onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Premier League 2019/2020

TylerB

Advert

Cards on the table time.

Top 4: City, Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal.

Relegated: Possibly the promoted trio but I suspect Palace might be in trouble if golden boots Zaha leaves. Newcastle? Brighton?

Admin - Make sure this post is deleted next May!!!

After today’s transfers, I think it’s safe to say that football has finally eaten itself.

Stand out move for me is 23 year old Alex Iwobi’s decision to swap the bright lights of London for the salubrious surroundings of  Everton.

The Toffee’s, in desperate need of a goal scorer, shell out a paltry  £35M for the Arsenal man who to date has scored a grand total of, err, 11 league goals.

Am I missing something ? 

On 09/08/2019 at 08:40, Howjy04 said:

Decent business by some clubs especially City,Spurs  

and United.Are Liverpool skint?

Yeah, fantastic stuff by United. Linked with world-class players all summer and you end up with Wan-Bissaka, Maguire and Daniel <ovf censored> James!  😂

I reckon you'll struggle to finish above Wolves and Everton this season unless your yougsters such as Greenwood and Gomes can make a big impact. A forward line of Rashford, Martial and a kid is an absolute joke!

Skint or not, Liverpool will finish God knows how many points above your bunch of jokers again, that's for sure. 

On 08/08/2019 at 21:04, RailwayRowdy said:

After today’s transfers, I think it’s safe to say that football has finally eaten itself.

Stand out move for me is 23 year old Alex Iwobi’s decision to swap the bright lights of London for the salubrious surroundings of  Everton.

The Toffee’s, in desperate need of a goal scorer, shell out a paltry  £35M for the Arsenal man who to date has scored a grand total of, err, 11 league goals.

Am I missing something ? 

Well they did sign Moses Kean from Juventus who's a very promising youngster and a goal-scorer prior to signing Iwobi. And I'm not one to give Everton undue credit. But Iwobi if nothing else works hard for his team and I think he will do alright there where he will start more games. Rightly or wrongly, 35 million in today's market is peanuts for a somewhat promising young International really. 

1 hour ago, TylerB said:

Well they did sign Moses Kean from Juventus who's a very promising youngster and a goal-scorer prior to signing Iwobi. And I'm not one to give Everton undue credit. But Iwobi if nothing else works hard for his team and I think he will do alright there where he will start more games. Rightly or wrongly, 35 million in today's market is peanuts for a somewhat promising young International really. 

Promising youngster ? He’s 23, and has only scored 11 league goals in total since his debut in 2015 ! 

There may be more to come from him (although I doubt it) but I just don’t see how his stats to date add up to his purchase price.

This is not a criticism of Iwobi personally, but more a reflection of how out of control the Greed Is Good League has become.

2 hours ago, TylerB said:

It will be interesting to see what kind of reception Zaha gets from the Palace fans today after putting a transfer request in?

6 hours ago, RailwayRowdy said:

Promising youngster ? He’s 23, and has only scored 11 league goals in total since his debut in 2015 ! 

There may be more to come from him (although I doubt it) but I just don’t see how his stats to date add up to his purchase price.

This is not a criticism of Iwobi personally, but more a reflection of how out of control the Greed Is Good League has become.

Yeah, he's not a kid, but he's the same age as Raheem Sterling and still has years to improve. If you go by goals to minutes his record is more than satisfactory, and that includes 2 goals in 2 and a half games for Italy. He's an excellent signing for them and if he plays every week he'll score goals for Everton without any shadow of a doubt.

On 10/08/2019 at 09:34, TylerB said:

Yeah, fantastic stuff by United. Linked with world-class players all summer and you end up with Wan-Bissaka, Maguire and Daniel <ovf censored> James!  😂

I reckon you'll struggle to finish above Wolves and Everton this season unless your yougsters such as Greenwood and Gomes can make a big impact. A forward line of Rashford, Martial and a kid is an absolute joke!

Skint or not, Liverpool will finish God knows how many points above your bunch of jokers again, that's for sure. 

Just the four from the joke forward line,to start with,You never learn Tylerla.😉

When was the last time Chelsea lost a game 0-4? Although the scoreline didn't really reflect what I saw on MOTD.

It's looking like a very competitive season again. Stupidly, I thought WHU might have given City a game but City are so fast in the final third ... and De Bruyne is as classy a midfielder as you'll see with the ball at his feet.

Empty seats at Newcastle. Their woes continue.

Nice to see some young English talent in most teams yesterday.

On 12/08/2019 at 09:36, Howjy04 said:

Just the four from the joke forward line,to start with,You never learn Tylerla.😉

United were ruthless on the day in front of goal, I'll give credit for that. But for 60 minutes there was nothing in it and you both looked like two very average sides. I still think with everyone fit Chelsea have a better squad of players than you, considering they were without the likes of Rudiger, Kante, Loftus-Cheek, and Hudson-Odoi the other day. But you might finish above them based on the fact that you have better forwards. You're not getting where you would like to be with Giroud and Abraham as your two options...

Maguire is a good signing, despite the price tag, and is a big improvement on what you had before. Wan-Bissaka could become top notch. But in my opinion you needed at least another two or three of those calibre signings.

Archived