Fosse69

Match Thread: Port Vale v Macclesfield Town

Taylor for Atkinson? Attacking threat off and another defensive midfielder on? Is Askey looking to hang on to a draw at home to Macc, because that seems awfully negative to me.

Edited by gavcradd
  • Like 1

FT 2-2. Poor, poor result. This is the third time we've failed to beat Macc and I'm starting to wonder if JA can't bring himself to inspire a win over his old club. We need to put a run together to have any hope of a playoff place but with inconsistency like this, the odds are against us. We need some mentally stronger, winning players in the side.

Looks to me like a transitional season.

Edited by CambridgeDon

Poor from Askey today, dunno why he changed a team that beat the league leaders for a team of duffers. If it is in anyway to protect players for Man City then that is piss poor from the manager. Entertaining game again though. Could and should have done better, I felt we have been better with Pope starting, Bennett offered sod all while he was on.

Entertainment 8/10

First thoughts after that, poor performance, gave the ball away far too easily, Macc looked tidy on the ball and deserved at least a draw

I think I am being too harsh on the lads. In perspective, I would ave taken a point away at Mansfield and 4 pts from Swindon and Macc beforehand. Deffo. Sproey just said that too on P&G, onwards and upwards.

<ovf censored>!

Bennett isn't good enough to start games. He's a 4th choice striker at best. I said before the game that I actually think Macclesfield have a decent side, and in Osadebe one of the best wide players. I expected it to be a tight game and in the end it was exactly that. It's dissapointing but 4 points from 6 against Macclesfield and Swindon isn't a bad return and I'm not going to start saying we're not a decent side suddenly. Whether they should or not some of the players will definitely have had some of their focus on the weekend's trip to Manchester.

We won't make the play-offs this season but there's no reason why we can't be a genuine contender in the next one.

Edited by TylerB

These games frustrate the hell out of me but we can't forget how much we've improved since Smurthwaite buggered off.

We're doing fantastically well this season and making great progress.

Like I said at half time....IF we don't get "sloppy". Too many wanted too many touches, or a little turn or didn't react quickly enough. They were not bad on the ball. I'm afraid Bennett hasn't got it for me......and although we keep banging on about a left back I think we can make do and mend with Monty until the end of the season....it's a striker who can replace/cover for Popey that is the priority.

Oh well half a loaf is better than none.....shame that it looks like the Lardies are going to be back in Europe in a couple of seasons, at least that's what I presume they'll be on about on P&G.