onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Macclesfield Town

Fosse69

Advert

1 hour ago, wwindsor said:

Would play Bennett or Archer, also bring Atkinson in for Burgess, just to rest the Pope and Burgess. Also would try to give Archer some game time, dont know why he wasnt in the squad on Sunday??.

Why would you rest Burgess? He’s arguably playing his best football at the minute. He’s just scored his first goal at home for us against top of the league. There is absolutely no need to rest him, keep the lad in and let him carry his form on. 

The only change I would make is to bring in Bennett for Pope. Pope has played a lot lately and Macclesfield will be planning on how to stop him as they'll be expecting him to play. Bennett is a different type of forward and has a lot more mobility than Pope despite also being a big lad himself. I wouldn't be against starting Browne ahead of Amoo either just for fresh legs, and what two weapons to have on the bench if the game is tight after 60-65 minutes in Pope and Amoo. Can't see it happening though! Maybe Atkinson for Joyce would make a little bit of sense but I don't think Luke is the type of player to get knackered despite his age and is probably very eager to start.

But isn't it nice to actually have options?!

It’s all  about trying to keep players fresh, just because we’ve got 2 good performances under our belts doesn’t mean that it can’t be freshened up a little bit because players could be very leggy tomorrow with such a busy schedule. I really think Pope could be on the bench and I think we should be seeing more use of the subs than we have in recent games. 

59 minutes ago, bycarspete said:

Hopefully the 8k real fan's going to city will turn up at Vale Park to familiarise themselves with the team and give a little back before the big day. 

spoke to one of the '8k' today , hes not interested in league games apparently.

Realistic and possible 11?

Brown

Gibbons

Smith

Legge

Montano

Atkinson

Conlon

Taylor

Worrall

Browne

Bennett

Subs:

Maddison, Brisley, Joyce, Burgess, Amoo, Pope, Cullen

I can't see Askey wanting to change the back line at all. It might do Joyce's legs some good to have this one off and Atkinson brings in all of the experience and know how that Joycey has. Conlon should be fresh and raring to go. I left Burgess out because for me Taylor is must start so long as he's match fit. Amoo has been hit and miss and I think Browne would be a more than capable replacement for him for this game. Bennett for Pope for 60-70 minutes.

48 minutes ago, TylerB said:

Realistic and possible 11?

Brown

Gibbons

Smith

Legge

Montano

Atkinson

Conlon

Taylor

Worrall

Browne

Bennett

Subs:

Maddison, Brisley, Joyce, Burgess, Amoo, Pope, Cullen

I can't see Askey wanting to change the back line at all. It might do Joyce's legs some good to have this one off and Atkinson brings in all of the experience and know how that Joycey has. Conlon should be fresh and raring to go. I left Burgess out because for me Taylor is must start so long as he's match fit. Amoo has been hit and miss and I think Browne would be a more than capable replacement for him for this game. Bennett for Pope for 60-70 minutes.

Joyce is the last person I’d leave out, he’s a must on that team sheet. It’s not a coincidence that the only home game we have lost all season is the game Joyce wasn’t playing. He’s the heart of that side. 
For the people saying we should make changes to freshen things up, would you make changes if we were playing Swindon tomorrow and had played Macclesfield Sunday? Just because it’s Macclesfield, it doesn’t mean it will automatically be an easier game. If anything this will be a tougher game. They will come and park the bus and try to hit us on the counter-attack. We should have our most creative players out there. Joyce and Burgess are two creative players. It seems as though some of you are thinking we have three points in the bag. 
I’ll say it again, don’t change a winning side! 

1 hour ago, Portvale4 said:

Joyce is the last person I’d leave out, he’s a must on that team sheet. It’s not a coincidence that the only home game we have lost all season is the game Joyce wasn’t playing. He’s the heart of that side. 
For the people saying we should make changes to freshen things up, would you make changes if we were playing Swindon tomorrow and had played Macclesfield Sunday? Just because it’s Macclesfield, it doesn’t mean it will automatically be an easier game. If anything this will be a tougher game. They will come and park the bus and try to hit us on the counter-attack. We should have our most creative players out there. Joyce and Burgess are two creative players. It seems as though some of you are thinking we have three points in the bag. 

It isn’t about changes because it’s an easier game it’s because it’s the 3rd game in 6 days and some of those players will have put in a lot of work. It’s about trying to make sure we don’t all look a bit leggy in the next game and use the squad wisely. 

It is an interesting problem,do we go same again ? Have they recovered from the efforts against Swindon ? Will the Man City game be on their minds? or do we play Browne Cullen Bennett and Conlon giving us fresh legs,Macc will not give an inch and will cause us problems another 3 points would be a great way to start the new decade, but the last thing we need to do is turn up at the Eitihad feeling leggy and lethargic, they will have all the best treatments in the world for their recoveries so we need to be at our best fitness wise.

A difficult problem to have, but I suppose a nice one......

1 hour ago, PV1973 said:

It isn’t about changes because it’s an easier game it’s because it’s the 3rd game in 6 days and some of those players will have put in a lot of work. It’s about trying to make sure we don’t all look a bit leggy in the next game and use the squad wisely. 

And I’ll ask the question again, would you be suggesting to rotate if we were playing Swindon tomorrow and played Macclesfield Sunday? I can see where you are coming from, but i personally wouldn’t change anything and I’m fairly confident Askey won’t. 

2 hours ago, Portvale4 said:

I don't think anyone thinks it will be an easy game...

But if you have a decent squad, as we do, then at times we should use it. Bringing in a couple of players to keep things a little more fresh is sensible. Joyce is one of our older players and he must be feeling it when we play every few days currently. Quality wise there's nothing in it between him and Atkinson.

Archived