Fosse69

Man. City v Port Vale - F.A. Cup

55 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

I got my tickets today but I wouldn’t be too worried if I hadn’t. Still 5000 odd left and I think after the initial mad rush sales will calm down a bit.

I agree with that. Think we will hit 5k pretty quick and then it will slow down. 

Bloke infront of me used a flexi ticket yes

So in theory if I purchased one of the flex 10 tickets tomorrow for example I could then buy Man City tickets at the same time...

6 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

So in theory if I purchased one of the flex 10 tickets tomorrow for example I could then buy Man City tickets at the same time...

Probably be able do it at the same time I reckon. Allowing fans to do that is surely a good idea! 

Edited by davehartshill

Am sure Carol knows where we need to improve, it's their first season in charge, and what bad luck drawing Man City. Can't believe what some fans complain about, let's for now just get the money in and then leave the Shanahans to iron out any problems encountered.

Prior to this we had fans complaining about the allocation of tickets for the Robbie concert. For heavens sake let's step back and look at where we are, because we look like we are on solid ground to me.

• Like 1

I don't think the 8000 will be sold before general sale.

Would basically need every single ST holder to snap up their 2, which I simply don't think will happen. There is a reasonable number, though not massive, of Vale fans who are elderly and simply won't/can't go to away games.

The first day was always going to be a heavy sell; don't think it'll be anywhere near the same pace moving forward and I'd wager there will be at least a few hundred for general sale.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Am sure Carol knows where we need to improve, it's their first season in charge, and what bad luck drawing Man City. Can't believe what some fans complain about, let's for now just get the money in and then leave the Shanahans to iron out any problems encountered.
Prior to this we had fans complaining about the allocation of tickets for the Robbie concert. For heavens sake let's step back and look at where we are, because we look like we are on solid ground to me.

Not complaining about how far we’ve come with the new owners

Just hoping that all those that have had to put up with the rubbish prior to this have the opportunity to support Vale on what should be a great occasion on our way to better things

No ideal way of allocating tickets but a Pity if the regulars miss out
  • Like 1

Lets see what the next few days bring. There will be a spike naturally on day one.
We could be on for our biggest away following since Anfield in 91.

About 8000 went there Santa?We had a far bigger home support then,ave 7000-8000?
4500 Vale fans turned up last Saturday.There will be plenty left on GS.Why don’t non STs ask an ST to get them a ticket?Some have asked.We have got 2 tickets for non STs today.We could have got 1 more.Ask and you shall receive.I would be amazed if anyone doesn’t know a ST holder.

• Like 1

About 8000 went there Santa?We had a far bigger home support then,ave 7000-8000?
4500 Vale fans turned up last Saturday.There will be plenty left on GS.Why don’t non STs ask an ST to get them a ticket?Some have asked.We have got 2 tickets for non STs today.We could have got 1 more.Ask and you shall receive.I would be amazed if anyone doesn’t know a ST holder.

I don’t but not local.

Special mention for the Ticket office staff, what a difference in customer service from years gone by,friendly helpful and efficient must be the Shannahan effect.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, blackdog said:

Special mention for the Ticket office staff, what a difference in customer service from years gone by,friendly helpful and efficient must be the Shannahan effect.

Patrick Shanahan was working in the ticket office when I went.

3 hours ago, Smugsy said:

I've banged on about this before but we should give priority to the regular away fans. I know it's not top of the priority list but a points system for each away match you attend would ensure that the Super Vale Away following get tickets for big matches after enjoying the delights of the likes of Stevenage and Newport.

I agree. Although season ticket holders deserve first priority as they have put the most money into the club. Had they not bought tickets there would be no FA cup tie. 

8 minutes ago, Conrad said:

Patrick Shanahan was working in the ticket office when I went.

Judging by the pic on Twitter it looked like his sister Francesca was in there as well.

Edited by Jacko51