onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Macclesfield Town

Fosse69

Advert

The first was a great goal obviously but so typical of Vale. Back off, loads of space, let them run and run and run without challenge until they're in a position to play an easy diagonal ball or in this case have a crack and admittedly score a stunner. I hate it when the ball is picked up in midfield and the opposition start to run at us as you just know they're going to glide 35 yards unchallenged and have the time and space to find a through ball.  

Disappointed!  But to put that into context, it's a sign of our improvement that I am disappointed at 'only getting a draw.'  hard to think that would have been the case over the last couple of season, when a draw would have produced a big sigh of relief! However, I do suspect that we'll look back on the slippages against Mansfield & Macclesfield and think that was 4 points dropped.  I hope they don't prove to be decisive come the season's end!

3 hours ago, Doha said:

The first was a great goal obviously but so typical of Vale. Back off, loads of space, let them run and run and run without challenge until they're in a position to play an easy diagonal ball or in this case have a crack and admittedly score a stunner. I hate it when the ball is picked up in midfield and the opposition start to run at us as you just know they're going to glide 35 yards unchallenged and have the time and space to find a through ball.  

That's where we miss Manny, in my humble opinion. He's always there or thereabouts, and seems to have much better anticipation of where the player/ball is going to end up than any of our other players, including Joyce, whose lack of anticipation scares the living daylights out of me at times

5 hours ago, vale victory said:

How many got banned because there seems a lot missing
The club needs to look at how to generate a better atmosphere at home because it’s like a morgue most of the time

I think it was 30 something that got banned ,then there will be others who arnt turning up because their mates are banned.

Situation reversed macc lifted their game, its easy to criticise our efforts but macc played some good ball at times, and on the day deserved the point 

Don’t disagree at all, thought Macc, for all their troubles played some excellent football, wouldn’t mind seeing a few of their players in our squad

Couldn’t be bothered to give my thoughts after yesterday’s game, another game where we have dropped two points. 
Don’t get me wrong, Macclesfield were a well organised and tidy side, but I thought after Worrall’s goal we would go on to comfortably gain three points. 
The first half was a very flat and slow encounter. Neither sets of fans could even generate a little atmosphere, that seemed to be a contrast as to what we were watching on the pitch. Both sides struggled to get going. 
The second half was completely different. I remember having a laugh at Stoke as they threw away a 1-0 in two minutes to go 2-1 down. Then five minutes later the exact same thing happened at Vale Park. Two good goals by Macc I must say. Thankfully, we got level pretty soon after, but after the leveller there was about a ten minute spell of sustained pressure from the Vale. That came to nothing and the game returned to the slow and boring encounter we witnessed in the first 45. 
Some of the lads had off days which is understandable due to the busy schedule. 
Four crucial points dropped in the last seven days, those points would have put us in the play offs. Yet again we fail to beat a side below us at home. Is it a mentality thing? Who knows, but come the end of the season these draws could cost us in our pursuit of the play-offs. However, if someone said we would be 10th in league two, playing Man City in the FA Cup with 8,000 fans and still in the EFL Trophy on January 2nd I would have bit their hand off. 
Keep The Faith 

7 hours ago, Santa said:

During the Swindon game I did wonder what the reaction would have been if it had been Bennett who missed that one on one.

Don't want to have too much of a dig at Pope, but the Swindon miss was poor, but we got away with it for once. All strikers miss gilt edged chances, but Tom only seems to score Tom Pope type goals, which are starting to become collectors items at the moment,  Cheltenham FA cup apart, hence why we need a forward who can create chances for themselves, rather than just relying on the ability to convert them, providing that they receive quality service.  

25 minutes ago, Old fort said:

Don't want to have too much of a dig at Pope, but the Swindon miss was poor, but we got away with it for once. All strikers miss gilt edged chances, but Tom only seems to score Tom Pope type goals, which are starting to become collectors items at the moment,  Cheltenham FA cup apart, hence why we need a forward who can create chances for themselves, rather than just relying on the ability to convert them, providing that they receive quality service.  

Pope missed two guilt edged chances in the Swindon putting the second one past the post at the Bycars End

Archived