onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Man. City v Port Vale - F.A. Cup

Fosse69

I reckon there was over 2000 who went in the Villa home end when we took 7500 in the away end, the upper tier behind the goal looked very mixed with loads of Vale flags plus I was drinking before the game with loads who were going in the Holte end. Could be the same this time.

Advert

1 hour ago, Vital Spark said:

Possibly, but a simple check by the ticket-office would have completely prevented opportunists. Basics I’m afraid.

Possibly, but it would have lengthened the queues because of the time it took, I suspect.  The real issue is the ageing software in the ticket office which needs upgrading and I'm sure this will happen as part of the to do list.  Are we able, for example, to scan the season ticket as the purchase was made?  I'm not sure that's possible but someone out there may know?

Possibly, but it would have lengthened the queues because of the time it took, I suspect.  The real issue is the ageing software in the ticket office which needs upgrading and I'm sure this will happen as part of the to do list.  Are we able, for example, to scan the season ticket as the purchase was made?  I'm not sure that's possible but someone out there may know?

An I.T. company with specialty in anti-fraud would know.

A simple printed tick-off list for each ST number in numerical order would have cost a few sheets of paper and seconds to implement.

1 minute ago, Jacko51 said:

I wondered that, the STs are scanned at the turnstiles for a game, is that game deleted to prevent the ST being passed out to another person for re-use? If so scanners at the point of ticket sale would eliminate any misuse of STs. 

28 minutes ago, Vital Spark said:

An I.T. company with specialty in anti-fraud would know.

A simple printed tick-off list for each ST number in numerical order would have cost a few sheets of paper and seconds to implement.

So that's four lists, one for each of the four ticket office windows.  You get ticked off at the first window then your mate follows you in and gets the same numbers ticked off at on of the other windows.  Works well. 

Until the whole ticketing system is overhauled there is no simple answer to what has happened in the last week - apart from hoping that fans are honest, which clearly is too much to expect.

On 18/12/2019 at 13:23, MarkCh said:

Yes, that's the impression I got too, as I thought there were bound to still be a few left. But he said he had nothing left to sell to me, even though I was an ST holder.

Just coming back to this. I’m hoping, after Colin Garlick’s comments on Grumble ‘n’ grumble tonight, that any season ticket holders still without tickets are given chance to purchase any remaining, or newly allocated, tickets, even if on a one per person basis.

Maybe it’s worth you phoning, or better still, visiting, the club to state your case.

35 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

How do people know that some season ticket holders went in multiple times? 

It’s amazing to read the amount of fans that go to every home and away game but don’t have a season ticket. Surely that can’t be cost effective.

If this is the case, it won’t be many surely? Can only be a small minority of the selfish twots.

So that's four lists, one for each of the four ticket office windows.  You get ticked off at the first window then your mate follows you in and gets the same numbers ticked off at on of the other windows.  Works well. 
Until the whole ticketing system is overhauled there is no simple answer to what has happened in the last week - apart from hoping that fans are honest, which clearly is too much to expect.

How could your mate go to another window without the STs?

1 hour ago, Jacko51 said:

Surely there was only one check list electronically shared avoiding ST duplication. If not they must be able to run checks afterwards and deal with multiple purchases on the same ST?

I was suprised at the amount of time taken when purchasing my tickets - checking names/ our address/ season ticket details/ seat allocation/ finally writing on ticket stubs the cost and ID prior to payment. I thought that the Synectics people would have been all over efficiency and streamlining particularly security wise? The writing was on the wall when I queued for 2.5 hours for Salford tickets. It was a 3 hour queue for Man City tickets. I genuinely feel sorry for those that 'do go' who haven't got a ticket but who thought 8K would have gone in a week and a half. The old Rudge days was 1 ticket per ST or Travel Club member but this was also abused as people purchased multiple tickets as the club just wanted to sell (You know what Mr Bell was like with his biscuit tin!) I do hope people get sorted somehow, I thought that ST holders would have bought for friends and family who were non ST's?

I would gladly help the club but honestly thought they may have learned from the Salford ticket sale, then again Crewe?

I'm sure in future it will be better

Archived