Fosse69

Man. City v Port Vale - F.A. Cup

31 minutes ago, Doha said:

Absolute state of the pearl clutching and hysterics on social media lately because the person couldn't get a ticket. Toys out of the pram big style. Now I do sympathise and empathise at people missing out, I really do and hope they get into the home ends. However, screeching and whinging about the club as if PVFC has acted poorly is just daft.

I wrote a post on here the other week about how the Shanahan project will be successful. It'll lift the Vale and by extension trade in Burslem out of the malignant gutter we were slammed into by V2001 and NS.

But it'll take time. Years. You can't throw money at this. Sustainable healthy growth and you start by rebuilding the foundations. It's rebuilding a pyramid. It'll topple over without a stable base to grow upwards from.

The ticketing at Vale needs a revamp. We can all think of certain staff who could do with being moved on. We need new ticketing and CRM software. All linked into marketing and customer retention. Fans = customers. I want promotional material and benefits emailed to fans when it comes to renewal time rather than the pathetic effort we've seen in recent years under previous regimes of some lazy microsoft word black and white table cack-handedly posted on the official site. Tiny tinpot clubs have all this and reap the benefits of ticket purchases, fan loyalty and making bank selling hospitality packages, in contrast we have had to make do and in my view the club have historically had the arrogant attitude of posting some unprofessionally presented info on the official site and fans can find it and come to us, not arsed if they don't, we still get paid for sitting round the VP offices doing nothing.

That'll change under Carol. But it'll take time. Million other things to do.

We would do well out of a points based away ticket allocation system based on loyalty factors like home and away ticket purchase history and being an ST holder. The only way to do that properly and thoroughly is via deep collection and analysis of customer data. Luckily, Carol and big Kevin know a thing or two about IT projects and big data.

Give them time. It's 4 months into their first season.

The other point of the matter is 8000 is nowhere near enough for Vale and we need get out of this bloody tinpot league asap.

EMOVSuHXYAEjOqL?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

If you were to introduce a loyalty scheme for non season ticket holders I think it would have to be based primarily on home ticket sales rather than away as away ticket sales don't generate any income for our club. Loyalty schemes for attending and purchasing away tickets should only apply to season ticket holders before tickets go on general sale.

I also think it would be difficult to operate a loyalty scheme with our fan base. The club have at various points over the last 10 years tried to introduce reduced ticket prices if purchased prior to match day which has generally not gone down very well with calls for cash turnstiles etc. It is still complained about regularly. I'm sure I remember at one point (10-15 years ago) we made everyone pay £1 for a membership card (which meant that every non season ticket holder had a membership number) that got discount on tickets which also didn't go down well.

When fans turn up 10 minutes prior to kick off to purchase tickets from the ticket office the club have to make a call. Do we ensure we sell the tickets as quickly as possible to reduce the number of people who miss the kick off or do we take the time to record their details to be used for rare situations such as this one with Man City tickets.

If we want a loyalty scheme for events like this then we have to make it easy for the club by getting tickets in advance or through an online account that we have created.

I would imagine that a lot of the people complaining about us not having a loyalty scheme in place are also the ones that complain when the club try to introduce things to monitor sales better and make it difficult for the club by purchasing tickets last minute.

I think the sale of the rest should go to the fans who haven’t got tickets but went Mk Dons /Cheltenham/ Crawley /etc 

Easy check as when I pay on my card it will say date I paid on my online banking so for example on first morning of sale I paid 40 pounds to Port Vale football club after queuing 3 hrs for five tickets .

Folk like Vital spark Ben Stevens etc would rightly get there tickets then plus many more as I reckon they got a good 800 left to sell after player and other staff have had there quota .

The rest of any to go to general public but only ones who have history of going recently not 20 years ago UTV 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wotsyobeef said:

If you were to introduce a loyalty scheme for non season ticket holders I think it would have to be based primarily on home ticket sales rather than away as away ticket sales don't generate any income for our club. Loyalty schemes for attending and purchasing away tickets should only apply to season ticket holders before tickets go on general sale.

I also think it would be difficult to operate a loyalty scheme with our fan base. The club have at various points over the last 10 years tried to introduce reduced ticket prices if purchased prior to match day which has generally not gone down very well with calls for cash turnstiles etc. It is still complained about regularly. I'm sure I remember at one point (10-15 years ago) we made everyone pay £1 for a membership card (which meant that every non season ticket holder had a membership number) that got discount on tickets which also didn't go down well.

When fans turn up 10 minutes prior to kick off to purchase tickets from the ticket office the club have to make a call. Do we ensure we sell the tickets as quickly as possible to reduce the number of people who miss the kick off or do we take the time to record their details to be used for rare situations such as this one with Man City tickets.

If we want a loyalty scheme for events like this then we have to make it easy for the club by getting tickets in advance or through an online account that we have created.

