onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Swindon Town

Fosse69

2 hours ago, JRC said:

Having watched it back Legge was lucky as his left leg was way up in the air and he jumped in. If he had been sent off he would have lost an appeal. I could just about see why the referee only gave a yellow and 20 years ago it wouldn't have been anything more. But of it had been a challenge by a Swindon player I would have been disappointed with just a yellow as most referees would have said he was out of control making the tackle and therefore reckless.

The ref didn’t even give a free kick. 

Advert

1 hour ago, sandyford_valiant said:

Thought it was a fantastic performance. From the first whistle we got at them and never let them settle one bit. The two lads in the middle get about the pitch so much better than I’ve seen us have for years. They also shoot when get chance, what a refreshing change that is to see. 

Popey missed a couple of chances but the hold up play was once again top class. The first attempt he had I thought the keeper did really well in coming out quickly and spreading himself. The second was a one off snapshot that either land in the top corner or go wide. Can’t knock Tom today at all. Centre half’s we’re quality once again and Monty did well and didn’t make a mistake. 

great win and deservedly so al the swindon fans saying that we were a very good team and deserved the win. 

the difference is Jake Taylor and burgess for me. Take these two out and we lose energy and drive.

The Swindon chairman said to Carol, “ my god you’ve got a good team here” Carol replied, “ well yes we have.”

4 hours ago, Houston Valiant said:

He didn’t blow, because he played advantage. No, if the ref booked him , then it was for a late challenge.What else would it be? Only it should have been red. He played advantage , the Swindon players saw their player in distress and kicked it out for a throw-in.  The ref then had to go back and redeem himself somewhat by booking Leon, probably not knowing that the player’s leg was broken. He knew soon after, when they stretchered him off to hospital. Nothing against Leon Legge , as he’s my favorite Vale player. That’s all I’ll say about it.  It’s a bad situation for any player. It’s over now. 

By the reaction of the players at the time, nobody thought it was a foul, that is why everyone played on and only stopped when it was obvious the youth was in pain.  

To be fair , refs are told to stop the match  for a head injury , although he did get up fairly quickly. From what I saw on iFollow , Legge was very fortunate not to be sent off for the first tackle , resulting in their player being carried off. He was late and just went right through him. Just my opinion. 
How was he late? He got the ball seconds before the man!?

Sad that illness meant I had to miss this one. Did listen to it on the radio though; then late on I found a live stream on FB! Duh......

Great performance and great result. Play like that the rest of the season and I think we can look forward to 20/21, whether it's in L2 or playing Stoke in L1.

Everyone is playing for a place in ten squad for the Man City game, let’s hope the effort continues into the Macc game otherwise it will make this Swindon win (as good as it is) seem not that important. They could really kick in here and go into 2020 with some real momentum for the Top 7 places.

4 hours ago, Conrad said:

The Swindon chairman said to Carol, “ my god you’ve got a good team here” Carol replied, “ well yes we have.”

Polar opposite to the pathetic views of his manager then.  Wellens has obviously taken lessons from Fartell.  Spose he is speaking, ( making excuses to) the majority of fans back home, but when you have witnessed the match you make yourself look an idiot with comments like that,

All been said already so I'll keep it brief

- Proper Askey performance that; aggressive, organised, hard working

- Joyce, Burgess, and Taylor has somehow become our strongest midfield

- Legge and Smith were both near perfect defensively

- Monty is a good football player

- Legge's challenge was rash and the ref didn't blow as he signalled advantage. Initial attempt won the ball but he followed through, fairly high. It was unintentional but if he'd got a red I wouldn't have been shocked, but a yellow largely seemed fair (officials were very decent, Caddis theatrics aside). Weird to see Vale fans kick off at a clearly stricken player receiving treatment

- I thought Amoo played decently again

Because playing advantage means just that. So long as there's a reasonable passage of play immediately after that leads to them moving forward and gaining some of that advantage then the play is not called back for the foul even if the advantage played amounts to no end product. It has to be like that otherwise every foul for which advantage is played would result in the play being called back for a foul if the move then broke down

If the ref played advantage why was the game not restarted with a free kick?  

8 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

According to twitter he didn’t break his leg... some guy who knows the paramedic says it’s ligament damage but not broken

Tough tackle... not a red card. It’s done with. Time to move on and appreciate the wonderful performance.

Glad to hear that. Brilliant performance by Vale yesterday . Hopefully the same tomorrow , and a good start to the new year. 

23 minutes ago, philmpv said:

Because playing advantage means just that. So long as there's a reasonable passage of play immediately after that leads to them moving forward and gaining some of that advantage then the play is not called back for the foul even if the advantage played amounts to no end product. It has to be like that otherwise every foul for which advantage is played would result in the play being called back for a foul if the move then broke down

But if you look at the action of the referee, he makes no advantage sign until about three passes after the tackle when he puts his arms out fowards.  He doesn't go to his whistle then not blow it as refs often do when they play advantage, he does nothing.  Look at it on the iPlayer highlights.  It's not a foul and it's not a yellow card.  The ref was simply wrong. 

Archived