onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Xmas

geosname

Advert

2 hours ago, geosname said:

Personally I don't do Xmas but for those of you who do I hope you have a good one.... and may the new year bring what you want not what others think you deserve.

From the funniest Xmas card I have ever seen ....... "here comes fatty with his sack full of crap"

Merry Christmas Geo, and to all our Port Vale family.

Traditionally OVF Towers, Kewdale has been the hub for Christmas family celebrations, but time and tide changes everything - what was once hectic is now quiet. Just perfect for 'may and mar lady' 😎

47 minutes ago, Aussie Rules said:

Merry Christmas Geo, and to all our Port Vale family.

Traditionally OVF Towers, Kewdale has been the hub for Christmas family celebrations, but time and tide changes everything - what was once hectic is now quiet. Just perfect for 'may and mar lady' 😎

I can't remember the last time I was "home" for Xmas mate but I still find it odd and a little confusing to go shopping on Xmas day with temperatures in the mid 30c with shops, markets, banks etc in full swing.

The only thing I really miss about Xmas is the excitement of the kids opening the carefully wrapped gifts, discarding the contents and having hours of amusement with the wrapping and boxes they came in.

Happy days mate, long gone never forgotten.

39 minutes ago, TheSage said:

Happy Xmas to one and all.

I guess the two of you will see the 25th before us lot over here in the wind and the rain. Whatever happened to a white Xmas?

Cocaine is illegal mate 😜

Bring back the winter of 62/63 I say mate...  -20 and below.... as my mother used to say "nice and fresh" ..... never cold.

We had the lowest night temp I've ever seen here a few days ago of 10c but 35c in the day.

1 hour ago, TheSage said:

Happy Xmas to one and all.

I guess the two of you will see the 25th before us lot over here in the wind and the rain. Whatever happened to a white Xmas?

We've just been watching Carols by Candlelight Nick. A far cry from the days when we would crash into bed 3-4am Christmas morning having just wrapped the last of the presents and cooked the last of the meals for the day, and hoping against hope some precious sleep would come our way. You know the rest Nick, excited kids rushing in even before sun-up to excitedly show you what Santa had left in their stockings...'And can we open the presents under the now?' 😎 

1 hour ago, geosname said:

Bring back the winter of 62/63 I say mate...  -20 and below.... as my mother used to say "nice and fresh" ..... never cold.

We had the lowest night temp I've ever seen here a few days ago of 10c but 35c in the day.

Back in the day Geo anyone complaining it was cold was said be 'nesh'. Mind you, there were times delivering milk for the Co-Op I couldn't feel the ends of my fingers.

11 minutes ago, Aussie Rules said:

Back in the day Geo anyone complaining it was cold was said be 'nesh'. Mind you, there were times delivering milk for the Co-Op I couldn't feel the ends of my fingers.

I remember the old milk bottle fence.... and the football pitch behind the dairy.

Bloody hell I feel old mate

11 minutes ago, Aussie Rules said:

What a winter that was Barry?

Sledging and snowballing for three months and the football season extended for four weeks.

It was that cold my parents had to put candles in the outside toilet and it still froze up!!

Merry Christmas to all. On the terraces we used to sing ‘I’m dreaming of a white Christmas’. Perhaps if we win at Mansfield we might have a rendition of Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way, oh what fun it is to see, the Vale win away.

One thing that we can guarantee, is it’ll be a lot quieter in the South of the City, for those that follow, that small club in Blurton.

6 hours ago, geosname said:

Just have a Xmas in Massachusetts Geo, although  we have snow on the ground it's not forecast to snow on Xmas day in our Zip Code so technically not a white one this year. It's been very cold here recently as usual, just revving up for the stretches of -20oC weather during the day time which happen in Jan & Feb. Not bad for an area of the world on a similar line of latitude as the South of France, wish someone would divert that bleedin' gulf stream, I'd take warmth any day over cold. 

Have a good one everyone.

4 hours ago, Playa Amodores said:

Merry Christmas to all. On the terraces we used to sing ‘I’m dreaming of a white Christmas’. Perhaps if we win at Mansfield we might have a rendition of Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way, oh what fun it is to see, the Vale win away.

One thing that we can guarantee, is it’ll be a lot quieter in the South of the City, for those that follow, that small club in Blurton.

Away in a manger 

no crib for a bed

the little lord Jesus lay down and he said

we hate Stoke, we hate Stoke.

Archived