onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Swindon Town

Fosse69

Advert

Personally I dont agree, looked to me like both players got to the ball in a 50/50 and their lad came off worse.

I genuinely think that's also what the ref saw and that's why he didnt even give a free kick.

To then book Legge was spineless and, frankly, bizarre.

The ref showed himself up again with our four on two break in the second half where he blew for the head clash.  Their player duly stood up and ran to the touchline after treatment.

For me, both decisions were ridiculous.

1 hour ago, Biddulph_PV said:

I’m here!!! Well I’m not as I’m at a wedding, but celebrating both! 
Brilliant result today, makes Mansfield, Orient, Salford and ... even more frustrating, don’t you think?? Should be comfortably top 7 IMHO

Good stuff! Used to live in Biddulph myself.

I see your point though I just think we’re a work in progress, working towards the finished article. When we get somewhere nearer it’s going to get very exciting.

Excellent from start to finish today. Every single one of them players deserve a pat on the back, to bounce back from such a disappointing end at Mansfield, to then produce a performance like that against the league leaders was fantastic. Swindon looked a tidy side, who obviously got distributed with two of their defenders going off, but every time they went forward they looked dangerous. They are a good side and they will undoubtably go up. Good luck to them! 

It was another entertaining game to watch, which I thought Vale controlled very well. We cut the balls out to Doyle by having two men on him every time the ball came near him. We allowed Zakuani to have the freedom of the ball at the back which was very clever, this ensured Grant never really received the ball in space to pick out a pass. Joyce was once again fantastic, along with two goal scorers. Credit to Burgess, this man has been in Taylor’s shadow, but we are starting to see the talent the lad really has. He’s been excellent over the past few game and  then Taylor, well what can I say? Once again he grabs a goal with fantastic strike. He had a quieter game than usual today, but was still very tidy. The front three all played their part too. Pope really should have buried the one on one, but in fairness to him it was on his weaker side. Monty and Gibbo were fantastic against three busy wingers Anderson, Woolery and Isgrove. I was critical of Monty after the Mansfield game, but that was very good performance from him, he won everything. Last, but no least, LEON LEGGE and NATHAN SMITH, you pair were absolutely outstanding against the hottest strike force in the league. They won absolutely everything and played the ball around with confidence. What a defensive partnership they have, it really was a pleasure to see them throwing everything at the ball. 
MOTM: It has to be Legge, he was absolutely superb. 

We move on to Macc now 4 points off the play-offs. There is now reason why we can’t reduce that to two on Wednesday. My only concern like many have said is that we never seem to show up against sides below us. We seem to enjoy more open games against sides above us. If we play anywhere like we did today, we will should be Macc. 

Finally, Carol and Kevin please get your cheque book out for Jake please!!!! Also, whilst you are there, get Smith and Gibbo signed up for another 2 and a half years.    PLEASE

We are heading in the right direction Valiants, like I said after the Mansfield game. Askey is the man to take us forward. I genuinely believe it!!

Keep The Faith! 

3 minutes ago, eh up nah said:

Personally I dont agree, looked to me like both players got to the ball in a 50/50 and their lad came off worse.

I genuinely think that's also what the ref saw and that's why he didnt even give a free kick.

The ref showed himself up again with our four on two break in the second half where he blew for the head clash.  Their player duly stood up and ran to the touchline after treatment.

It said on my notifications on my phone it was for dissent..I have no idea as it seemed a great 50-50 win tackle and it was just the ref booking Legg because the Swindon player smudged his lipstick

Fair point. Aspin was a poor manager though - Hence the fact that no other league club will go near him. The fact that he was handicapped by the chairman obviously didn't help but it was clear to me he was in over his head regardless.

Very harsh.

Managers in league two never get second chances. I believe Aspin was a decent manager who did a very good job keeping us up and then leaving of his own accord when he thought he couldn’t take us any further.

Askey on the other hand seems to be a good manager in the making. He just needs time.

3 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Legge was a booking, he clearly got the ball but the follow through caught their lad, unintentional but in this day and age it’s a yellow all day. Legge says their lad has broken his leg sadly.

And yet the ref didn’t even give a foul? 

37 minutes ago, PVFC_4_EVA said:

Very harsh.

Managers in league two never get second chances. I believe Aspin was a decent manager who did a very good job keeping us up and then leaving of his own accord when he thought he couldn’t take us any further.

Askey on the other hand seems to be a good manager in the making. He just needs time.

Each to their own. But speaking for myself I generally cringed every time he opened his mouth and I couldn't bring myself to make it through his post match interviews win, lose or draw! He's a club legend which goes without saying as a player, but I found him very uninspiring and not someone that the players would run through a brick walll for. Askey on the other hand well being a relatively quiet and unassuming bloke I can listen to with pleasure.

8 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Legge was a booking, he clearly got the ball but the follow through caught their lad, unintentional but in this day and age it’s a yellow all day. Legge says their lad has broken his leg sadly.

5 minutes ago, George said:

And yet the ref didn’t even give a foul? 

49 minutes ago, eh up nah said:

The ref definitely waved play on.

Swindon reporter says that the playing surface was uneven. Take it he hasn't been to Mansfield recently 
It is. That said, it is more than a little ironic how last season and the one before the players were blaming the playing surface for our poor home form.....

Archived