onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Macclesfield Town

Fosse69

20 minutes ago, Santa said:

Bennett hasn't been great recently but I feel there's a part of the support who will get on his back because he isn't Pope.

Santa, I can say that my dislike is based on what he brings to the table, it’s not a Pope issue, otherwise I wouldn’t be calling for Cullen and Archer to be given a chance.

This is not a reply to Santa just my thoughts and to say I’m disgusted with some of the underlying issues that I’m hearing about some of our fans.I have heard ppl shout at players but feel that this is through frustration. I can’t say that this has been directed at any player because of the colour of their skin. Obviously I can only hear a number of ppl sitting close to me. If it is the case that ppl are having a go at players because of the colour of their skin, then they need to stop going to VP.

Advert

23 points is it now Askeys dropped points from winning positions, 10 games weve bin winning? The stats are just horrendous under Askey. Get a manager in who can keep a lead and they know what theyre doing.
In the 25 games we have started , both sides had a point each at kick-off.
We have managed to maintain that point in 11 of those games. We have managed to add 2 points to the 1 point in 8 of those matches and only lost a mere 6 points in the remaining 6 games. Not to shabby but of course you can do anything with stats.
One question I would ask...."exactly who would YOU replace Askey with, go on, give us a name you would guarantee would improve us" ?
And of course don't say Klopp, let's keep it realistic.
I give up all hope, I really do.

Flat performance and flat atmosphere, first half was very quiet on and off the pitch

The atmosphere this season at home games hasn’t been great for me anyway , what has happened to all the lads in the paddock that used to sing and switch ends at half time ???
We seem to have lost that vocal singing support this season

As for the game it’s very frustrating but we are far better than last season so it’s work in progress bit like someone said earlier there is nothing in this league and you can see with a bit more quality we can easily achieve the play offs

The forward position is a worry for me as all 4 forwards don’t seem to fit Askeys way of playing ,all the goals the last 3 games coming from midfield or defenders

Anyway on to the Man City game and we can hopefully keep the score down and give a good account of ourselves

Bennett was utter garbage, our lack of goals from our so called strikers is a big worry for me, positive that they are coming from other players within the squad, but if only we busted a gut to bring in a great centre forward, as they say... a good striker will win you games....

At the moment ours are not doing that as much as we need then too.

The points dropped is something to be looked at, we can’t keep going to sleep during periods of a game or towards the very end of the game, it’s unacceptable and had the mentality and energy/desire been better, we’d be well inside the top 7.

Someone on P&G said it... we seem to play to the opposition, meaning we get up for the ‘better’ teams and it’s true... like we have something to prove, that needs to be harnessed for the ‘lesser’ teams.

Macc were good for a point today, they had some tidy players, I thought their number 9 looked a decent player, scored a good goals and gave as good as he got from smith all game... he’d do well in our side.

Man City here we come, let’s hope they turn up for that one in the same way we have done against the top 7 in this league

7 hours ago, vale victory said:

Flat performance and flat atmosphere, first half was very quiet on and off the pitch

The atmosphere this season at home games hasn’t been great for me anyway , what has happened to all the lads in the paddock that used to sing and switch ends at half time ???
We seem to have lost that vocal singing support this season

As for the game it’s very frustrating but we are far better than last season so it’s work in progress bit like someone said earlier there is nothing in this league and you can see with a bit more quality we can easily achieve the play offs

The forward position is a worry for me as all 4 forwards don’t seem to fit Askeys way of playing ,all the goals the last 3 games coming from midfield or defenders

Anyway on to the Man City game and we can hopefully keep the score down and give a good account of ourselves

Agree about the atmosphere at home, a lot of those lads have football banning orders as a result of the game at Grimsby.

26 minutes ago, Conrad said:

Agree about the atmosphere at home, a lot of those lads have football banning orders as a result of the game at Grimsby.

I wondered where those lads had gone. From Lorne Street, you can see a big gap where they used to be.

What a shame their stupidity has cost them. Hopefully when they come back, they come back a lot wiser.

Whatever the merits of individual players, in this case Bennett, being out of the first eleven largely means no game time.

Bennett has hardly played for two months, yet we expect him to come in and perform.

It strikes me as unlikely at best.

He was doing ok when he had a run of games.

It takes a few games to get up to speed.

We need more games for players not in the team and those returning from injury.

1 hour ago, Woakesy said:

I wondered where those lads had gone. From Lorne Street, you can see a big gap where they used to be.

What a shame their stupidity has cost them. Hopefully when they come back, they come back a lot wiser.

A lot of them have moved up into the Hamil wing of the Railway Stand just above where they used to be. They make a decent noise there. 

10 hours ago, fraggle said:

Bennett was utter garbage, our lack of goals from our so called strikers is a big worry for me, positive that they are coming from other players within the squad, but if only we busted a gut to bring in a great centre forward, as they say... a good striker will win you games....

At the moment ours are not doing that as much as we need then too.

The points dropped is something to be looked at, we can’t keep going to sleep during periods of a game or towards the very end of the game, it’s unacceptable and had the mentality and energy/desire been better, we’d be well inside the top 7.

Someone on P&G said it... we seem to play to the opposition, meaning we get up for the ‘better’ teams and it’s true... like we have something to prove, that needs to be harnessed for the ‘lesser’ teams.

Macc were good for a point today, they had some tidy players, I thought their number 9 looked a decent player, scored a good goals and gave as good as he got from smith all game... he’d do well in our side.

Man City here we come, let’s hope they turn up for that one in the same way we have done against the top 7 in this league

Situation reversed macc lifted their game, its easy to criticise our efforts but macc played some good ball at times, and on the day deserved the point 

How many got banned because there seems a lot missing
The club needs to look at how to generate a better atmosphere at home because it’s like a morgue most of the time

14 hours ago, Conrad said:

Bennett did absolutely nothing,in fact I wondered if he’s been told he’s not wanted any more, he just didn’t look bothered at all.

tbf he was probably struggling keep his eyes open all game, he’s got a week old newborn. 

Archived