onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread : FAC3 Manchester City v Port Vale

Fosse69

4 hours ago, Cityinpeace said:

Think it's you that doesn't get it:-

I didn't say you were an inferior club, I said you were inferior opposition.

Your 8000 fans didn't add much to the atmosphere either, an average premiership side with 2000 fans make more noise than your lot did. 

We don't like VAR either

Our owner has done more for the community in East Manchester than Band Aid did for Africa! 

I've followed City in many leagues but watching them in the premiership is by far the best experience.  

I do actually like City and traditionally think of their long suffering fans as having a good, grounded sense of humour, if I was a City fan I’d also be like a pig in muck about the current quality of football and level of success.. however the following would make me more than a little conflicted... https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/nov/10/manchester-city-amnesty-international-football-leaks?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Advert

Stayed overnight in Manchester and just got back.
I actually went in the East Stand and your comment that vale supporters didn’t make much noise is completely different from what city supporters were saying around me. They say from ‘words from out of babies’ two young supporters behind me asked their dad ‘why are vale supporters singing so loud others teams don’t sing so loud’
I think vale supporters should be proud of their support.

Super day out with a performance to match. When Popey scored we went mental. I was in our end but for a few seconds wished I had been in the Man City end just so as I could watch our end go ballistic. Having watched our goal on playback hadn't realised what a great move it was with a quality finish. If anyone was going to score for us we all knew who we wanted that to be. Throat still raw after singing so loud, particularly enjoyed the Feed the Pope after his goal.

Just thought it was worth praising all the staff I came into contact with, very friendly and had some great banter with them. In fairness to their quiet fans can remember when we played much lower opposition at home in the cup and experienced a similar non atmosphere whilst their fans were really up for it. 

Final word thought it was class of our fans the reception we gave our players when they came over at the end, that Vale till I die will stay with me forever. Hopefully shows Carol and Kevin what the club means to us and how glad we are they pushed the boat out and saved us. 

Guest Vale at home

I Agree.  Yes  it was a Brilliant Day .   For all VALE. Fans . And there  Manchester. City stewards were excellent. . Thank you again too Carol  & Kevin and family . For saving port vale fc...Good Luck on Tuesday night .vale . (( Vale till I Die . ))

Vale 

I was sat in the goal opposite the SuperValeAway (in the City end) and right behind the goal when the cross came in and Pope scored.

Never struggled so much to keep quiet at a Pope goal (and failed to do so).

Absolute honour to sit and admire the SuperValeAway from the other end. Proud of the Vale and the fans.

So disappointed in the City fans who were just quiet, boring, and a real shame in their null vocal support. Even when City scored most of the end I was in failed to even get up and cheer.

Proud of the Vale in so many ways yesterday.

10 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

I've got nothing against your team, mate, I just thought a lot of the posts from your fans were pathetic.  City, like Vale, have spent a lot of their history as the second team in your city.  In the 90s while Fergie's lot were winning title after title you spent a lot of your time in the division below and even had the ignominy of being relegated to the third tier because of Vale's win at Huddersfield on the last day of the 97-98 season. 

Yet some of your fans, most probably the latterday glory hunters, saw fit to mock a team which nearly went out of business last summer because of a lunatic owner and who turned up in numbers to support their players. 

The amount of cash which has been poured into your club in recent years has given you the right to boast about your achievements.  I don't believe it has given your fans the right to mock our club and its supporters.  I would never do that to a non league club if we faced them in the Cup because I would respect that their supporters have backed what is most probably their local team and not mock them because they haven't got as much money as us and aren't as good.

Excellent response to another deluded ignoramus. Makes me wonder if all fans whose club has City in its' name are all the same?   Makes me feel even more prouder to support a genuine club with genuine owners, who are quickly building  a football club in the right way and is creating a unique image that the vast majority of fans absolutely love. 

How many owners would take the time to personally step on to every coach on the Synectics  car park and wish us all the best for our day then wave them all off, before leaving  for the Etihad herself?   Just lovely and wonderful. 

Man City, similar to Chelsea have been fortunate enough to be plucked from years abject mediocrity  to eye watering financial businesses, yet it seems that even when many fans who experienced those times, wilfully neglect to acknowledge the fact when choosing to belittling compare our club with theirs. It wasn't that long ago when "inferior" Port Vale were giving the Billionaires a footballing lesson. What's that you say, "we weren't Billionaires then", no you sodding well weren't,  so it would serve you well to remember that and attach a little more  humility to any further Billy Big Balls comments and just hope that these wonderfully ethical overseas lifelong supporter owners, never have a change of heart and chose to invest in an alternative venture. I hear that Man Utd are quite an attractive proposition. 

We sat in the East Stand. There seemed quite a bit of Vale in that side. City fans were understandably quiet in a game they would of course be completely underwhelmed by. The older generation we talked too were sound, the younger ones showed the tell tale signs of having only followed City since the takeover - carbon copies of United fans of the 90s.

Vale fans - superb. Anyone saying anything else is talking nonsense. I wished I’d been in amongst it when the Pontiff delivered, it looked epic and the backing you gave the lads at 4-1 down and at the end was a thing of beauty.

Vale team - acquitted themselves as best they could. No lack of heart or commitment but came up against the best side they’ll ever face in terms of technical competence, movement and tactical setup. I hope some of our younger lads take something from the game about the work rate, movement and game management needed at the highest level.

City were a class above anything I’ve seen Vale face in my 30 years of following. Looks like that class extended to events after the game as well.

Our road trip finished just after midnight and the final song on the radio started “We’ve come a long long way together, through the hard times and the good”.

It felt very apt. Let’s hope this is the start of some good, good times.

Up the Vale.

5 minutes ago, Vale at home said:

I Agree.  Yes  it was a Brilliant Day .   For all VALE. Fans . And there  Manchester. City stewards were excellent. . Thank you again too Carol  & Kevin and family . For saving port vale fc...Good Luck on Tuesday night .vale . (( Vale till I Die . ))

Vale 

Agreed,it was a great away day and I was proud to be Vale fan.    

Very impressed with the City staff,stewards and the police we met who were all very friendly and helpful.

We went to the main entrance just as the City team coach were arriving and each player was introduced on the mic as they stepped off the coach,that was a first for us.

We asked if the Vale coach had arrived and the warden smiled and said jokingly that they'd entered earlier via the trade entrance,which was apparently an underground tunnel leading to the dressing rooms.

Overall,despite the result an excellent experience.Well done Vale.

4 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

What I don’t get is why your reply sounds like sour grapes. What I don’t get is comments which sound bitter and antagonistic from someone posting under the moniker “Cityinpeace”.

If you can’t be constructive then maybe it’s best if you climb back up on your cloud above the Ivory Towers of East Manchester, and leave us inferiors to concentrate on our own thoughts about the match, and the day as a whole, on our forum......which you will probably come back and tell me is inferior to your own. 😂😂😂

It wasn't sour grapes it was constructive and factual.

57 minutes ago, Cityinpeace said:

We averaged 34000 in Division 2 in the 90's, what's your average again!

You've always been a bigger club than us. Right no problem. Now you are a mega bigger club than us. Fine, we get that too.

Doesn't stop us supporting our team and enjoying what comes our way when we can. Like Citeh fans did when they were in the doldrums.  It's all relative.

Archived