onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Swindon Town

Fosse69

Toughest league game of the season at Vale Park. They have won 14 to our 7, lost 5 to our 6, can we beat the odds? Unbeaten in the league since their loss to Crewe in October, 2 late goals decided it !!.  How about it Vale? It would be a big confidence boost. Will Taylor be fit? Any  injuries from Field Mill?

Advert

7 hours ago, Vale fan in Alsager said:

Swindon are the best team in the league so I’d expect the Vale will be up for this with it being the last home game of the year .

Will be going this game as I’m expecting Swindon will bring a fair few with doing so well .

Lets hope we do not respect them too much and get the crowd going by winning 50 /50s early and being brave 

UTV Team well I’d make two changes it’s Taylor in and Browne in and I’d even consider if we take the lead bringing on Brisley/Crookes and going five at the back to make sure we close the game down .

Amoo has set up two goals lately with good play but I’d freshen it up and go Worrall on right with Gibbons and Browne on the left always bring Amoo on for either as three games (2 on a treacle of a pitch ours and Mansfield quagmire )in a week is very demanding on the players .

Id even start with Cullen to keep Popey fresh at some point (Macc game ).

Looking forwards to seeing what Vale can do 

Swindon might be at the top at the moment but that should not worry our players how we can perform,if Crewe can beat them i'm sure the Vale can. So let's roar the Vale out of this miserable decade and into a new one which looks like being full of hope for our beloved team and for our long suffering fans.

Our toughest game this season so far IMO. I’d be very pleased with a point, but like some people are saying we always turn up against the in-form sides in the league. We need to keep Doyle quiet because he is obviously their danger man. 
My starting 11: Brown, Gibbo, Legge, Smith, Montaño, Joyce, Burgess, Atkinson/Taylor, Amoo, Pope, Worrall. Subs: Maddison, Evans, Atkinson/Taylor, Cullen, Archer, Browne, Bennett. 
I’m going to be optimistic and go for a 2-1 Vale win. We are due a win because we are playing well. Pope and Amoo with goals. 

6 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

It will be interesting to see what sort of welcome Anthony Grant gets tomorrow.

He'll get stick, booed whenever he touches the ball.

This will result in him running the entire game; the bloke loves the attention. The MK Dons game on the telly the season he left springs to mind, where he won MOTM. The home game against Crewe, after some criticism of him by them in the week, where he scored a worldie.

The best thing the Vale fans could do is ignore him, but they'll get some sort of weird kick out of booing him and he'll relish it, and pick us apart. Guaranteed. He'll be MOTM tomorrow.

I would rest Pope for this one and play the much more mobile Archer, who might be able to pressure the deep lying Grant into mistakes.  

Massive round of applause for Grant from me, the match when he ran on the pitch at the end to remonstrate with the ref was particularly memorable.

1 hour ago, Rampant Zebra said:

It will be interesting to see what sort of welcome Anthony Grant gets tomorrow.

Never ever understood the hate for him on here. Called lazy, bone idle, heart not in it etc.  Complete hogwash.

Grant is one of the best midfield players of the last few years . Could run a game on his own, and his own subtle way of winning free kicks to waste time ( as I'm sure we'll see tomorrow ) would of seen the clock run down at Mansfield. 

Be no boos from me , the sale of him and Alnwick by the greedy one cost us our League one status. 

It is fact that in terms of raw talent Anthony Grant is as good as we've had in the past decade. Would dictate games to his whim in the league above. Good engine, good vision, good technical ability. One of the few players we've had who should have played in the Championship.

Petulant, at times lazy, disrespectful; say what you want about his character. He clearly gave up mid-Bruno experiment (apart from the televised Dons game) and then left as soon as he could.

However, he has no business being in League 2 and will most likely be the best player on the park tomorrow.

36 minutes ago, Another shropshire valiant said:

New experience for me tomorrow, going into the Chris Bailey Lounge for lunch before taking our seats, then man of the match presentation after the game....

12 months to the day we did the same thing against Oldham for my lads 21st

Horrific 1-4 defeat with Whitfield man of the match . 

Thankfully we have a team who are miles better this season. 

Enjoy your day 

Archived