onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Man. City v Port Vale - F.A. Cup

Fosse69

Advert

its amazing that we suddenly have over 8000 fans !

oh well - will have to wait for the 4th round to get a ticket 

The club could have handled this much better than allowing 2 per ST. I absolutely understand that ST holders should get priority, but the club should have also considered the bread and butter fans who pay for most games.

Very poor.

Disagree. We have just over 4000 season tickets, so they should be expected to go on their own leaving half the tickets to one season ticket holders. 2 was fair enough and pretty well all season ticket holders who wanted tickets have got them. Anyone else can go in the home end, there are plenty of tickets left.

4 minutes ago, Vital Spark said:

The club could have handled this much better than allowing 2 per ST. I absolutely understand that ST holders should get priority, but the club should have also considered the bread and butter fans who pay for most games.

Very poor.

Not really. Bread and Butter fans should have a 10 game ticket which would have allowed them to purchase. Also, at the end of the day the season Ticket holders are the ones who'll be there on a cold Tuesday night in February cheering the lads on whilst those without are sitting at home in the warmth picking their games.

To be honest, if you go to Vale enough to be a "fan" then you should know enough season ticket holders or ten gamers to get your hands on a ticket. It's a social movement for many after all...

If not just go in the home end. I've got a Man City customer number from my student days in Manchester if anyone needs a hand... 

I guess it's a "good" problem rather than a bad one. It certainly shows the demand is there when Vale do land a plum tie. This is the first time we've had such a tie in ages. I'm confident the owners will reflect on it and learn from it.

I don't have a season ticket. Family and work demands mean I can't get to enough home games to justify it but I don't personally begrudge the season ticket holders getting first dibs at tickets.

I wonder if now the away allocation is sold out whether there's any chance of a live broadcast in the Lorne St bar? I guess it depends on the rights/costs of doing so but as it's outside of that 3pm "blackout" window and a live broadcast is not going to affect Vale ticket sales (i.e. they've all been sold now) it may be 1) a chance for some of the fans in Burslem to at least see the game live and 2) for the club to make a little additional money. 

Considering everything going on at the club, the lack of Wembley visits or the drawing of a big team for years and the close proximity of the venue I genuinely think we would have sold 15,000 tickets (similar to a playoff final) for this one if they'd made them available.

41 minutes ago, Ben Stevens said:

How is it over complicated ?? It’s so simple mate... Season ticket holders are allowed Two tickets subject to availability from Wednesday 11th till 21st December. Then for the average Pay On The Day supporters you have to obtain a voucher of which you receive from purchasing your Walsall ticket on the 7th December (which was after the draw was made) do you can buy only One ticket but only from the 16th to 21st December again subject to availability. This still gives ST holders a full WEEK (as if not enough time anyway) to get your Two tickets and then gives a regular pay on the day customer a chance to watch his/her team play ? It very simple and then still gives season ticket holder priority in the first place... I will reiterate I’ve been a season ticket holder for 15 years and you have probably heard me for the last 15 years on Radio Stoke (Ben from Burslem) I’m just as much if not a more loyal supporter than the garden fence fan that returned just because we get a good draw in the cup ?? I know for a fact there will be people sat in the away end who never supporter Vale with £££ and sit on there back side at home not supporting our club... also it’s very annoying how the season ticket holder is allowed TWO in the first place when The Shanahans said they would like everyone associated with Port Vale FC (regular paying supporters) to be able to watch vale ?? I’ve now heard they have sold out and ST holders can’t even get one because old man Brian bought one for his mate who ain’t been for 20 years ?? Makes me sick the band wagon family of vale fans.. proper supporter here mate 

I agree with you to a certain extent. 

Personally i think it should have been 1 per season ticket. Most people with a ST go with a friend with a ST so no need for 2 per ST. Vale though have also counted 10 game tickets as ST for this purpose. Not sure how many of those we have but it’ll be a sizeable number I expect. That and the proposed sale time for ST was far too long. 3-4 days max then just open up for general sale.

3 minutes ago, AMF said:

Considering everything going on at the club, the lack of Wembley visits or the drawing of a big team for years and the close proximity of the venue I genuinely think we would have sold 15,000 tickets (similar to a playoff final) for this one if they'd made them available.

Not sure about 15k but I’m sure we’d have sold 12k ish.

Not really. Bread and Butter fans should have a 10 game ticket which would have allowed them to purchase. Also, at the end of the day the season Ticket holders are the ones who'll be there on a cold Tuesday night in February cheering the lads on whilst those without are sitting at home in the warmth picking their games.
To be honest, if you go to Vale enough to be a "fan" then you should know enough season ticket holders or ten gamers to get your hands on a ticket. It's a social movement for many after all...

If not just go in the home end. I've got a Man City customer number from my student days in Manchester if anyone needs a hand... 

I’ve been a Vale fan for over 50 years but now live out of the area. I go when I can and also go to away games near where I live. I don’t know any season ticket holders so can’t ask for tickets that way.

Disappointed that you think only people who are able to attend the Vale regularly should be considered as ‘fans’ !

50 years of blood, sweat and tears following Vale as best I can and not even considered a fan - ask my friends here, they’re bored to death of Vale this, Vale that

The club could have issued STs with a single ticket and also issued vouchers for the two games since the draw and given second priority to these voucher holders, before finally going on general sale. That way most regulars would have had access to a ticket and possibly made extra money by boosting the gate for the two home games.

Giving 2 per ST was the unfair and lazy option in my opinion.

Archived