onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Man. City v Port Vale - F.A. Cup

Fosse69

9 hours ago, pete vale said:

Surely there was only one check list electronically shared avoiding ST duplication. If not they must be able to run checks afterwards and deal with multiple purchases on the same ST?

I was suprised at the amount of time taken when purchasing my tickets - checking names/ our address/ season ticket details/ seat allocation/ finally writing on ticket stubs the cost and ID prior to payment. I thought that the Synectics people would have been all over efficiency and streamlining particularly security wise? The writing was on the wall when I queued for 2.5 hours for Salford tickets. It was a 3 hour queue for Man City tickets. I genuinely feel sorry for those that 'do go' who haven't got a ticket but who thought 8K would have gone in a week and a half. The old Rudge days was 1 ticket per ST or Travel Club member but this was also abused as people purchased multiple tickets as the club just wanted to sell (You know what Mr Bell was like with his biscuit tin!) I do hope people get sorted somehow, I thought that ST holders would have bought for friends and family who were non ST's?

I would gladly help the club but honestly thought they may have learned from the Salford ticket sale, then again Crewe?

I'm sure in future it will be better

Check afterwards and deal with multiple purchases? How? Send a car round to every house and demand them back? 🙂

Advert

2 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Check afterwards and deal with multiple purchases? How? Send a car round to every house and demand them back? 🙂

They will know who they have sold the tickets to on the system and also on ticket stubs. If it were an issue they could check, they won't as it will take time. I was merely pointing out it could and should have been done.

I have purchased tickets in the past (or people have bought for me) for games at Wigan/ Old Trafford, etc and they are very strict on who has tickets. The name they are bought in are responsible for any issues arising regardless if they use the tickets personally.

I was trying to help, failing that buy a season ticket and queue for 3 hours like I did.

2 hours ago, MelbourneValiant said:

The old season tickets had vouchers in them. Why not issue vouchers when purchase a season ticket? Maybe 5 that wont expire. Offer tickets to people with vouchers for the current season, then orevious seasons, then the general public. 

Sheffield Unites system appears to be a great model from what I have read.

At Newcastle all ST holders are monitored with regard to their ticket purchases for Away games. Each time you buy an away ticket one point is registered against your ticket. When away tickets go on sale it starts by giving priority to folk with, for example, 100 points, gradually working down to 0 points. 

So.
8k tickets sold.
It's no surprise really.
I've always believed that there are many dormant Vale fans out there.
It's a shame that a number of regulars have missed out.
It would be good if regular attenders were given some priority.
Something to be worked on perhaps.
I just hope that those attending the Etihad, who rarely go, have a conscience.
I would expect anyone going to this prestigious game to feel obliged to go to at least a few home games over the coming weeks and months.
On the basis of these ticket sales, we should be expecting an 8-10k crowd on Saturday.
The reality, of course, will be half that figure.

I’m heartbroken to miss out and it feels harsh when you’ve been at Colchester, Newport, Grimsby etc. with 300 others and then not be amongst 8,000 at a game like this. I can only make games on the rare Saturdays I’m off and this dropped on - I was actually looking forward to a trip to Morecambe.

I genuinely believe the club didn’t expect the tickets to go like they did and that a couple of thousand would be left for general sale to give the rest of us a fighting chance. I think if they could change things like 2 per season ticket then they probably would so I’m determined not to be bitter about the way it’s gone. Nothing I can do about it, anyway.

It’s great for the club to get a good payday and hope the money is used wisely. I’m sure it will be. All those going, have a brilliant day! And try to go easy on those on here who are a bit upset about missing out. It’s not a nice feeling.

See plenty of you at Mansfield!

UTV

Absolute state of the pearl clutching and hysterics on social media lately because the person couldn't get a ticket. Toys out of the pram big style. Now I do sympathise and empathise at people missing out, I really do and hope they get into the home ends. However, screeching and whinging about the club as if PVFC has acted poorly is just daft.

