onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread : FAC3 Manchester City v Port Vale

Fosse69

Incredible night and we scored the goal of the night as well. Not just the quality of Popes header but the passing football (10-12 passes) from our own box to score it. Pep would of admired that.

Better than expected result wise and Brown wasn’t exactly stretched. We defended like trojans and that moment we equalised can never ever be taken away from me.

Fans top drawer!

Advert

27 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Got the same impression from a few (not all) City fans on the way back, and on the train.

"Enjoy your day out?"

"Was that your cup final?"

Might be weird but I couldn't sit in a soulless bowl miles out of the city, not a pub in sight, and watch sterile possession football ad infinitum, all funded by the most morally bankrupt nation state on the planet, being used purely as a PR exercise by a nation that executes homosexuals and promotes terrorism.

Their football was utterly tedious today; I used to be a massive fan of Guardiola but give me Klopp's energetic brand any time. Its as conservative as Pulis, with better technical players. Complete risk-aversion. Not an ounce of energy or excitment about it. Hope Liverpool hold out for the title.

I thought Bernardo Silva and Foden looked good, but I forgot David Silva played bar his open-goal miss and Aguero is amongst the most profligate forwards I've witnessed, bundled home tap in aside.

Their starting XI cost £225.4 million pounds from what I can gather, as well as at least an extra £100m on the bench in the form of Walker, Sterling, Mahrez, and Jesus, funnelled in by Saudi Arabia who are desperate to look 'not evil' on the global stage. All to require a deflected long-shot and Mike Dean in a caravan with a VAR computer to see off a club who literally nearly liquidated 8 months ago.

Obviously I'm being slightly hyperbolic; they passed it around nicely at times and the staff were lovely but I've completely u-turned on a club I always had down as a second team since Pep arrived.

Manchester City are owned by the rulers of the United Arab Emirates, not Saudi Arabia. A bit like calling a Scotsman an Englishman I suppose.

I listen to the 606 podcasts every week and Manchester City seen to have their fair share of tossers, as do every club. Last season they were saying they're not bothered about Europe and just want domestic domination, this season they're moaned about Liverpool being top, blaming VAR, then saying Liverpool fans are arrogant for thinking they've already won it, and now they've run out of excuses. Annoys me how they like to portray themselves both as the elite footballing force in this country and yet also pretend to still be the charming "little" local club they possibly once were.

I've always been bored by Pep's style of football and hated the way pundits would drool over his Barcelona team. But fair play to him for going to Germany and England and getting huge success there, even if he does always have huge resources behind him and the Champions League has so far eluded him outside of Barcelona. But though I don't personally like his footballing style you still have to give him all the credit in the world for his success and the way he improves players with his coaching.

Getting to the point now where, regardless of level played at/individual quality, Tom Pope is amongst the most legendary figures of this club's history:

• Local lad and fan
  • Record-breaking scoring season to secure our only promotion in 30 years
  • Top scorer in consecutive seasons to keep the club in the Football League
  • Record club goalscorer since 1945
  • Scored at the treble holders away, after tweeting he'd do so
  • Scored the hat-trick to secure the tie at the treble holder
  • 3 time player of the year winner
  • League 2 player of the year

310 games, 109 goals, countless priceless memories.

1 hour ago, Chopper Harris said:

Can anyone think of a Vale game or even been to a Vale game where there has been a higher attendance? 

My biggest Vale crowd was 54,000 at Wembley for the play off v West Brom. It would have been closer to 80,000 had we not played Stockport at Wembley a week earlier.

3 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

Pope's header was quality.

I’d also like to say what a nice touch it was from Carol getting on the official coaches to speak to the fans, also the family for waving the coaches off as they left Synectics car park. 🙏

One of those 'thoughtful acts of kindness' RG that gives rise to being very proud of all things Port Vale after years of wandering aimlessly in the football league 😎

What a great result for PORT VALE .

I'm not talking score line.... although considering everything that wasn't bad either.

Just 8 short months ago the shanahans purchased port vale, lock stock and two broken barrels for less than man c paid for a single player. In the doldrums and bereft of hope, a bunch of individual players who couldn't win an argument in solitary confinement. With an annual budget that wouldn't cover a man c top player....... here we are.

