onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Premier League 2019/2020

TylerB

As for the rest, City looked like City. Arsenal have made a couple of exciting signings but not the signings they desperately need, so they will be the same old Arsenal this season. Liverpool won 4-1 but thought they were bang average by their usual standards on the night and can certainly improve. Tottenham made hard work of their win over Aston Villa but will always have a chance with Kane up front. I'd take him over Aguero every day of the week, although they are both brilliant.

Advert

Yes, I realised they were demonstrating still against the CFB. When will it all end?

Has Ashley released a bit more cash this summer for players or is that just my perception from afar? The trouble is that the gulf between the better teams and the rest gets wider each year so spending only a few quid still means you are more or less standing still. Big shoes to fill for Bruce.

Poor performance today from what looks to me a poor Chelsea team. 

Whatever Lampard may have learnt under Mourinho, it certainly wasn’t The Portuguese’s defensive skills.

Time and again a simple Leicester pass had the visitors onto the home backline with little cover from midfield and with a little more composure they would surely have won.

Early days, but to me Lampard already looks out of his depth as a coach/manager. One season coaching in the Championship should not entitle him to such a big appointment. 

On 13/07/2019 at 17:33, RailwayRowdy said:

Only one prediction from me on the nauseating Greed Is Good League. Blades, with Chris Wilder in charge, will NOT get relegated. 

Whatever else happens in this God forsaken division,  I don’t give a monkey’s.

You could be right after yesterday's performance.

Just a reminder of how quickly things in football can change.On August 19th,2016 Bolton were top of League One with 9 points from 3 games,Chesterfield were in 2nd place with 7 points and Vale were in 5th place also with 7 points.

Sheff.Utd were in 22nd place with 1 point from 3 games.

Since the 2016/17 season Chris Wilder has won 77 games with the Blades and the only manager with more wins is Pep Guardiola with 88 wins.

He has done a tremendous job with his boyhood club and deserves a lot of credit.

On 18/08/2019 at 10:55, RailwayRowdy said:

Poor performance today from what looks to me a poor Chelsea team. 

Whatever Lampard may have learnt under Mourinho, it certainly wasn’t The Portuguese’s defensive skills.

Time and again a simple Leicester pass had the visitors onto the home backline with little cover from midfield and with a little more composure they would surely have won.

Early days, but to me Lampard already looks out of his depth as a coach/manager. One season coaching in the Championship should not entitle him to such a big appointment. 

To be fair I'm not sure Mourinho could have got much more out the likes of Zouma, Christensen and Emerson. Even Azpilacueta seems on the wain somewhat and he's been terrific for Chelsea.

I've been impressed with what I've seen of Mason Mount. He clearly can and will improve but he has terrific movement and carries a goal threat, while being neat and tidy. England don't and haven't had the best midfield for a while now but with him, Foden, Maddison, Winks and Willock coming through, and then there's Loftus-Cheek too who's still relatively young and inexperienced, there's plenty to be optimsitic about in that area of the field for England.

• 4 weeks later...

7 goals in 3 games for Tammy Abraham who after missing a penalty in the final against Liverpool has suddenly looked like the second coming of Didier Drogba. Long may it continue too, it can only be good for the national team to have yet another option up front. He's also very different to what we have already. He's a very interesting player.

5 hours ago, TylerB said:

7 goals in 3 games for Tammy Abraham who after missing a penalty in the final against Liverpool has suddenly looked like the second coming of Didier Drogba. Long may it continue too, it can only be good for the national team to have yet another option up front. He's also very different to what we have already. He's a very interesting player.

Not interesting enough for Ashley to pay the loan fee when Benitez wanted him a couple of seasons ago.

• 3 weeks later...

What on earth is going on at Spurs?

Lack of investment ? Possibly. Too many unsettled players wanting a move ? More likely. Or even Pochettino cheesed off at missing out on the Utd job last season as Levy wouldn’t release him ? Or a combination of all three ?

Whatever the reason (or reasons), it all seems to be falling apart at one end of the Sevensisters Road.

Re the worst ever Manure team.  I saw the 73-74 relegation team lose 3-2 at Newcastle.  It included blokes like Stepney, Macari, Graham, McIlroy and Best.  I can absolute guarantee that none of the lads on the pitch that day were worse than Fred.

73/74 ,United top scorer was Sammy Mac with 6 goals.George played 12 games.Graham wouldn’t get in the Vale side.Losing 3-2 at Newcastle tells you how bad they were.As I said last Sunday’s team was missing 5/6 regulars.Poor display but still in Europe contrary to what has been posted.Fred is crap,agreed.

On 07/10/2019 at 17:23, Jacko51 said:

Re the worst ever Manure team.  I saw the 73-74 relegation team lose 3-2 at Newcastle.  It included blokes like Stepney, Macari, Graham, McIlroy and Best.  I can absolute guarantee that none of the lads on the pitch that day were worse than Fred.

Boswell?

Archived