I wrote a post on here the other week about how the Shanahan project will be successful. It'll lift the Vale and by extension trade in Burslem out of the malignant gutter we were slammed into by V2001 and NS.

But it'll take time. Years. You can't throw money at this. Sustainable healthy growth and you start by rebuilding the foundations. It's rebuilding a pyramid. It'll topple over without a stable base to grow upwards from.

The ticketing at Vale needs a revamp. We can all think of certain staff who could do with being moved on. We need new ticketing and CRM software. All linked into marketing and customer retention. Fans = customers. I want promotional material and benefits emailed to fans when it comes to renewal time rather than the pathetic effort we've seen in recent years under previous regimes of some lazy microsoft word black and white table cack-handedly posted on the official site. Tiny tinpot clubs have all this and reap the benefits of ticket purchases, fan loyalty and making bank selling hospitality packages, in contrast we have had to make do and in my view the club have historically had the arrogant attitude of posting some unprofessionally presented info on the official site and fans can find it and come to us, not arsed if they don't, we still get paid for sitting round the VP offices doing nothing.

That'll change under Carol. But it'll take time. Million other things to do.

We would do well out of a points based away ticket allocation system based on loyalty factors like home and away ticket purchase history and being an ST holder. The only way to do that properly and thoroughly is via deep collection and analysis of customer data. Luckily, Carol and big Kevin know a thing or two about IT projects and big data.

Give them time. It's 4 months into their first season.

The other point of the matter is 8000 is nowhere near enough for Vale and we need get out of this bloody tinpot league asap.

I’m heartbroken to miss out and it feels harsh when you’ve been at Colchester, Newport, Grimsby etc. with 300 others and then not be amongst 8,000 at a game like this. I can only make games on the rare Saturdays I’m off and this dropped on - I was actually looking forward to a trip to Morecambe.
I genuinely believe the club didn’t expect the tickets to go like they did and that a couple of thousand would be left for general sale to give the rest of us a fighting chance. I think if they could change things like 2 per season ticket then they probably would so I’m determined not to be bitter about the way it’s gone. Nothing I can do about it, anyway.
It’s great for the club to get a good payday and hope the money is used wisely. I’m sure it will be. All those going, have a brilliant day! And try to go easy on those on here who are a bit upset about missing out. It’s not a nice feeling.
See plenty of you at Mansfield!
UTV

Well said

I know that there are people complaining about the ‘whinging’ of those missing out on tickets but it is frustrating especially after the excitement of the draw - so understand that people are miffed and are displaying frustration

I fully expected to be able to get one on general release so surprised as anyone that they are gone already

I live out of area and attend when I can so a season ticket isn’t an option for me

Really don’t fancy sitting in Man City parts of the ground- wouldn’t be the same- but that is my decision and if others want to do that fine

It is what it is and it’s great Vale are taking so many

Will be supporting from a distance and attending when we get to the 4th round hopefully

31 minutes ago, Doha said:

Absolute state of the pearl clutching and hysterics on social media lately because the person couldn't get a ticket. Toys out of the pram big style. Now I do sympathise and empathise at people missing out, I really do and hope they get into the home ends. However, screeching and whinging about the club as if PVFC has acted poorly is just daft.

I wrote a post on here the other week about how the Shanahan project will be successful. It'll lift the Vale and by extension trade in Burslem out of the malignant gutter we were slammed into by V2001 and NS.

But it'll take time. Years. You can't throw money at this. Sustainable healthy growth and you start by rebuilding the foundations. It's rebuilding a pyramid. It'll topple over without a stable base to grow upwards from.

