Fosse69

Man. City v Port Vale - F.A. Cup

8 minutes ago, STUNG said:

hope to see everyone with a ticket for the city game at our next home game ❄️

Seconded

It was always going to happen I guess but why should i miss out on this purely because i cant fit a 2 hour wait in between 9 and 5?

I should at least be permitted a phone purchase

Radio Stoke reporting we’ve sold 2500 which is very impressive when you consider number of staff working, number of tills/windows, number of hours in the day, throughput etc.

I’m not sure they could have sold many more.

• Like 1

But it does mean more st holders can go?

Yes I get that And tickets should ideally go to the fans that follow Vale through thick and thin

Just hope I can get tickets for myself and family when they go on general sale

Would be galling to miss out after 50 years support to someone going to the match as a one off whose never been to Vale before- but I do understand that’s what could happen
  • Like 1

In the rare (almost unique) occasions at the Vale where demand outstrips supply, there is no surefire way of keeping everybody happy. A fairer way for me would have been 2 per season ticket holder and ticket stub holders from one of the last 2 home games and then open sales. Hopefully everyone who wants a ticket can get one and if there are any that can`t perhaps taking them to Vale Park one day may be a thrill for them. 

Lets see what the next few days bring. There will be a spike naturally on day one.

We could be on for our biggest away following since Anfield in 91.

• Like 1

I've banged on about this before but we should give priority to the regular away fans. I know it's not top of the priority list but a points system for each away match you attend would ensure that the Super Vale Away following get tickets for big matches after enjoying the delights of the likes of Stevenage and Newport.

• Thanks 1

I got there at 4-55 after a two hour drive, was the last person before they stopped anyone else joining the queue.got served at 5-20.

Apparently level 2 is sold out, around 2600 first day, may not be any left for general sale.

56 minutes ago, osprey said:

Yes I get that And tickets should ideally go to the fans that follow Vale through thick and thin

Just hope I can get tickets for myself and family when they go on general sale

Would be galling to miss out after 50 years support to someone going to the match as a one off whose never been to Vale before- but I do understand that’s what could happen

I sincerely hope we both get one mate 

I've been an st for 27 years 

• Like 1

Looking bleak for general sales, feeling pretty gutted about the prospect of missing out. Not their fault as this is such a rare event but should of done it 1 per ST holder to at least ensure regulars without a ST who may not know a ST holder get tickets. Chap on social media who’s been MK and Cheltenham panicking he won’t get a Man City one yet this system used for 2 per holder means you’ve got a situation where 1-2000 day trippers who rarely go have potentially got tickets whilst regulars like myself and Rob F for example who’ve endured Accrington and Fleetwoods on a Tuesday night and will likely be there most home games missing out.

At least with 1 per holder you have 3500 plus general sale tickets so we get a chance to get one as well as the day trippers.

Pretty gutted as can’t see the 5500 not going in the next 10 days with 1/3 gone already in a few hours.

39 minutes ago, Santa said:

Lets see what the next few days bring. There will be a spike naturally on day one.

We could be on for our biggest away following since Anfield in 91.

I was too young to drink then.

If we get the same result as then, I may never return! 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Smugsy said:

I've banged on about this before but we should give priority to the regular away fans. I know it's not top of the priority list but a points system for each away match you attend would ensure that the Super Vale Away following get tickets for big matches after enjoying the delights of the likes of Stevenage and Newport.

Needs discussing with Carol, she enjoys the presence of SVA when looking out from directors' areas and appreciates their effect on the team/players. Some sort of membership to record away tickets bought either from the Vale or the away club. We have had a few all ticket games this season so she should appreciate the situation. Nothing to be done now but in the Spring when looking ahead to next season.

• Thanks 1