proud.

Maybe we'll meet again in the Cups again.

Perhaps if we get past Salford we will meet your U21s in the League Trophy, L1 & L2 clubs only realistic chance of a cup visit to Wembley apart from PO finals. Otherwise a long wait as we don't usually bother with the League Cup.

1 hour ago, Cityinpeace said:

Our owner has done more for the community in East Manchester than Band Aid did for Africa! 

Your owner has more money than the average third world country so philanthropy is easy - how much of his own time does it cost him?

Our owners are not minted in that way but do as much work in their community as Mansour and they do it themselves, hands on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Man City fans I came across were helpful and full of praise for our support .

Was a lovely stadium and a pint and half for six quid so impressed with that .

The game well Man City deservedly won no complaints from me but would have been nice if Mike Dean had ruled out goals 2 and 3 but the best goal of the game was Port Vales and I think the second goal knocked the stuffing out of us,Var right or not .

Conlon should have buried that header at 3-1 .

Fans were incredible I thought and kept behind the Vale throughout.

No one can ever take away from us that we were well in the game till Var intervened (rightly ).

Buzzing still today well proud of the team 

Utv

Edited by Vale fan in Alsager
  • Like 6

Great day out, brilliant effort from our players and fans, absolutely loved it. What a <ovf censored> header that was Popey!

People have been moaning that the atmosphere has been poor at vale park for a few seasons now for obvious reasons, getting better since the takeover but still not like it used to be. However even now, our gates of 4500-5500 create a much better atmosphere than 50000 man city fans can muster up. Only time they sang was in retaliation to YNWA or "where were you when you were <ovf censored>". I'm surprised we didn't sing "we forgot you were here" but it probably would have been more accurate to sing "we thought you were dead". Proper embarrassing when clubs need to create singing sections to try and force it, even worse when it doesn't work.

• Like 1

Fans were generally brilliant.  A few small time incidents, one was when a group of about 12 "lads" decided to rock through the City Square which was packed with families and lots of kids singing about <ovf censored> and fanny...  classless.

The other was the smallish but vocal group of coke heads singing the Liverpool anthem, again classless.

It took about 15 mins for everyone to get back in the stands after half time, it amazes me that here you are, scrambled to get a ticket to watch your club play one of the best sides in the world in one of the best stadiums in the world in one of the best cup competitions in the world and you miss a large chunk because you were desperate for an overpriced pint...  maybe some of you should be asking yourself if you have a problem with alcohol.

2 hours ago, sandyford_valiant said:

😆😂 Now you are talking rubbish for the sake of it. Have a day off you clown. 

Many of your fans on here have said they were disappointed with the atmosphere you created. On a side note, how dis a club that average 4500 for home games get 8000 yesterday?

18 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

Fans were generally brilliant.  A few small time incidents, one was when a group of about 12 "lads" decided to rock through the City Square which was packed with families and lots of kids singing about <ovf censored> and fanny...  classless.

The other was the smallish but vocal group of coke heads singing the Liverpool anthem, again classless.

It took about 15 mins for everyone to get back in the stands after half time, it amazes me that here you are, scrambled to get a ticket to watch your club play one of the best sides in the world in one of the best stadiums in the world in one of the best cup competitions in the world and you miss a large chunk because you were desperate for an overpriced pint...  maybe some of you should be asking yourself if you have a problem with alcohol.

Or in my case a size ratio of prostate gland to bladder that is the inverse of what it was 30 years ago. I didn’t have a drink at the ground but still had to go for a pee twice which was rather time consuming!

2 minutes ago, Cityinpeace said:

Many of your fans on here have said they were disappointed with the atmosphere you created. On a side note, how dis a club that average 4500 for home games get 8000 yesterday?

I reckon per capita of home support, our away support must be one of the best, if not the best in the country. Not sure why but historically it seems to have included more than our share of naughty boys as well.

9 minutes ago, Cityinpeace said:

The same way a club that used average around 30,000 suddenly found 20,000 more because some Arab came on the scene.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Cityinpeace said:

I thought the vale atmosphere was quality yesterday. Very loud from where I was sittting. Where were you sitting?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Cityinpeace said:

Mate, wouldn't be going on about glory hunters if I were you.

Off you pop back to your sportswashing vehicle. The UAE need a few wins to cover up their human right abuses.

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

Some bloke in front of me was screaming at him all game telling him to get tighter on his man and to “dive in at him”

Possibly the worst advice he could have dispensed given City pray on the opposition lunging in and being pulled out of position ... but hey ho... the bloke did look like he had studied at the highest level of coaching. Oh no, wait... he didn’t... he looked like an old bald bloke who loved a moan! 😂

The trouble with Amoo is he goes missing for long periods of games yesterday brilliant cross for pope to score then he just wanders around the pitch without trying to help gibbons. I just wish he had the work rate of a Mcarthy Ainsworth or a Gary Ford finally well done Montano absolute tremendous effort for someone who is playing out of his prefered position.

if

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, hamilboy said:

The trouble with Amoo is he goes missing for long periods of games yesterday brilliant cross for pope to score then he just wanders around the pitch without trying to help gibbons. I just wish he had the work rate of a Mcarthy Ainsworth or a Gary Ford finally well done Montano absolute tremendous effort for someone who is playing out of his prefered position.

if

That's a League 2 winger though.

If Amoo had the stamina and bustling work ethic of a McCarthy he wouldn't be playing for us.

His job is to score and create goals; which he does to decent effect. 4 goals/assists in his last 5. Set up Pope at Cheltenham.

He's got 4 goals and I would say 5/6 assists at the halfway point of the season. If he maintains that and finished on 7ish goals and 10ish assists is a very decent season for a winger.

• Like 1

So proud of the lads especially Pope. But Monty played a blinder and so did Brown as usual! We were louder than their 45,000 all game! SUPER VALE AWAY!

Edit: Got a few videos on me Instagram including the celebration after the Pope goal, just google me name if you wanna see 🙂 VTID 

Edited by Fingaz Mc

10 page thread of hate and vitriol on The Bloatcake , quite comical considering they aren't bothered about us. 

Oh well we both went out in the 3rd round, I think we can hold our heads high whereas they lost to Brentford kids 

Lard vermin