onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Swindon Town

Fosse69

5 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

It was said tongue in cheek/ sarcastically.  

Can you offer an actual explanation as to why Worrall wasn't even in the 16 ? 

I can't, apart from the fact Aspin didn't know his arse from his elbow. 

Still a Vale legend but never a manager 

Worrall was out of form this time last year. But then a successful manager ensures that his best players are in good form.

I do roll my eyes when folk say Aspin performed miracles keeping us in the league. But keep us in the league he did. Overall he did okay, but he was on the decline and went at the right time.

Advert

14 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

It was said tongue in cheek/ sarcastically.  

Can you offer an actual explanation as to why Worrall wasn't even in the 16 ? 

I can't, apart from the fact Aspin didn't know his arse from his elbow. 

Still a Vale legend but never a manager 

That's fine. Wozza was/is a prickly character and a moaner. They did not get on. This was one of Aspin's problems. You are with me, or against me. At the end of the day most were against.

Fair enough. We've moved on. 

Overall that was a really good performance with everyone having to work hard to get the 3 points. I thought they were a good side and bar one moment in the first half we nullified their threats out wide and down the middle. So credit to all the defence for that. But we probably could have scored more than 2 on another day, Pope was excellent today and yes he should have done better with his one on one but his general  hold up play meant we could get up the pitch to him. The big difference this season is we have mobility in midfield, typified by both goals with Burgess and Taylor getting up in support of the attack. Monty possibly had his best game defensively today, because they targeted our left hand side. Whilst I was a bit critical at half time of a couple of Gibbos heavy first touches when he lost possession I thought he was excellent defensively overall, but second half didn’t put a foot wrong and was everywhere. Legge and Smith did really well against their striker who’s been scoring for fun this season. You can’t underestimate how well our defence played today to keep them out. But we also provided a threat of our own today and could have scored more. Amoo and Worrall shut the door defensively second half and ensured they had no runners going past the full backs, again they had to do the dirty side today going backwards and they both also provided outlets going forward as well. Great win today against a very good footballing side IMO.

Wellens Swindons manager is a bit sour, says both goals were deflected, Legges tackle was shocking,Vale players sliding in and breaking play up, Ref gave them no protection, reckons it took Pope over a minute to walk off,moaning about how many games they have to play at this time of the year.

2 hours ago, blackdog said:

Wellens Swindons manager is a bit sour, says both goals were deflected, Legges tackle was shocking,Vale players sliding in and breaking play up, Ref gave them no protection, reckons it took Pope over a minute to walk off,moaning about how many games they have to play at this time of the year.

We beat them fair and square in a good game of football. So he can shut up.

5 hours ago, blackdog said:

We were good value for the win. We limited them to 1 clear cut chance all game. That’s good going against the league leaders.

Let me clear it up. The ref bottled it. That challenge is a red card all day long. Leon should have gone for it, but  the ref let the play continue  instead of blowing hard and giving him a red. Then  he didn't know what to do  after it was kicked out for a throw-in. As soon as i saw it, I said "Red card , his leg is broken " . Just my opinion, but Leon was a very lucky boy. 

Let me clear this up, you are talking absolute nonsense. It was a perfectly timed good tackle. He was under control, won the ball cleanly and didn't use excessive force. To me the injury occurred because of how their player fell after the tackle was made. I was amazed he booked him as he didn't blow for a foul. It was only when he saw he was in distress that he booked Leon. Never a foul.

From where I was, Legge slid in and got the ball. Their lad, on the stretch, tried to make a block tackle at the same time and the ball got trapped between them, transferring the energy through the Town player’s leg and jarring either his knee or ankle. It was a ball that was there to be contested and it just seemed like one of those things. The referee didn’t even award a free kick and I think he only booked Legge in the aftermath because he was frightened he’d missed something. A bit spineless TBH.
Their guy broke his leg, it seems. Not seen it, but it sounds like the ref, appreciating the severity of the injury, decided he'd better do something.