I would imagine that a lot of the people complaining about us not having a loyalty scheme in place are also the ones that complain when the club try to introduce things to monitor sales better and make it difficult for the club by purchasing tickets last minute.

It will have to  be an electronic solution, STs are scanned at present or  could be swiped in the future, if a similar  card for home or away attendances improves your chances of obtaining a scarce ticket who would object to that? If so run the risk of going without. Not that there can be guarantees, our STs exceed allocations at most L1/2 grounds and Prems are a problem too. Away fans deserve recognition for their support to the players at away games, just as important as money. Some clubs give them priority over STs

Write a 300 word essay for City tickets. Proper funny that is. Proper tinpot!

Should have opened the ballot for those who purchase/have tickets for any game between now and the end of the year. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, davehartshill said:

Should have opened the ballot for those who purchase/have tickets for any game between now and the end of the year. 

Anybody with any sense would include past ticket evidence in with their essay.

• Like 2

I feel like we’ve missed a huge chance to get some extra revenue for tomorrow’s match to be honest. 

“Get entered into the ballot if you have a Cheltenham ticket”. Even if it only put an extra 500 on the gate it’s still extra cash we’ve missed out on. 

Edited by davehartshill
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, davehartshill said:

"The Club don't give REAL fans a chance; this is an outrage!!!!!"

The club gives real fans a chance

"Proper tinpot!"

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Joe B said:

"The Club don't give REAL fans a chance; this is an outrage!!!!!"

The club gives real fans a chance

"Proper tinpot!"

I’ve got myself 4 tickets for me, my dad  and my kids so I’ve never said owt like that.

It is tinpot  to make fans write why they want the honour of being able to buy a ticket. It’s embarrassing. 

A simple ballot for fans who have tickets from the Cheltenham/Mansfield/Swindon games would’ve been fine. 

Edited by davehartshill
  • Like 1

there's a resounding cryptic message hidden amongst all the moaning and bitterness here, a subtle hint that should give a few people a nudge....buy a season ticket , you don't need a maths degree to see the overall savings that getting one would make .

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, STUNG said:

there's a resounding cryptic message hidden amongst all the moaning and bitterness here, a subtle hint that should give a few people a nudge....buy a season ticket , you don't need a maths degree to see the overall savings that getting one would make .

The more successful a club is the more important it is to have a ST for the perks, as an economic case most Vale fans make that decision, but it does not suit everyone especially some that work most Saturdays. Unfortunately away allocations are sometimes for us less than STs, for Prem teams they are always less, but we have not reached that point yet.

For those that have supported Vale all their lives but now live out of area and only get a few chances to see live matches a Season ticket doesn’t make any sense

There’s more to bring a Vale fan Than a season ticket- there are Vale fans all over the World not just next door to Vale park

How many flexi tickets have the club sold since they went back on sale and the man city  cup draw so you could use to get tickets for the game. 

2 hours ago, davehartshill said:

I’ve got myself 4 tickets for me, my dad  and my kids so I’ve never said owt like that.

It is tinpot  to make fans write why they want the honour of being able to buy a ticket. It’s embarrassing. 

A simple ballot for fans who have tickets from the Cheltenham/Mansfield/Swindon games would’ve been fine. 

Why is it embarrassing? I like the idea. 

What’s embarrassing is some fans using every opportunity to pick and moan. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Vital Spark said:

You don’t need all the answers, just a little common sense.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. I to do not have a ticket, and I realise that my club have made mistakes during the ticket selling process, but I feel sure that the owners will rectify this. I am just over the moon that Vale are playingMan City and will make shed loads of dosh.

So VS you have made your point, now give the club chance to rectify it, and perhaps even consider purchasing a season ticket. Merry Xmas.

• Like 4

What I would like to see is that in future if we get a tie like this one we try to couple it with a reduced price ticket (say £15) for the first home league game after the draw and start selling the tickets on that day to encourage fans to actually watch us in a league game. This is of course after selling tickets to season ticket holders on a one for one basis.

Hopefully though the next time we get a really good draw like this, we are drawn at home and let the away team have the problems we have experienced over this one, although I am sure that they will have a system in place to reward their most  deserving fans.

Hopefully in a few seasons this will be the norm for us any way.

16 minutes ago, rayzer said:

What I would like to see is that in future if we get a tie like this one we try to couple it with a reduced price ticket (say £15) for the first home league game after the draw and start selling the tickets on that day to encourage fans to actually watch us in a league game. This is of course after selling tickets to season ticket holders on a one for one basis.

Hopefully though the next time we get a really good draw like this, we are drawn at home and let the away team have the problems we have experienced over this one, although I am sure that they will have a system in place to reward their most  deserving fans.

Hopefully in a few seasons this will be the norm for us any way.

Not saying it’s a bad idea but you just know what we happen if we’d done that, “oh I can’t get a ticket because I couldn’t make that game. I’ve been to every other game for the last 20 years. It’s not fair, blah blah blah”.

You can please some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time...

• Like 4