onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread : FAC3 Manchester City v Port Vale

Fosse69

Surely our greatest ever challenge, Prem Champions for the last 2 seasons. Although we have taken FA Cup holders in our stride in the past, Man City are at a standard never attempted before, for many of the Vale their biggest crowd. Enjoy the day, raise our game, and make us proud.  Hoping for a sensible score, miracles take a little longer.  Hopefully we have avoided injuries against Macc. Motivation should not be a problem, awe and nerves more of a concern.

Advert

This is bigger than any game we’ve played before in terms of the opposition. Of course beating Spurs and Everton were huge achievements in their time, but the huge gap in quality from then to now means we are competing against one of the richest and best sides in the world. This is the equivalent of playing a Bayern Munich or a Madrid in my eyes such is the quality of their team. What an occasion. I just hope the players go out their and enjoy it, without getting too awestruck (save the sight seeing and star pics til afterwords) and do themselves and the club justice and give 100%. Thats all we can ask for. 

Really hope we give a good account of ourselves. It’s a massive boost for club, but a 7 or 8 nil thrashing would leave a bitter taste. 

This game, along with the Robbie Williams gig and finishing off the hospitality/ maybe the Lorne Street in the summer will surely accumulate in us having a better team and stadium next season. Lots to look forward to. 

Think the team picks itself for this one and the players deserve to keep their shirts from the Swindon game.

Brown

Gibbons   Legge  Smith  Monty

Burgess  Joyce  Taylor

Amoo  Pope  Worrall

Give it your best lads and run yourselves into the ground. That’s all we ask. UTV. 

1 hour ago, Fosse69 said:

Surely our greatest ever challenge, Prem Champions for the last 2 seasons. Although we have taken FA Cup holders in our stride in the past, Man City are at a standard never attempted before, for many of the Vale their biggest crowd. Enjoy the day, raise our game, and make us proud.  Hoping for a sensible score, miracles take a little longer.  Hopefully we have avoided injuries against Macc. Motivation should not be a problem, awe and nerves more of a concern.

Nice compliment for Manchester City fans.  Not really sure how we'll line up because of the complication of the League Cup semi-final against Man Utd.

City have been without Laporte and Stones for much of the season and it makes us vulnerable which means we will have to play our strongest side against Utd and for City that game is going to form the back-drop to this fixture.

I think CIty might line up as follows but your guess would be as good as mine:

_______________Bravo

Cancelo__Garcia__Harwood-Bellis__Zinchenko

_____________Gundogan

_______Foden_________David Silva

___Mahrez_____Jesus____Sterling

It could however be a lot stronger side.  If I were you I would want to play against City's best players.

One player to look out for is Tommy Doyle the grandson of Mike Doyle and Glyn Pardoe who older Vale fans might remember.  He might feature.  He plays as a deep-lying midifelder.  Tenacious but also a very good footballer.  He's played in a League Cup tie.

7 minutes ago, Naz said:

Nice compliment for Manchester City fans.  Not really sure how we'll line up because of the complication of the League Cup semi-final against Man Utd.

City have been without Laporte and Stones for much of the season and it makes us vulnerable which means we will have to play our strongest side against Utd and for City that game is going to form the back-drop to this fixture.

I think CIty might line up as follows but your guess would be as good as mine:

_______________Bravo

Cancelo__Garcia__Harwood-Bellis__Zinchenko

_____________Gundogan

_______Foden_________David Silva

___Mahrez_____Jesus____Sterling

It could however be a lot stronger side.  If I were you I would want to play against City's best players.

One player to look out for is Tommy Doyle the grandson of Mike Doyle and Glyn Pardoe who older Vale fans might remember.  He might feature.  He plays as a deep-lying midifelder.  Tenacious but also a very good footballer.  He's played in a League Cup tie.

Monty against Sterling? No contest 🙂

Man City have the depth and a £1.15 Billion squad so realistically a big effort and proud performance is the best we can hope for. I hope we don't get a record defeat or anything like that and have an enjoyable day but money talks sadly in football now and these are one of the world's best sides.

The atmosphere should be incredible in the away end and looking forward to an enjoyable day out with zero pressure or expectation, a draw would be one of the greatest shocks of all time and can't imagine we've ever been 25/1 to win any game in our history!

Kevan pretty much got it spot on in his interview "How do you prepare for Man City" .... "No idea"

Potentially Gibbons v Sterling, Joyce v Silva Smith v Aguero is great for the players though, id love to see us score at least ideally when its still game on!

15 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

40/1 on Ladbrokes now, still 25/1 on SkyBet and down to 25/1 on Betfair. The odds will change once the teams are announced.

Odds for a Vale win are probably shortening given Pope was rested specifically for this game on New Years Day 😉

Odds for a Vale win are probably shortening given Pope was rested specifically for this game on New Years Day
Its a great day out for us fans, a dream game for the players, and Carol and Kev pick up a nice cheque at the end of it. Of course not expecting it , but a goal would be the icing. These games dont come along very often for us , so lets ALL enjoy it ,and make ourselves heard , regardless of the score. UTV. SVA VTID

Lee Mason is the ref. The first time he reffed a Vale game was against Luton 17 years ago when we were in administration and we thought the Icelanders were going to take us over. He gave a very soft penalty against us and someone ran on the pitch and tried to hit him. 

Archived