1 hour ago, Inny said:
11 hours ago, Houston Valiant said:
Let me clear it up. The ref bottled it. That challenge is a red card all day long. Leon should have gone for it, but  the ref let the play continue  instead of blowing hard and giving him a red. Then  he didn't know what to do  after it was kicked out for a throw-in. As soon as i saw it, I said "Red card , his leg is broken " . Just my opinion, but Leon was a very lucky boy. 

Let me clear this up, you are talking absolute nonsense. It was a perfectly timed good tackle. He was under control, won the ball cleanly and didn't use excessive force. To me the injury occurred because of how their player fell after the tackle was made. I was amazed he booked him as he didn't blow for a foul. It was only when he saw he was in distress that he booked Leon. Never a foul.

He didn’t blow, because he played advantage. No, if the ref booked him , then it was for a late challenge.What else would it be? Only it should have been red. He played advantage , the Swindon players saw their player in distress and kicked it out for a throw-in.  The ref then had to go back and redeem himself somewhat by booking Leon, probably not knowing that the player’s leg was broken. He knew soon after, when they stretchered him off to hospital. Nothing against Leon Legge , as he’s my favorite Vale player. That’s all I’ll say about it.  It’s a bad situation for any player. It’s over now. 

40 minutes ago, The French Connection said:
14 hours ago, Santa said:
From where I was, Legge slid in and got the ball. Their lad, on the stretch, tried to make a block tackle at the same time and the ball got trapped between them, transferring the energy through the Town player’s leg and jarring either his knee or ankle. It was a ball that was there to be contested and it just seemed like one of those things. The referee didn’t even award a free kick and I think he only booked Legge in the aftermath because he was frightened he’d missed something. A bit spineless TBH.

Their guy broke his leg, it seems. Not seen it, but it sounds like the ref, appreciating the severity of the injury, decided he'd better do something.

Having watched it back Legge was lucky as his left leg was way up in the air and he jumped in. If he had been sent off he would have lost an appeal. I could just about see why the referee only gave a yellow and 20 years ago it wouldn't have been anything more. But of it had been a challenge by a Swindon player I would have been disappointed with just a yellow as most referees would have said he was out of control making the tackle and therefore reckless.

I’d like to thank the fans in the Railway paddock who showed respect for the Swindon player who was stretchered off by applauding him, so well done to all those involved.

i was hoping to finish 14th this season and no relegation worries by March, I think 3 definitely 6 more points will secure our league status. Ppl are talking of the play offs and why not, however if you look at the table we’re 7 pts behind third place. I understand it’s one step at at a time and I hope you don’t think I’m getting  (promotion inebriated). Yesterday’s performance as P.Sherwin has stated was like watching the Luton Town game. More 🇨🇴  needed for Monty, I believe it helps to motivate him, he’s part of our Vale family so let’s be part of his. Little things like this will always send a good message to other players and could possible influence their decision to sign for us a bit like the chant, ‘There’s, only one Jake Taylor’. 

1 hour ago, The French Connection said:
15 hours ago, Santa said:

According to twitter he didn’t break his leg... some guy who knows the paramedic says it’s ligament damage but not broken

Tough tackle... not a red card. It’s done with. Time to move on and appreciate the wonderful performance.

8 hours ago, blackdog said:

Both goals were deflected???  The man is an idiot 

Thought it was a fantastic performance. From the first whistle we got at them and never let them settle one bit. The two lads in the middle get about the pitch so much better than I’ve seen us have for years. They also shoot when get chance, what a refreshing change that is to see. 

Popey missed a couple of chances but the hold up play was once again top class. The first attempt he had I thought the keeper did really well in coming out quickly and spreading himself. The second was a one off snapshot that either land in the top corner or go wide. Can’t knock Tom today at all. Centre half’s we’re quality once again and Monty did well and didn’t make a mistake. 

great win and deservedly so al the swindon fans saying that we were a very good team and deserved the win. 

the difference is Jake Taylor and burgess for me. Take these two out and we lose energy and drive.

Archived