onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Man. City v Port Vale - F.A. Cup

Fosse69

Advert

This feels like the vocal minority causing a negative stink.

We have roughly 4,000 season tickets... our average home league attendance last year was 4,431. Assuming that’s up this year and excluding away fans, we are talking about roughly 500 fans here.

My guess would be that the VAST majority of them would have managed to get a ticket through friends with a season ticket. 

Some won’t have done, and it is a huge shame. But the club have not “let anyone down” on purpose and they shouldn’t be “ashamed.”

Season ticket holders are the lifeblood of a  league 2 clubs budget. They determine who we can afford to sign and when. And they deserve benefits for committing. 

I also wonder if it had only been 1 ticket per season ticket if we would have sold out?

Revenue maximised, club financially secured ... its a good result. Some won’t like it and I understand why. But to start attacking the club because of it is a bit over emotional.

2 hours ago, Walka003 said:

Throwing a tantrum and blaming the club won't get you a ticket. All I know is there will be a full away end cheering us on. I didn't get a ticket either emoji2368.png

Well said,it is what it is.Me,my mate and grandson didn't get tickets we rarely miss a game and were amongst the 241 at Crawley.One ticket per season ticket would have been better,maybe a voucher for pay on the day at the Walsall match,but what will annoy many is that there will be no where near 8000 this weekend againt Cheltenham........I also bought 3 tickets in the home section block 108.

4 hours ago, Nofinikea said:

This game will not be a sell out yet it seems Vale could have shifted 10000+ tickets with ease so why isnt the 25% rule being enforced?  Surely it's only a case of shifting netting and having a line of stewards in the concourse.

That said, the reputation our knuckle dragging <ovf censored> Ed's have gained us has probably not helped one bit - tossers.

There is no 25% rule. Its 15% and then that only applies if there is suitable segregation.

37 minutes ago, henry said:

Well said,it is what it is.Me,my mate and grandson didn't get tickets we rarely miss a game and were amongst the 241 at Crawley.One ticket per season ticket would have been better,maybe a voucher for pay on the day at the Walsall match,but what will annoy many is that there will be no where near 8000 this weekend againt Cheltenham........I also bought 3 tickets in the home section block 108.

Keeping the MK Dons and Cheltenham ticket Stubbs would have been another way.

This feels like the vocal minority causing a negative stink. We have roughly 4,000 season tickets... our average home league attendance last year was 4,431. Assuming that’s up this year and excluding away fans, we are talking about roughly 500 fans here.

My guess would be that the VAST majority of them would have managed to get a ticket through friends with a season ticket. 

Some won’t have done, and it is a huge shame. But the club have not “let anyone down” on purpose and they shouldn’t be “ashamed.”

Season ticket holders are the lifeblood of a  league 2 clubs budget. They determine who we can afford to sign and when. And they deserve benefits for committing. 

I also wonder if it had only been 1 ticket per season ticket if we would have sold out?

Revenue maximised, club financially secured ... its a good result. Some won’t like it and I understand why. But to start attacking the club because of it is a bit over emotional.

I’m sorry but they have let some fans down by allowing some ST holders to buy 6 tickets with the same single ST, with repeat visits, because basic tick-off checks weren’t enforced by ticket office staff. Who else can be blamed for those situations?

It’s not negativity, it’s frustration that some things never change at this club.

37 minutes ago, Vital Spark said:

I’m sorry but they have let some fans down by allowing some ST holders to buy 6 tickets with the same single ST, with repeat visits, because basic tick-off checks weren’t enforced by ticket office staff. Who else can be blamed for those situations?

It’s not negativity, it’s frustration that some things never change at this club.

You could argue that it was the fault of the season ticket holders who bent the system and cheated other fans out of tickets?

43 minutes ago, Vital Spark said:

Bang on. The idea that almost every season ticket holder has realistically bought 2 tickets is preposterous. This is the same type of fustrating behaviour that didn't allow me to get a ticket to the game against stoke U21's until it was too late and it's happened again. Heard stories about people with 10 tickets in hand after a single visit. Trip to Manchester City hospitality i think for me. Will hopefully make up for losing out on being in the official away end. Not sure I will be able to wear my Vale shirt that Santa is bringing me though....

48 minutes ago, Vital Spark said:

If that's been allowed to happen it is even more disappointing.

1 hour ago, Vital Spark said:

Either this was a criminally masterminded ticket touting scam, or a few minor incidents that’s were not done maliciously. 

Im betting it’s the latter. 

1 hour ago, ollyandpatch said:

Keeping the MK Dons and Cheltenham ticket Stubbs would have been another way.

Nobody knew we were going to have problems down the line. I went Cheltenham but didn’t save my tickets. I can’t fault the club on they have handled this.

Archived