onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread : FAC3 Manchester City v Port Vale

Fosse69

1 hour ago, Cityinpeace said:

You could have literally copied and pasted all of that post from RAWK! Previous to today a team that is (in your opinion) " funded by the most morally bankrupt nation state on the planet, being used purely as a PR exercise by a nation that executes homosexuals and promotes terrorism." was your second team?

Based on 90 minutes of football against inferior opposition (no offence meant) where we fielded a less than full strength side you have decided that a team that have amassed 198 points and scored 201 goals in the last 2 winning premiership seasons lacks energy and is a conservative brand!?

Just one last (small) point our owners are from Abu Dhabi not Saudi Arabia!!!!!

I've got nothing against your team, mate, I just thought a lot of the posts from your fans were pathetic.  City, like Vale, have spent a lot of their history as the second team in your city.  In the 90s while Fergie's lot were winning title after title you spent a lot of your time in the division below and even had the ignominy of being relegated to the third tier because of Vale's win at Huddersfield on the last day of the 97-98 season. 

Yet some of your fans, most probably the latterday glory hunters, saw fit to mock a team which nearly went out of business last summer because of a lunatic owner and who turned up in numbers to support their players. 

The amount of cash which has been poured into your club in recent years has given you the right to boast about your achievements.  I don't believe it has given your fans the right to mock our club and its supporters.  I would never do that to a non league club if we faced them in the Cup because I would respect that their supporters have backed what is most probably their local team and not mock them because they haven't got as much money as us and aren't as good.

Advert

Still buzzing this morning about those 7 wonderful minutes where we were drawing 1-1 with the Premier League champions. Etihad silent except 8,000 Vale fans going mad. £260 million 1 - 1 £0.... and it took two VAR-approved scrambles and a deflection for them to win.

You only need to look at City vs Burton in the League Cup last season to see what happens when they're taking a cup seriously. City won 9-0 and I feared the worst today... Proud of the guys that they put on a great performance and held out so well.

Brilliant day out. All I wanted was to have a goal whilst it counted. We got that.

Al the players were superb

There were a small minority of fans who had had to much to drink and were a shove towards other vale fans. But that’s normally the case at away games nowadays.

In fairness I didn’t here any vale fans singing YNWA. Only heard vale songs in Tier 3.

What a great day! Pope’s goal was by far the best of the game as well. 10 pass build up out from the back, got it wide, great ball in and a stunning record breaking header from a club legend and boyhood fan! Spine tingling stuff! 

City didn’t get out of first gear with Foden and David Silva running the show but I thought we defended well, kept our shape and stayed compact throughout. The lads never stopped trying and gave everything for 90 mins which is all I wanted. 

9 minutes ago, davehartshill said:

What a great day! Pope’s goal was by far the best of the game as well. 10 pass build up out from the back, got it wide, great ball in and a stunning record breaking header from a club legend and boyhood fan! Spine tingling stuff! 

City didn’t get out of first gear with Foden and David Silva running the show but I thought we defended well, kept our shape and stayed compact throughout. The lads never stopped trying and gave everything for 90 mins which is all I wanted. 

That's all we can ever ask mate and if they can do that every game we are in great shape to progress and get some excitement. 

I thought Man City as a club have been classy with us but some of their fans maybe not as much but that’s more down to a lack of understanding. They’ve had Billions spent on them and most probably don’t even know that we were above them in the pyramid two decades ago and sent them down with our win. They have grown a large plastic following but I’m easy with that. Compare the atmosphere they had and it wasn’t much and you can’t buy that.

It was a great night and to battle and put in a very respectable performance against a side with World Cup winners etc worth £100s millions regardless of the changes they made is a credit to our progress and our team.

Hopefully we can take confidence from this and take it into the league and try and get a league closer to them.

2 hours ago, Cityinpeace said:

You could have literally copied and pasted all of that post from RAWK! Previous to today a team that is (in your opinion) " funded by the most morally bankrupt nation state on the planet, being used purely as a PR exercise by a nation that executes homosexuals and promotes terrorism." was your second team?

