Fosse69

Match Thread : FAC3 Manchester City v Port Vale

deeply unimpressed with my first experience of VAR, first VAR looked completely unneccessary as it was clearly onside. Second one the ref was right in the first place and it was never a goal. From the scoring team’s point of view it completely destroys the celebration.

great performance from Vale and great goal from the pontiff in any event.

What a Atmosphere and when Pope scored that goal was the biggest mental ever in the away end .

So proud of the team they gave it everything against a top top side .

Just brilliant apart from getting tram after game ,that was tiresome but back to hotel now very happy with the Vale today especially the support which was fantastic 

UTV 

Man Of The Match Foden undoubtedly had a decent game, but for me the outstanding player on the pitch was David Silva. He never seems to give the ball away and has a sublime touch. Marvellous player.

But all credit to Vale for a spirited and disciplined performance. And we scored the best goal of the game ! 

Many, many congratulations to all involved in a wonderful performance both on and off the pitch. 

• Like 3

Taken from the top tier of the Colin Bell stand because i coudn't get a ticket for the away end due to certain people buying in bulk - that moment when you have to meet the bloke you've slagged off on Twitter:

4thjanuary_0045-Edit.jpg

Edited by efsb
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Sat in block 309 of the east stand. Away end looked and sounded amazing.

Must have been 30 to 40 vale fans going mad when Pope scored a few getting ejected.

Great day out.

Great day out with fantastic support and fantastic memories.

Was distinctly unimpressed with City; sterile (technically good), risk-averse football in a soulless bowl with silent fans. Their first effort was going wide till deflected, then two scrappy, VAR influenced goals killed the game.

Well done Vale; a great effort from all and a great earner from the club.

19 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Att. 52,433 Vale 8,000 plus

Record attendance: 54,693 (Manchester City vs Leicester City, 6 February 2016)
not far off matching it. If we’d been given more seats I’m sure we’d of took enough. 

• Thanks 1

There certainly is a noticeably quieter atmosphere in the Ethiad compared to Anfield. But the club were very welcoming and it was a good day.

• Like 3

What was most pleasing was we didn't resort to dirty tactics today.

Barely any fouls, no bookings.

When City deigned to give us the ball we tried to knock it about, and our goal was a back to front passing move.

At times it was lump it up, but not through design, just to relieve the pressure.

Fans were spot on too; well-behaved and in full voice.

Its been a week of massive exposure for us and we've come out of it magnficently.

• Like 2

The main problem we could not overcome was the pressing and following that their ball retention. Like Liverpool. The one time we broke the press we scored.

What was most pleasing was we didn't resort to dirty tactics today.
Barely any fouls, no bookings.
When City deigned to give us the ball we tried to knock it about, and our goal was a back to front passing move.
At times it was lump it up, but not through design, just to relieve the pressure.
Fans were spot on too; well-behaved and in full voice.
Its been a week of massive exposure for us and we've come out of it magnficently.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rudgiesflatcap said:

Record attendance: 54,693 (Manchester City vs Leicester City, 6 February 2016)
not far off matching it. If we’d been given more seats I’m sure we’d of took enough. 

The 6 pointer game that gave Leicester the belief they could become champions so probably more corporate etc seats were sold, so a magnificent achievement by the Vale to get so many there.

Just made the mistake of reading the Blue Moon forum.  What a bunch of absolutely arrogant tossers they are on there.

55 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Great day out with fantastic support and fantastic memories.

Was distinctly unimpressed with City; sterile (technically good), risk-averse football in a soulless bowl with silent fans. Their first effort was going wide till deflected, then two scrappy, VAR influenced goals killed the game.

Well done Vale; a great effort from all and a great earner from the club.

I mentioned this on the last thread but was told I was making it up and hadn't been to games. I felt the same every time I saw them last season. They have quality no doubt, but don't seem to get out of second gear. 

Well done lads you all did us proud today with the effort and commitment. Even in injury time at the end of the game we where still trying to press City in near their own penalty area. Incredible effort.

Lets hope we can now find some consistency in the league....