The ticketing at Vale needs a revamp. We can all think of certain staff who could do with being moved on. We need new ticketing and CRM software. All linked into marketing and customer retention. Fans = customers. I want promotional material and benefits emailed to fans when it comes to renewal time rather than the pathetic effort we've seen in recent years under previous regimes of some lazy microsoft word black and white table cack-handedly posted on the official site. Tiny tinpot clubs have all this and reap the benefits of ticket purchases, fan loyalty and making bank selling hospitality packages, in contrast we have had to make do and in my view the club have historically had the arrogant attitude of posting some unprofessionally presented info on the official site and fans can find it and come to us, not arsed if they don't, we still get paid for sitting round the VP offices doing nothing.

That'll change under Carol. But it'll take time. Million other things to do.

We would do well out of a points based away ticket allocation system based on loyalty factors like home and away ticket purchase history and being an ST holder. The only way to do that properly and thoroughly is via deep collection and analysis of customer data. Luckily, Carol and big Kevin know a thing or two about IT projects and big data.

Give them time. It's 4 months into their first season.

The other point of the matter is 8000 is nowhere near enough for Vale and we need get out of this bloody tinpot league asap.

EMOVSuHXYAEjOqL?format=jpg&name=large

If you were to introduce a loyalty scheme for non season ticket holders I think it would have to be based primarily on home ticket sales rather than away as away ticket sales don't generate any income for our club. Loyalty schemes for attending and purchasing away tickets should only apply to season ticket holders before tickets go on general sale.

I also think it would be difficult to operate a loyalty scheme with our fan base. The club have at various points over the last 10 years tried to introduce reduced ticket prices if purchased prior to match day which has generally not gone down very well with calls for cash turnstiles etc. It is still complained about regularly. I'm sure I remember at one point (10-15 years ago) we made everyone pay £1 for a membership card (which meant that every non season ticket holder had a membership number) that got discount on tickets which also didn't go down well.

When fans turn up 10 minutes prior to kick off to purchase tickets from the ticket office the club have to make a call. Do we ensure we sell the tickets as quickly as possible to reduce the number of people who miss the kick off or do we take the time to record their details to be used for rare situations such as this one with Man City tickets.

If we want a loyalty scheme for events like this then we have to make it easy for the club by getting tickets in advance or through an online account that we have created.

I would imagine that a lot of the people complaining about us not having a loyalty scheme in place are also the ones that complain when the club try to introduce things to monitor sales better and make it difficult for the club by purchasing tickets last minute.

1 hour ago, wotsyobeef said:

If you were to introduce a loyalty scheme for non season ticket holders I think it would have to be based primarily on home ticket sales rather than away as away ticket sales don't generate any income for our club. Loyalty schemes for attending and purchasing away tickets should only apply to season ticket holders before tickets go on general sale.

I also think it would be difficult to operate a loyalty scheme with our fan base. The club have at various points over the last 10 years tried to introduce reduced ticket prices if purchased prior to match day which has generally not gone down very well with calls for cash turnstiles etc. It is still complained about regularly. I'm sure I remember at one point (10-15 years ago) we made everyone pay £1 for a membership card (which meant that every non season ticket holder had a membership number) that got discount on tickets which also didn't go down well.

When fans turn up 10 minutes prior to kick off to purchase tickets from the ticket office the club have to make a call. Do we ensure we sell the tickets as quickly as possible to reduce the number of people who miss the kick off or do we take the time to record their details to be used for rare situations such as this one with Man City tickets.

If we want a loyalty scheme for events like this then we have to make it easy for the club by getting tickets in advance or through an online account that we have created.

I would imagine that a lot of the people complaining about us not having a loyalty scheme in place are also the ones that complain when the club try to introduce things to monitor sales better and make it difficult for the club by purchasing tickets last minute.

It will have to  be an electronic solution, STs are scanned at present or  could be swiped in the future, if a similar  card for home or away attendances improves your chances of obtaining a scarce ticket who would object to that? If so run the risk of going without. Not that there can be guarantees, our STs exceed allocations at most L1/2 grounds and Prems are a problem too. Away fans deserve recognition for their support to the players at away games, just as important as money. Some clubs give them priority over STs

Archived