onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Swindon Town

Fosse69

On 30/12/2019 at 07:57, The French Connection said:
On 29/12/2019 at 18:23, Santa said:
From where I was, Legge slid in and got the ball. Their lad, on the stretch, tried to make a block tackle at the same time and the ball got trapped between them, transferring the energy through the Town player’s leg and jarring either his knee or ankle. It was a ball that was there to be contested and it just seemed like one of those things. The referee didn’t even award a free kick and I think he only booked Legge in the aftermath because he was frightened he’d missed something. A bit spineless TBH.

Their guy broke his leg, it seems. Not seen it, but it sounds like the ref, appreciating the severity of the injury, decided he'd better do something.

Just to add you’re misinformed, the guy has not broken his leg.

Advert

2 hours ago, vale victory said:

I don’t think he contributes enough to warrant a place to be honest , doesn’t score enough , too slow with the ball and needs to be more mobile

Also who would manny replace when fit ???

How fantastic to have 5 first time midfielders ready to go. Manny will have to wait his turn as will Conlon.

Someone I was debating with ( I'm not scrolling back) had Conlon and Atkinson starting against Swindon with the 2 goalscorers on the bench. 

Thankful that JA stuck to his beliefs .

The Plymouth game was the bit of luck Taylor needed for an opportunity to show what he could do and also Burgess whilst not as in the spotlight does a very steady job. The shirt is theirs to lose 

21 hours ago, sandyford_valiant said:

I know that. The point I’m making was it was a hard challenge where he got the ball but went very hard in the follow through and was a bad tackle. Could’ve easily been a red. Think you need to wipe them glasses Jean or sit a bit closer to the pitch. 

Watch this linkhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bG2j4j2Dkg at 5:31.  No way can you see that challenge as a foul let alone a yellow card.  The ref only choose to card Legge after seeing the player hurt and the way the Swindon team reacted.

Very poor officials throughout the game.

3 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Someone I was debating with ( I'm not scrolling back) had Conlon and Atkinson starting against Swindon with the 2 goalscorers on the bench. 

Thankful that JA stuck to his beliefs .

The Plymouth game was the bit of luck Taylor needed for an opportunity to show what he could do and also Burgess whilst not as in the spotlight does a very steady job. The shirt is theirs to lose 

Was me.

One day this forum will notice I know nothing about football.

17 hours ago, MBE said:

Watch this linkhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bG2j4j2Dkg at 5:31.  No way can you see that challenge as a foul let alone a yellow card.  The ref only choose to card Legge after seeing the player hurt and the way the Swindon team reacted.

The link is stuck to other text so difficult to follow but here it is... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bG2j4j2Dkg  ...... thanks for sharing absolutely no way on God’s earth that was a foul let alone a booking. Those who think otherwise look at this link and admit you were wrong.

On 30/12/2019 at 19:40, sandyford_valiant said:

I know that. The point I’m making was it was a hard challenge where he got the ball but went very hard in the follow through and was a bad tackle. Could’ve easily been a red. Think you need to wipe them glasses Jean or sit a bit closer to the pitch. 

Agreed,

You can't risk injuries like that any more.

I think had the tackle been on a vale player this would be a very different thread.

18 hours ago, MBE said:

Thanks very much for posting that link.  It clearly shows that Legge goes in low, plays the ball long before the Swindon player gets there and keeps his tackling foot low in his follow through.  The Swindon player is injured because he comes in late from the side.  That is not a foul, is not a yellow card and is most certainly not a red card.  The dangerous part of the challenge was the Swindon player coming in late on Legge.  I trust we can all agree on that now??

Archived