Not the finished product be a long long way but in 8 very short months we have made giant steps towards recovery ..... a team who realise there are others on the pitch wearing the same shirt playing for the same club and supporters with hope and excitement instead of depression and dissent.

The biggest step as a club we have made is having owners who actually care.... about the club, the supporters and the community.

Well done the shanahans,  the team for doing their best, the supporters for turning up and doing their bit....... and to PORT VALE football club of the past, present and future...... it certainly looks like we have a future...... it's been in doubt for so long.

4 hours ago, pvfc_loyal said:

great day out and we'll always have those 10 minutes where it was 1-1

however 1 small gripe, I didn't like some Vale fans singing you'll never walk alone. Bit small time that. We should have been singing Vale songs and Glad all Over. 

Totally agree. Didn’t agree with the fans baiting each other and didn’t join in with YNWA. Very small time.

Fair play bantering with Crewe & Stoke fans but can’t understand anyone else, especially a team who plays in a different stratosphere.

7 hours ago, Joe B said:

Got the same impression from a few (not all) City fans on the way back, and on the train.

"Enjoy your day out?"

"Was that your cup final?"

Might be weird but I couldn't sit in a soulless bowl miles out of the city, not a pub in sight, and watch sterile possession football ad infinitum, all funded by the most morally bankrupt nation state on the planet, being used purely as a PR exercise by a nation that executes homosexuals and promotes terrorism.

Their football was utterly tedious today; I used to be a massive fan of Guardiola but give me Klopp's energetic brand any time. Its as conservative as Pulis, with better technical players. Complete risk-aversion. Not an ounce of energy or excitment about it. Hope Liverpool hold out for the title.

I thought Bernardo Silva and Foden looked good, but I forgot David Silva played bar his open-goal miss and Aguero is amongst the most profligate forwards I've witnessed, bundled home tap in aside.

Their starting XI cost £225.4 million pounds from what I can gather, as well as at least an extra £100m on the bench in the form of Walker, Sterling, Mahrez, and Jesus, funnelled in by Saudi Arabia who are desperate to look 'not evil' on the global stage. All to require a deflected long-shot and Mike Dean in a caravan with a VAR computer to see off a club who literally nearly liquidated 8 months ago.

Obviously I'm being slightly hyperbolic; they passed it around nicely at times and the staff were lovely but I've completely u-turned on a club I always had down as a second team since Pep arrived.

You could have literally copied and pasted all of that post from RAWK! Previous to today a team that is (in your opinion) " funded by the most morally bankrupt nation state on the planet, being used purely as a PR exercise by a nation that executes homosexuals and promotes terrorism." was your second team?

Based on 90 minutes of football against inferior opposition (no offence meant) where we fielded a less than full strength side you have decided that a team that have amassed 198 points and scored 201 goals in the last 2 winning premiership seasons lacks energy and is a conservative brand!?

Just one last (small) point our owners are from Abu Dhabi not Saudi Arabia!!!!!

7 hours ago, Joe B said:

5 minutes ago, Cityinpeace said:

You could have literally copied and pasted all of that post from RAWK! Previous to today a team that is (in your opinion) " funded by the most morally bankrupt nation state on the planet, being used purely as a PR exercise by a nation that executes homosexuals and promotes terrorism." was your second team?

Based on 90 minutes of football against inferior opposition (no offence meant) where we fielded a less than full strength side you have decided that a team that have amassed 198 points and scored 201 goals in the last 2 winning premiership seasons lacks energy and is a conservative brand!?

Just one last (small) point our owners are from Abu Dhabi not Saudi Arabia!!!!!

With deference mate..... this is football, what happened last season or the season before isn't worth a rat's ass if you aren't doing it this season, it's just something for the pundits and commentators to say to fill space.

I don't agree with the post you replied to either..... everyone who passes the fit and proper person test must be ok.... right?

We put up a good show, you beat us fair and square, 50,000 people turned up and enjoyed a decent evenings entertainment..... what more could be asked for, given you have players available that cost more than our owners paid for the club..... but let's remember football is a funny old game..... top teams don't always stay at the top and bottom teams don't always stay at the bottom and it's what goes on during the season that makes supporting football what it is.

We don't have millions to spend on players but there we were doing our best with what we have and being proud....... maybe next time eh.

Archived