onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread : FAC3 Manchester City v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

1 hour ago, davehartshill said:

Not sure why Vale fans keep referring to City as the best team in England because Liverpool are miles ahead of them at the moment. City can bemoan the fact they’ve got injuries but so have Liverpool. 

I’d be happy for Vale to have more than 30% possession and spend just a few minutes of each half in the City half! 

If we score that away end will be mental. If, and it’s a huge if, we score first then I genuinely don’t know how I’m going to react. 

City fans will certainly never have seen anything like they’re going to see Saturday. Our support will be loud as anything they’ve ever heard. 

This season they are for sure but we have won 4 of the last 8 premierships, they haven't won it for 30 years. No, every other visiting teams fans are quiet as mice!

Got to play our normal pressing game not give them any space or time on the ball and tread on a few feet. 
and play to win,

keep them to 0-0 score the winner in the 92nd min. 

if you admit defeat before going on the pitch you may as well go to the pub.

we got nothing to lose by taking them on. 

10 minutes ago, Cityinpeace said:

This season they are for sure but we have won 4 of the last 8 premierships, they haven't won it for 30 years. No, every other visiting teams fans are quiet as mice!

Everything seems to be running for the Scousers this season mate, plus you seem to have been struggling at CB since the Laporte injury and Kompany's departure. Defending the PL once is a big ask, twice....

We probably won't give you much of a game, but 8,000+ Vale will give you a bit of noise. Our away support is amazing. Even for run of the mill games.

36 minutes ago, toyahw said:

Everything seems to be running for the Scousers this season mate, plus you seem to have been struggling at CB since the Laporte injury and Kompany's departure. Defending the PL once is a big ask, twice....

We probably won't give you much of a game, but 8,000+ Vale will give you a bit of noise. Our away support is amazing. Even for run of the mill games.

get a draw then bring back to val e park win or lose it is  a good day out for all vale fans i will be with my son and  grand childen so we should have a good day out up the vale

😍

9 hours ago, toyahw said:

They have been incredible TBF. I'm sure you will bring an amazing atmosphere, my point was you won't be the first-you wouldn't believe the noise 3000 fans of a European team can make. 

13 hours ago, davehartshill said:

Not sure why Vale fans keep referring to City as the best team in England because Liverpool are miles ahead of them at the moment. City can bemoan the fact they’ve got injuries but so have Liverpool. 

I’d be happy for Vale to have more than 30% possession and spend just a few minutes of each half in the City half! 

If we score that away end will be mental. If, and it’s a huge if, we score first then I genuinely don’t know how I’m going to react. 

City fans will certainly never have seen anything like they’re going to see Saturday. Our support will be loud as anything they’ve ever heard. 

They are at the moment because they don't have any injuries to their best players.  If Liverpool lost Van Dijk, Mane, Salah or Trent then they'd struggle.  There is one reason and one reason only that Liverpool are walking away with the league and that is Laporte's knee injury.  Kompany retired a year earlier than expected and Laporte and Stones have missed almost all of this season so it's just bad luck for City.  

Unfortunately I doubt City will be at full strength tomorrow because of the League Cup tie that follows on Tuesday.

Manchester City have taken 8,000 away many times.  We used to get the Darwen End at Blackburn. Unfortunately in the Premier League most away allocations are limited to 3,000.  Vale will create all the noise tomorrow because the City crowd is going to be full of children.  It will be a chance for both City and Vale to get new supporters.

I hope you all enjoy the day tomorrow.   Going to be a mystery I think as to what City's team will be.  

Going to be a very emotional day, one way or another.

I'm certainly going to relish 8,000 plus Valiants giving Citeh fans a taste of the Vale family atmosphere.

I honestly pray that I am in tears at the end.....tears of joy that our favourites have played their hearts out, come what may and that we can all hold our heads high in the fact that Carol and Kevin can sink a few bevvies with the Man City hierarchy following a fantastic showing of the players and fans.

Maybe I'll be too intoxicated to fully grasp the meaning of the day as it will be one of the biggest in our history. But I will be on my feet, singing, dancing and lauding our squad at the final whistle, no matter what the score.

Off to bed early tonight to dream of a mighty upset and then onto the pub visits prior to the kick off. I feel like a kid at Christmas. What a truly wonderful thing football is when the lesser Clubs like ours are given these special days . I have been to many, many away games , in the depths of winter, in freezing, wet miserable conditions and sometimes alongside only a handful of Vale fans and I have thoroughly enjoyed every one of them.  BUT....  my God tomorrow is going to rank as one of the best, enjoyable days mingling with the thousands of fervent Vale fans.

Enjoy everyone. We'll all look back some day in the future and say " I was there."  UTV. 

I'm looking forward to this one especially as it's my birthday weekend - it would be a great occasion to celebrate being another year older by watching another giantkilling.

My head says our defence won't get a cleansheet against Man City's attack but I fancy Pope to enjoy himself if they pick a rookie defence.

Archived