onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Premier League 2019/2020

TylerB

1 hour ago, Fosse69 said:

Strange, 15 Monday games away, only team close is Liverpool with 12. My cynical view is they both have large away followings that are not welcome at more favourable days of the week. But who would arrange this? Or more likely, is they   take up all the away accommodation on a Monday night than other teams might not., some of which rarely go away on a Monday, Certainly very strange, does TV Match income depend on the day of the week? 

When you add to the equation that Newcastle fans have further to travel than any other Premier League team it really is grossly unfair to treat them like this.

Advert

24 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

When you add to the equation that Newcastle fans have further to travel than any other Premier League team it really is grossly unfair to treat them like this.

Vert unfair, I cannot believe it is random, have previous seasons been the same?

4 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

I personally don’t see it as an issue in the greater context of what the Premier League is all about, ie money. Does anyone seriously think that the relevant authorities care or even think about supporters needs or wishes  ?

When TV companies pay out obscene amounts of money to cover live games, they have the absolute right to choose whatever games they like on whatever dates they like, at what ever kick off times they like and for whatever reason they like. No one forced the Greed Is Good chairmen to accept the King’s shilling. 

I empathise with committed Geordies who have to endure this midweek travel to follow their team, but the problem lies firmly with Ashley and other Premier League chairmen who took the money and run with little, if any, thought on how this may impact on their supporters.

Sometime the real problems are much closer to home than clubs would care to admit. 

11 hours ago, RailwayRowdy said:

I personally don’t see it as an issue in the greater context of what the Premier League is all about, ie money. Does anyone seriously think that the relevant authorities care or even think about supporters needs or wishes  ?

When TV companies pay out obscene amounts of money to cover live games, they have the absolute right to choose whatever games they like on whatever dates they like, at what ever kick off times they like and for whatever reason they like. No one forced the Greed Is Good chairmen to accept the King’s shilling. 

I empathise with committed Geordies who have to endure this midweek travel to follow their team, but the problem lies firmly with Ashley and other Premier League chairmen who took the money and run with little, if any, thought on how this may impact on their supporters.

Sometime the real problems are much closer to home than clubs would care to admit. 

I don't disagree with that for one moment RR.  My post was not about the money grabbing chairmen but about the effect their actions have on the supporters.  It does seem ridiculous though that a club like Newcastle, whose fans have further to travel in a season than anyone if they want to see the games, should be scheduled away on Monday nights 14 consecutive times.  Fortunately for the fans, one of those was the "local derby" against Burnley last season!!

It's plainly unfair to give the most northern club so many Monday night games away from home. But is anyone really surprised at anything the footballing authorities do?

I'm surprised they think the Toon boys are worth putting on the TV that often. 🤐 😉

Interesting goal by Newcastle against the Blunts tonight.  Carroll jumps and flicks the ball on, liner flags, ref doesn't blow.  Shelvey picks up the knock on.  The Sheffield defence stop playing and the keeper makes a half hearted attempt to stop his shot which goes in.  It goes to VAR and the goal is given.  Basic schoolboy error by the Blunts - play to the whistle.

• 3 weeks later...

Unbelievable performance from him (and Liverpool) tonight, He gets caught out at times defensively and is still learning that side of the game, but considering he's only 21 he's a ridiculous footballer. He's almost Beckham-esque in the way he crosses and passes the ball at times. The Scottish lad on the other flank isn't half bad either. But when you consider him, Sterling, Rashford, Sancho and Foden, England don't half have some amazing talent right now.

6 hours ago, TylerB said:

Unbelievable performance from him (and Liverpool) tonight, He gets caught out at times defensively and is still learning that side of the game, but considering he's only 21 he's a ridiculous footballer. He's almost Beckham-esque in the way he crosses and passes the ball at times. The Scottish lad on the other flank isn't half bad either. But when you consider him, Sterling, Rashford, Sancho and Foden, England don't half have some amazing talent right now.

We will soon make sure it counts for nothing.😃😃

Archived