Based on 90 minutes of football against inferior opposition (no offence meant) where we fielded a less than full strength side you have decided that a team that have amassed 198 points and scored 201 goals in the last 2 winning premiership seasons lacks energy and is a conservative brand!?

Tbf by all accounts Pep and the Man City players were a class act. Inviting the Vale players into the home dressing room, Pep having a glass of wine and long chat with Askey and so.

As I said there are tossers at every club. They tend to be the loudmouths though who ring up phone in shows and post bile on forums. There's been a fair number of forum members posting nonsense on here! Good luck for the rest of the season.

3 hours ago, Cityinpeace said:

I have no idea what RAWK! is mate.

I apologise for the mix-up on UAE and Saudi Arabia but I don't think that changes my point on their laws on homosexuality and terrorism. UAE are nearly as bad on both counts.

I really liked Pep, and then the whole 'Catalonia' debate arose and his impassioned plea on that debate, and complete avoidance of the same issues, probably worse, in his employers' nation.

At that point the entire 'sportswashing' sham was revealed to me and I couldn't enjoy City the same way.

Your football is really effective and technically brilliant but when I've seen it before, and confirmed yesterday, its just a tad sterile and clinical. Pass around the back line, work into channels, pull back low across the box.

Your less than full strength side cost well over £200m and you had £100m on the bench. I was hoping for more than a deflected long-shot and scrappy goals that needed VAR. 4th one was good, like.

3 hours ago, Cityinpeace said:

You really haven’t got a clue have you. 😂You can stick your millions where the sun don’t shine. While you’re at it, stick your sterile, but for 8000, away fans, stadium, 40 odd thousand fans with no voice.  Stick your sanitised Premier League.  Stick VAR.  Stick your trillionaire foreign owners. I’d choose my “inferior” club any day of the week.  Owned by caring fans, with no other agenda other than the future of the club and local community.

I don't see why a big deal was made in regards to Pope's comments about John Stones. It's not like he said he was crap. He basically complimented him on being a good player but someone that can be got at physically, which is bang on the money. At his best Stones is an elegant defender and lovely to watch, but he can also be a bit powderpuff at times and can certainly be roughed up. That's not to mention the obvious which is he has a mistake in him.

I don't see why a big deal was made in regards to Pope's comments about John Stones. It's not like he said he was crap. He basically complimented him on being a good player but someone that can be got at physically, which is bang on the money. At his best Stones is an elegant defender and lovely to watch, but he can also be a bit powderpuff at times and can certainly be roughed up. That's not to mention the obvious which is he has a mistake in him.

Let’s be honest we’ve all said it about England players at times and Tom never knew this tie would happen! I bet other players have said similar about certain top players but would never surface unless the tie came out the hat!

It’s all humour and snowflakes are getting in a tizz about it but to be fair it’s given us huge exposure because of it even in European press so all publicity is good.

He actually said in his tweet Stones is a million times better than him!

Great day out and The 90 mins was superb as well inside for the first time an amazing stadium.

we scored and not only scored, we equalised. With a wonderful worked goal from back to front. If only we could’ve put a couple more crosses in Pope would’ve scored a another one in certain. The speed they had in closing down and going forward was frightening. When you witness that live it’s scary. Worrall and Amoo, (our quicker players) looked like they couldn’t run second half when up against these lot. 

also the Man City fans were a joke. I’ve heard they were awful at the Etihad in terms of atmosphere but I didn’t think they would be that bad. Saturday tee time game, few pints and they still couldn’t sing. Very disappointed. It’s a good job they saw the Vale fans making so much noise. They’ve become a bit of a plastic club now with all that money. Shame 

Its incredible to think that in a game in which Pep Guardiola managed a team who were signed for fees in excess of £200m (not to mention the millions they spend per week on wages), and with £100m+ of talent sat on the bench, John Askey's Port Vale, assembled for free and 8 months out of near-liquidation, scored by far the most free-flowing goal of the game.

Archived